• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Anjwalker: Thanks! Vote tallied.

@Mr. Santiago: Fascists are rather popular in Europe, I'm afraid. As for Boer South Africa, do you mean Transvaal?

@TKFS: Tallied.

@Riccardo93: There wouldn't be a Civil War. If I played Virginia, I would dismantle the South from the United States.

Transvaal and Oranje make up the "Boer" states.

@Anjwalker: I understand that. The official name of Transvaal, however, was the South African Republic.

@oberstbrooksy: I'm rubbish at HoI3. Besides, I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of having to mod everything into HoI3 as it is in VicII.

I believe he means South Africa, edited to have Boer as their primary culture. For some reason, their primary culture is British, even though it was always the Boers who held the most power in South Africa.

HOI3 makes puppies cry.

This is the truth. It's terrible, the map is ridiculous.

I still think Virginia would be a crazy thing to do. >_>

By Boer South Africa I meant Transvaal. I'm talking about a surviving boer state, not a british colony released; that'd be something interesting to watch.

I'd like to put forth my vote for Virginia and welcome you back! It's good to see an update here.

So I take it you're planning to go through with the plan you mentioned a long time ago of just sort of continuing the story of California but without using the game? At least I think I remember you saying that.

If suggestions are still open what about some kind of Atlantic Republic/Commonwealth/Kingdom? A country made up of Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and perhaps New England.

The Empire State. New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.

I'm calling it.

South Africa (2)
Virginia (7)
Transvaal (2)
Greece (2)
Atlantic Republic (1)
Empire State (1)
Monarchist Virginia (1)

Stay tuned, after WWII in Empire of the Pacific I will be writing my new AAR called...

Sic Semper Tyrannis - A Virginia AAR

Brief Bio: In the latter years of the 1820s, the young American Confederacy was pushed to its breaking point when a particularly nasty debate over slavery occurred between the two factions, North and South. In response to such a measure, the firebrand South Carolina voted for secession from the United States. It was only a year later that the rest of the South followed her. Taking the lead of her Southern compatriots, the Commonwealth of Virginia, as the largest and most powerful Southern State, leads the very loose Association of Southern States, with the United States of America looming to the North, Virginia looks to steak a claim in the world, in order to ensure the safety and stability of her Sisters.