Please find the notes for today’s update below. It includes both bug fixes and a rundown of known issues the developers are currently working on. It has been said in various official posts already but I want to reconfirm that we stay committed to updating the game over the coming days, weeks and however long it takes to get it to where it needs to be. We’d like to thank you for all your support and patience until now. The updates are planned for approx. every other day (2-3 times per week).
Now the Steam code is visible for those of you who bought the game there. Use it to register on the Paradox forum for tech support.
The manual is also updated, link here:
As always you are also welcome to contact us directly via Zendesk/our support. http://paradox.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new
Edit: The Monday Oct 31 update added an issue for some gamers, solved by many through running the game in 64-bit mode. Unsure on how to do that? Read the top question and answer in this thread.
Edit#2: This should be fixed now, and as a bonus the .net fx reinstall on launch is fixed as well.
Paradox and the Kerberos team
Changelog for Sword of the Stars II update r17430 (Monday Oct 31)
Additions and Improvements:
- The game will now start in native 64-bit mode on operating systems that support it.
- Added 15 new entries to the encyclopedia.
- A new badge has been added for all factions.
Bug Fixes and Other Changes:
***This update will break save games due to changes to special encounter implementation***
- Fixed a divide by zero crash that could occur when the game tried to trigger a rebellion on a planet with 0 civilian population.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the multiplayer lobby.
- Fixed issues where the game would hang on end turn when resolving AI versus AI combat.
- Fixed issues where concurrent combat scheduling could cause game turns to hang.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when a player attempted to save between turns.
- Fixed an intermittent crash that could occur during combat.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when committing an intercept mission.
- Fixed encyclopedia content appearing in the wrong locations.
- Fixed issues where user interface would be unreadable when starting a game window larger than the desktop resolution.
- Added more tool tips to the game lobby.
- Added more tool tips to the colony information widget.
- Added more tool tips to the build screen.
- Added more tool tips to the certain pop-ups and to the station placement screen.
- Fixed a few outstanding localized text issues, including three descriptions in the tech tree;
**** Spinal Mounts
**** Heavy Fission Cannon
**** Assimilation Plague Cure.
- Rebalanced Police ships and some menaces.
- Made improvements to Swarm Hiver, Larva and Queen art.
- Fixed issues where the game window could shrink below the minimum 1024x720 resolution.
- Fixed issue where minimizing the game window could cause it to go full screen instead.
- Fixed an issue where Suul'ka could become available to non-Horde Zuul players via Diplomatic Stations.
- Suul'ka arrival after building a Tribute station is now delayed by at least a turn.
- Fixed a bug with post encounter dialog where list selections were getting mixed up.
- Fixed a miscolored element of the fleet widget items.
- Fixed some underlying UI layout bugs.
- Fixed a bug where Gate Amplifiers would not show up in the station module list. This was preventing the upgrade of Gate stations.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing built modules to be re-queued.
- Fixed art issues with Tarkasian Dreadnought GOOP and Heavy Beam modules.
- Fixed outstanding art issues with Human Supply Transports, Naval Outposts and Polic Cutters.
- Fixed an issue where AI controlled agents running at accelerated time in simulated combat were not doing enough damage to each other.
- Main Menu becoming active before background combat loads. Players cannot proceed past Main Menu until load complete.
- Section descriptions not displaying in Design screen.
- Fleets not providing turn/distance to objectives mid-mission.
- Optimization of Hiver fleet use of gate network.- One avatar per race not displaying correctly
- Options button not working in Main Menu (works in launcher)
- Cinematics button not working
- Continue game button not working
- Sound cut outs (in combat, when lots of sounds)
- Screens transitioning slowly
- Hotkeys not working correctly