• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean we have about a month until we get the game we were supposed to last Friday?

It means about a month or a bit more till all features are in and fully working from reading it - what you will also be getting is lots of additional content free.

What you will get pretty much from mondya onwards is a stable game so everyone can explore and build their empires - more features will be unlocked over time - which will allow people to slowly learn about using the new features and how they impact the gameplay mechanics over time, instead of having to learn it all at once :)

It means about a month or a bit more till all features are in and fully working from reading it - what you will also be getting is lots of additional content free.

If I have to wait until Christmas for this, then I am sorry but I am just going to attempt a refund and maybe buy this again when/if it works and is on sale. I guess I have to wait and see what "stable" means come Monday.

I need a manual before I even start playing that game for real. Couldn't figure out the combat at all.

The lack of any real documentation is bit perplexing to me as it kind of contradicts any claims that folks did not know this game was not going to be ready for launch.

If I have to wait until Christmas for this, then I am sorry but I am just going to attempt a refund and maybe buy this again when/if it works and is on sale. I guess I have to wait and see what "stable" means come Monday.

My biggest problem with the game as it stands right now is Optimization and Stability. If they can fix the CTDs, and fix support for lower settings, I'll be happy waiting for everything else (especially as the wait times won't be so long anyway).

My biggest problem with the game as it stands right now is Optimization and Stability. If they can fix the CTDs, and fix support for lower settings, I'll be happy waiting for everything else (especially as the wait times won't be so long anyway).

I would be fine with stability alone. But I am not going to wait a month, let alone two for something that was supposed to be done when they got my money.

I would be fine with stability alone. But I am not going to wait a month, let alone two for something that was supposed to be done when they got my money.

I believe that its not going to be a month for stability - From Mecron's post we should see a much more stable game with Monday's patch - and hopefully the few remaining instabilities sorted pretty soon after that

Can't access my old Kerberos Forums acc, lost the username :)
I'll just put my 2 cents down here.

Damn Kerberos, i feel sorry for this game at release. But i trust you will continue to work on it, and fill out its promise.
Everything about the game that i can see so far feels great.
The techtree is familiar yet evolved in a great way with new techs and feasibility. Ship design looks to be a beast (please increase icon sizes, i'm growing old and gamings not helping my eyes ;) )
Systems in place of singular planets are just RIGHT and tho they're a little blank at the moment i'm sure they will fill out. The mission based control is different but eventually i will love it over the micromanagement in SOTS1 where i'd constantly overlook one of my fleets arriving at random location X, dooming it to idle for multiple turns instead of colonizing or whatever i intended.
Starbases! Need i say more! :)

Go get them, i'll be waiting patiently.
Best wishes~

edit: also, i read somebody had another empire put a base in their backyard and start building stuff from it. LOL. Awesome!

Last edited:
I think most of us really want to know WHO made the decision. Who as in singular position and/or singular person. Who was in the captains seat that said "FIRE"! I can only accept an apology if i know who is responsible in the first place.
Was it money? Were you out of money and decided to get it from your customers to keep going? As long as your being honest, please, let it all out!

Who and the reason. Then i can accept an apology with sincerity.

Sincerily
A HUGE fan of SotS

Here you go, hope that answers your question. If you think you can demand anything more from corporations which are supposed to be quiet about their internal decisions, think again.

Ah thanks. I missed that one. Well now i know who.
...but he makes it sound like he released a stable game but it got bugged on the upload LOL! If that was the case it would not take weeks or months to fix. You would just upload the correct one.

That answers really everything i wanted to know. Martin Cirulis, CEO/Creative Director of Kerberos Productions knew he was dumping a pile on us from the start. Another Gaming Industry CEO delivering incomplete games at launch.
I understand bugs but this clearly is no bug or two. This was a Beta we were given.
I'm so torn, I love SotS so much but i absolutly hate supporting this trend that is, with out a doubt, PLAGUING the gaming industry.

As much as I hate to say it, we should have expected this. It is Paradox's game, which means it will always be unplayable garbage on the release day. And let's be honest..it was a deliberate decision to release the game in such state. A mistake can happen once or twice, but when every single game release is like that such excuse just isn't valid anymore.

Honestly, this wouldn't happen if we would just refuse to buy Paradox's games at launches. I guess we have only ourselves to blame. I've learned my lesson some time ago. and now I just never buy Paradox games untill they at least 6 months of patches.

Well, xgstriker, I read something slightly different into the CEO’s story. Not or not only a premature release, not a beta release, but chaos. A software package today is built from thousands of pieces. If these pieces don’t fit together, you have chaos. It looks like code was put together which was never meant to be released. Why and how I don’t know - human error, very likely. A version control problem, or a wrong backup was restored, wrong instructions to the guys or systems building the package, …, there are several other potential explanations. They didn’t use their customers as beta testers, for the software released wasn’t beta, it was simply crap.
What they apparently didn’t do was to build the package to be released and put this package through a final acceptance test. I guess even a short and quick one would have shown that something was wrong. In my (old-fashioned) mind, this is something the CEO should do – simply play the game for an hour or two himself.
They are now trying to bring the right pieces back together (or rebuild them). That they do it step by step, ensuring they don’t screw it up again, is not only understandable, but the right thing to do. This may take weeks or months, but they simply can’t afford another failure. The good thing about this process is that it’s almost certainly going to work, given enough time and given they survive it business- and money-wise.

I’d like to have another similarly honest statement from the CEO regarding their decision to go the Steam-only route. They know that hardly anyone is going to buy SoTS2 BECAUSE OF Steam, and they also must know that there will be people who DON’T buy BECAUSE OF Steam. Whatever the numbers are, Steam is not going to bring, but to cost customers (and they know it – or where are they actively promoting their Steam decision?).
I’m one of these people who would be prepared to support them through these difficult times, by buying SoTS2 now, but I won’t accept Steam. I’m sure there’s more people like me. Can they afford to lose our money after this disaster?

Don’t we deserve an honest statement, too, sir?

Well, xgstriker, I read something slightly different into the CEO’s story. Not or not only a premature release, not a beta release, but chaos. A software package today is built from thousands of pieces. If these pieces don’t fit together, you have chaos. It looks like code was put together which was never meant to be released. Why and how I don’t know - human error, very likely. A version control problem, or a wrong backup was restored, wrong instructions to the guys or systems building the package, …, there are several other potential explanations. They didn’t use their customers as beta testers, for the software released wasn’t beta, it was simply crap.
What they apparently didn’t do was to build the package to be released and put this package through a final acceptance test. I guess even a short and quick one would have shown that something was wrong. In my (old-fashioned) mind, this is something the CEO should do – simply play the game for an hour or two himself.
They are now trying to bring the right pieces back together (or rebuild them). That they do it step by step, ensuring they don’t screw it up again, is not only understandable, but the right thing to do. This may take weeks or months, but they simply can’t afford another failure. The good thing about this process is that it’s almost certainly going to work, given enough time and given they survive it business- and money-wise.

I’d like to have another similarly honest statement from the CEO regarding their decision to go the Steam-only route. They know that hardly anyone is going to buy SoTS2 BECAUSE OF Steam, and they also must know that there will be people who DON’T buy BECAUSE OF Steam. Whatever the numbers are, Steam is not going to bring, but to cost customers (and they know it – or where are they actively promoting their Steam decision?).
I’m one of these people who would be prepared to support them through these difficult times, by buying SoTS2 now, but I won’t accept Steam. I’m sure there’s more people like me. Can they afford to lose our money after this disaster?

Don’t we deserve an honest statement, too, sir?

"90% of paradox customers buy there games through steam"

Ive heard alot of people say how bad paradox games are because they release buggy but ive never heard of another games company release a buggy game then try their hardest to fix it thumbs up

"90% of paradox customers buy their games through steam"? I don't know - perhaps you have access to this kind of internal and probably confidential information.
Why on earth would these guys buy via Paradox, not go to Steam directly? SoTS is a Steam-only, not a Paradox-Steam-only game.

But be this as it may. All I was saying is that the decision to force wanna-be-customers of SoTS2 to have a Steam account is scaring off some of those customers, not attract them. At least one. Me.

"90% of paradox customers buy their games through steam"? I don't know - perhaps you have access to this kind of internal and probably confidential information.

I think Johan posted the percentage in a recent thread. I cannot find that specific one, but this one has similar information:

And all of this creates alot of extra hassle for the large majority of our customers. We've gone from Steam being a small minority to being the biggest chunk of the customer base. This is from who registers at forums and buys the game from pre-orders and day #1 sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.