• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought through Gamersgate

Sent request for full refund to support@paradox CCing support@gamersgate

Lets see what happens.

Never heard of any other publisher doing this, you guys should be very happy.

We understand the disappointment and we are looking into possibilities for compensation or refund.

But please consider waiting for the first updates from Kerberos,
and give this dedicated team a chance to prove that they will support the game will all their powers.

But it is of course your choice completely!

I do not currently have a problem with Paradox and may well use a refund to buy another of their games assuming I can get a refund. I consider them a solid publisher. If they do provide refunds then yes, a blessing on them.

Bullshit, the word broken in this regard is hyperbole if anything. They are buggy, yes, but none of the games I have bought have I ever considered broken.

But please consider waiting for the first updates from Kerberos,
and give this dedicated team a chance to prove that they will support the game will all their powers.

Even YOU didn't consider waiting for the "first" updates from Kerberos and still forced a release, but now u expect us angry customers to do so?
If i were Steam I'd remove games like this and Stronghold 3 from the store ASAP to send publishers/developers a message by making you lose money. Do you even realize how much people are angry at Steam right now although it's not even their fault? You put everyone in a bad position with this release. I know I will enjoy this game in the future, but still I am pissed and I have every right to be.

Bullshit, the word broken in this regard is hyperbole if anything. They are buggy, yes, but none of the games I have bought have I ever considered broken.

When the Options menu at the game startup is not even accessible...the game is broken. Or unfinished. Whatever you call it, it's not a finished product. Patching after the release is to be expected but having the ability to actually play the game at release is also expected.

Please contact support @ paradoxplaza . com

Thanks for the quick reply

I have now forwarded the original email and its response with ticket number from support @ paradox . com to support @ paradoxplaza . com

I do intend to buy SOTS2 when it has been fixed but what I received with the current release is not what I paid for.

Regina thanks again for the help.

P.S. if a refund is forthcoming I will happily take it in GG Blue Coins as my intent is still to buy the game when fixed and also in the past I have had good service and support from both GG and Paradox.

Last edited:
When the Options menu at the game startup is not even accessible...the game is broken. Or unfinished. Whatever you call it, it's not a finished product. Patching after the release is to be expected but having the ability to actually play the game at release is also expected.

He was referring to all paradox games, as was I. Regarding this game, I do not see it as broken, in a very bad shape but still haltingly playable.

This was a bad release. I won't argue there. But errors do happen and at least the CEO, The Omega, The Big Kahuna made an official statement about that (not many CEOs even care to) AND the teams are working hard to correct what needs to be corrected. Sometimes what helps most is changing the angle of how we look at things. You all have your reasons I suppose but just give this some more thought.

Bad release is being generous, and you know it. He's doing them no favors by being condescending and passive aggressively deflecting blame, especially when the decision not to do a paid beta or even a more thorough/larger one seemed to be his call from what I've read. The only people acting like professionals regarding all this is Paradox.

I'd rather the CEO act like an Adult.

I don't normally post, I usually lurk. But I really don't like the fact I dropped $40 into a game that literally doesn't work. Nothing about it works properly, its a complete mess. I like Kerberos, I love Paradox, they are my favorite publisher. But here is the thing-

HoI III was a mess when it was first released. But you know what? I was able to play HoI III, even if it wasn't great, even if it was bugged, I could actually get to the part where the game was effectively over anyway before memory leaks caused the thing to grind to a halt. The same is true with EU and the same is true with Viccy (though one version of Vic was kinda unplayable when the UK because stoopid powerful)

I rarely dump 40 dollars into things that flat out don't work. As in crash several times on the way to turn 10. I am going to ask for a refund, for the first time from any PC game I've purchased in 5 years. And it makes me unhappy that I do have to ask for a refund. I am shocked Paradox allowed this build to be released. SoTS is dead in the water now, this kind of release has killed the game. Word of Mouth boys, even if they fix the game now this game will never meet its true potential. Its tragic.

I think this sort of mistake just came at a bad time. A lot of the people who play this game were probably also anticipating Stronghold 3, which apparently was also less than compelling at release. Lately there have been a lot of "whoops, beta version!" mishaps too with popular games, as well as many poor first release versions from Paradox itself. Just pretend the release date is actually in two months or so and give them time to make it the great game we all know it will be. There is no point in carrying torches and getting angry over it, this is what Paradox (And really, Kerberos too) always does and most of us still buy their products and enjoy them when they are given time.

The problem is that those of us who bought the game early get nothing but punishment in the form of an unplayable version (Broken is not hyperbole- it freezes for me after a battle or whne trying to colonize a planet- it is totally broken).

Meanwhile if we had simply waited we could get it for cheaper when it goes on sale, and maybe by then, it would be finished.

I do want SOTS2, I want the real game, and I'm sure it will be great when kerberos fixes it. But as it stands there is no reason not to get a refund.

Paradox and Kerberos are not abandoning anything.

I encourage everyone to be patient and to give them time to sort the issues out.

I'm really starting to wonder why any of us should be patient and give them time, when instead we can get a refund for the full price now, and buy the game again in six months, when presumably it actually works, for 75% off the original list price. In case they haven't noticed there is a depression going on, times are tough for everyone, and most of us can't afford to be throwing money around on unfinished, not fun to play, products.

I emailed support about a refund and will let interested parties know what comes of it here.

I admit, out of all the PC games I have purchased through thirty odd years of gameing, this is only the third time I have made a refund request. The other two games were Altered Destiny and Pool of Radiance (it actually wiped my hard drive on uninstall) back in the eighties.

I feel sad as I ltrully loved the original game and had such high hopes. If they ever actually fix SOTS 2 I may revisit it. But this is not a patch in a week to fix it deal.

I'm really starting to wonder why any of us should be patient and give them time, when instead we can get a refund for the full price now, and buy the game again in six months, when presumably it actually works, for 75% off the original list price. In case they haven't noticed there is a depression going on, times are tough for everyone, and most of us can't afford to be throwing money around on unfinished, not fun to play, products.

All I am suggesting is that we consider the view from other angles.

Yes, times are difficult, but if we are going to apply one standard against one entity (Paradox) then we should apply the same standard against the other entity that gave us this "depression" (government; bad governance).

Look. The decision ultimately is yours (all of yours) to make, but if you guys truly support Paradox then why punish them for something that *might not* have been their fault? We REALLY do not know what happened. We truly do not know. But we DO know that both teams WILL work nonstop to get things right for us. This may not mean anything to anyone, but I noticed that FredrikII is listed as one of the moderators for this SOTS forum out of all other subforum sections. That clearly shows that he is taking this issue full front and is on top of it. He is not listed for moderator for any other game listed in that 'current games' subforum. As the CEO I'm certain he is very busy with running things over there and might not have the time to sit in every game forum but he is clearly making this one a priority.

If we don't punish them for this, then why should we expect them to learn and change their business practices. Your approach has them making lots of money by releasing unfinished products, so why would they want to change anything, it's all working out just swimmingly from their perspective. I'm getting sick of being treated like this by gaming companies, and if the only language of displeasure they really understand is lost revenue, then so be it.

I'm giving this fiasco until monday, and if there isn't some significant improvement by then I'm going to be asking for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.