+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Combat Guide

I'm having a terrible time designing ships with enough energy to do combat. even when i load them up with aux fusion ship in combat also have around 10% of the energy they need.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIIron CrossNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Which race and size of ships are you using.

As a rule, Liir and Morrigi ships seem to have the best energy grids.

Private
    Crusader Kings IISword of the Stars II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This is exactlywhat I needed thank you very much for putting out the effort. I will try to learn more about the game and pay it foreward.

wolfrider66
    'Make your own luck.'

Private
    Crusader Kings IISword of the Stars II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Thanks for all the input from the community, and I do love the AP and HEAP rounds in the ballistic tree. ( That is when the game goes long enough without a terminal problem arising that breaks the game, like any political attempt.)

Stupid question probably been asked a Million times but how do I change focus on which ship my camra is following, I always seem to follow the guy I Don't send into the action.

Hoi 2 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moldovia View Post
    Stupid question probably been asked a Million times but how do I change focus on which ship my camra is following, I always seem to follow the guy I Don't send into the action.
    Double left click the unit?!?!
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Coats View Post
    Double left click the unit?!?!
    Hover with the mouse pointer over the desired ship and press the mousewheel, thats how it works for me...

Also TAB will cycle through friendly units.

focusing

there's also the "F" key to focus on a selected ship.

I apologize if this was mentioned before and I missed it, but are there larger versions of these pictures anywhere? I cant read a damn thing on them they're so tiny.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIIron CrossNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

For some reason they seem to have been thumbnailed; probably because I uploaded them a while ago.

Ill look into reuploading them once I get home next week - In fact since the game is close to being 'cleared' I am considering redoing/updating them in the near future.

In the meantime, try the Wiki or the Beginners Guide; at some point they were in both of those.

I found them on the wiki, thank you.

Thank you, these will come in mightily handy.

Not sure if this has been asked before as I'm not to sure how to search this specific question. Say we have a cruiser, it has one resistance layer and low armor say 2 layers left. Now lets say he gets hit with a weapon that has a 4 armor damage. Now since it used up 3 out of 4 of its armor damage points does it hit the hull for full damage or 1/4? and if hull takes reduced damage from that does the resistance layer still reduce weapon damage even if the armor is gone? Always wondered this but havent played to test it not even sure how unless i find a program that keeps track of damage done and to what. Hope i explained what i meant well as i tends not to and everyone misses my meaning.

Edit: Oh also forgot. Say a LV has no armor points left and gets hit with a weak weapon with a armor damage of 3 does it go through the resistance layer caue armor is gone or does it not even notice?

As you said, the resistance layer is always present (armor or no armor). Armor takes damage (after it's adjusted due to resistance layer) before hull. The left over "point" in your example applies to the hull (and has a chance to crit). The resistance layer is only applied once per "hit". If there is no armor, the resistance layer (for example your LV) applies before it then applies directly to the hull. So minor weapons that do 3 or less damage are absorbed, or bounce or do not apply at all. So to damage the hull of an armorless LV, you'd have to do 4 or better damage.

Does that help?

Good to know that resistance layer is still active, but back to the cruiser with 1 resistance and 2 armor being hit with a 4 armor damage weapon. Does the Weapon do full damage or only 1/4? I don't know much about the crits on weapons atm but that's because i haven't really played yet. Waiting on the all clear.

Sorry I thought I was clear. 4 damage hits, one is resisted, so 3 hit the armor, that layer only has 2 left (assuming a vertical and not horizonal damage, ie pierce), 1 hits the hull. Weapons always do full damage, modified by resistance, armor and so on.

Ah, so once it gets to hull nothing's stoping it. Tried to play a quick game but crashed after I got attacked anyways what I was trying to test was what I read about the liir and Adamantine armor. Never got past magno so don't know how the rest work. I take it adimantine adds 1 resistance layer. Now the liir have a tech that also does that. My question is do they stack and on what ships these upgrades apply to. If they stack and can be on a LV that's seems very powerful. Though I doubt that will happen.

Actually they do stack and yes the LV can become a very dangerous adversary. Though there are weapons that can still shred it if enough are focused on it.

So basically the Liir can have CRs with resistance of 3, DNs with resistance of 4, and LVs with resistance of 5 Balls that's a lot of armor if they get lucky with Adamantine armor and that tech. Anyone else get that or better? I would assume the Hiver would/should be able to get or best that.

Man this game needs to hit the all clear and be where i can play it. I'm shaking with impaitant giddiness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast