Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Game

Paradox Interactive
    Wizard Warrior
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

State of the Game

Hello all, there has been problems with the Sword of the Stars 2 release and for this we apologize. This should have been handled in a much more professional way from both us and the developer.

There has been version problems on Steam, and we are working on updating this version 24x7 from both the development and publishing team. Patching is in process for all known errors.

I can personally guarantee we will work on the game until it works as it should be, and in the meantime all I can say is that we should have done this better. Our sincere apologies.

Expect a response and status update from the developer as soon as they are ready with more information (which should be soon). Thanks for your patience.

---
    Fred Wester
    CEO Paradox Interactive
    Twitter - The Wester Front
    Paradox Youtube Channel

fredrik [at] paradoxplaza [dot] com

I feel for you guys really. I know you will do your best as always. Your customer support keeps me here.
    Forum rules:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...aq_forum_rules
    Heraldic Armies: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...eraldic-armies
    Horses Project:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Horses-project

Founder: Paradox Modders International, The Iconians Club 20, 150+ friends association,The Chaapa'ai, 500k Club Social Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik II View Post
    Hello all, there has been problems with the Sword of the Stars 2 release and for this we apologize. This should have been handled in a much more professional way from both us and the developer.

There has been version problems on Steam, and we are working on updating this version 24x7 from both the development and publishing team. Patching is in process for all known errors.

I can personally guarantee we will work on the game until it works as it should be, and in the meantime all I can say is that we should have done this better. Our sincere apologies.

Expect a response and status update from the developer as soon as they are ready with more information (which should be soon). Thanks for your patience.

---
    Fred Wester
    CEO Paradox Interactive
    Nice, you guys actually apologize. Imagine if the Might & Magic: Heroes VI team would do the same, or even appear on the forum. Thumbs up.
    None of you all seem to understand
    I'm not locked in here with you
    You're locked in here with me

1st) Thank you. Really. This response is everything I've come to like about Paradox.
    2nd) Can you talk about how/why a game in this state (ie options menu!!) was approved for release? It's been confirmed it wasn't a mistake, but a deliberate decision.
    Last edited by Innocent Beard; 29-10-2011 at 16:03.
    Please Sign the Non-Steam Version Request Petition for SOTS II: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-1-post-person
    QUOTES USED IN POSTS: Always refer to the Original quote to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Click on the small arrows to do so.
    GREATEST NECRO EVER!: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12291291

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Knowing the game will not be abandoned is good to know.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thank you for responding.

Thank you for taking the time to address the community like this. It's good to know that the issues will be addressed - given time.
    Are you able to shed some light on how the game could be released in this state? I believe I talk for a lot of us when I say that we're dedicated fans of paradox and it's games, but it is a bit disheartening to look forward to a game that you can see is good and it has greatness beneath the surface, only the amount of bugs, many of which are game breakers, and lack of polish ruin it - parts of the interface is missing or doesn't even work.

Thanks, Fred. I guess what's done is done and we need to move on from here. For me personally, my chief concerns right now are a) the size of the Steam download (8.6 GB seems wrong, as if Steam is sending the game twice) and clarification on it, and b) the status of the missing CD keys for the game on Steam (and the resulting inability to access the tech support sub-forums).

thanks for honesty Fred Wester, it realy helps us to know that you care, and we who pay are not left alone with issues, hope all that u said will be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to address the community like this. It's good to know that the issues will be addressed - given time.
    Are you able to shed some light on how the game could be released in this state? I believe I talk for a lot of us when I say that we're dedicated fans of paradox and it's games, but it is a bit disheartening to look forward to a game that you can see is good and it has greatness beneath the surface, only the amount of bugs, many of which are game breakers, and lack of polish ruin it - parts of the interface is missing or doesn't even work.
    Since Fredrik is Paradox's CEO he will never go into details about what went wrong...suffice to say he realized some major problems and admitted it, too.

For the rest time will tell, I do feel sorry for the pre-buyers.

Edit: Thanks for the info, too.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Nice to hear something official! Thanks.
    I often regret that I have spoken; never that I have been silent.

- Publilius Syrus

Thanx for the update Fredrik

Some of us are incredibly unhappy with the performance of the product, situation withstanding, will there be a avenue to pursue refunds if we remain unsatisfied?

Corporal
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Rome GoldSword of the Stars IIMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Thanks for the update and the apology!

First of all, a big thx for the update.
    But sorry if I take that with a grain of salt.
    The same things were said bei the guys from Stardock. And they never delivered.
    I give you all the benefit of the doubt. But now you have to deliver.

Apology accepted but still higly sceptical.

Thanks.
    If the fans are feeling bad about this, I can't imagine what the devs are feeling right now. Imagine pouring 2 years of work into something and .. this happens. I hope it turns out OK for everyone involved.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by caddybear View Post
    Thanks.
    If the fans are feeling bad about this, I can't imagine what the devs are feeling right now. Imagine pouring 2 years of work into something and .. this happens. I hope it turns out OK for everyone involved.
    #

I kinda think the devs knew the state of the game leading into this week.They would also have expected this fire storm just like Paradox,hence no gaming press getting the game.

Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom, 108299645860446, Sheffield
    Thanks for the update....
    Live for nothing or Die for something

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thank you, Mr Wester. Your honesty and openness regarding the launch is a ray of sunlight at times like this.
    Main hobby: strategy games/wargames. Greatest enjoyment: strategy games/wargames. One thing in life I am USELESS at: strategy games/wargames.
    Life is not fair.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast