• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter XI, neighbour in trouble

A Brandenburgian revolution in the west of Bohemia spreads into our province of Anhalt. They are easily thrown out, but Bohemia seems to be having problems controlling them. Our diplomats in Bohemia advices them to negotiate. If only to keep them from roaming across our borders.

eu389c.jpg

Back home in the old Prussian lands, more and more problems concerning the new wing of christianity.

eu392.jpg

Bohemia seems to drown in problems during the 1530's, a massive Ottoman invasion reaches our border in the south. The Ottomans respect borders more than many europeans it seems.

eu393.jpg

Ottoman Germany in 3... 2... 1... ?

It always makes for such lovely looking borders when the Ottomans decide to take a straight line north. :D

It always makes for such lovely looking borders when the Ottomans decide to take a straight line north. :D

Ottoman Germany in 3... 2... 1... ?

Might happen, but I do not think the Ottomans have the strenght to keep anything this far north. Ok, they can take down a weakened oversized Bohemia, but a continous struggle to control Germany will probably be to much for them. I hope.

The Ottomans can do some strange things. I once saw them eat Russia whole. It was so strange to see the entirety of Russia controlled by the Ottomans.

I love this AAR so far. Time to start trying to get those unconnected areas connected.

Chapter XII, the deeds of August Wilhelm I

1536 A.D.
Köningsberg, Ostpreussen and other important regions around the country has been mainly protestant for years. August Wilhelm I has been weak for the protestant ideas for along time, and decides to convert the religion of Prussia to Protestantism. One cannot get further away from Rome in the civilized world, now it is time Prussia decides her it's future.

eu396.jpg

Immediately after the declaration of protest against the pope, the protestant Austria offers Prussia an alliance. This is of great comfort. Austria, being one of the most powerful nations in Europe, is also the arch enemy of our common neighbour -the huge and highly unstable Bohemia. We constantly have to patrol our border on the south and south west because of stray bands of bohemian rebels, mostly polish nationalists.

eu3103.jpg

In the end of 1544, Austria initiates a war with Bohemia that lasts fro about a year. Bohemian armies are being slaughtered by the austrians in the south and by prussians in the north. This time we didn't fight for gains, but merely to conclude our alliance and test our armies against a bigger foe.

eu3118.jpg

During these years, a whole lot of reforms are enacted. Army, church and commerce are fields that are modernized. Anew beaureu of espionage is also established.

eu3127.jpg

In 1549, the city state of Bremen in integrated into Prussia!

The overall popularity of King August Wilhelm I is great all over Europe, several of the electors even nominate him as Emperor of the Holay Roman Empire for the next election.

eu3133.jpg

1553 A.D.
August Wilhelm I, having reformed Prussia into a modern and strong protestant state, suddenly falls ill at the age of 40. As the state astrologist spot a comet on the night sky, it is expected that he will not survive...

Are you actively trying for the HRE crown? Probably time to convert some electors if that's the case. :)

Are you actively trying for the HRE crown? Probably time to convert some electors if that's the case. :)

Not actively. I would want the title of Emperor to be handed to the Ruler most capable of ruling and protecting the HRE. As of now, Prussia is not even a member. It is nice to know though, that some of the electors would prefer the king of Prussia as Emperor.

Chapter XIII, days of Friedrich Wilhelm I, part1: Fear and loathing in Köningsberg

fashionmiddleages5.jpg

A few days after the death of August Wilhelm, Fredrich Wilhelm is coronated.

eu3134.jpg

Immediately after the coronation, a strange mood descends upon the king´s city

eu3135.jpg

Some voices whisper he may be mad
"who?"
"who who? the king?"

And then there is cooking

cookingmedievalfood.jpg

Words about the king´s madness reach across borders, and some countries declare that there is now longer peace between us.

"This is what being a King is all about" shouts Friedrich Wilhelm when he ears the news. High on my horse, cutting heads! And I´m only 15, haha"

eu3137.jpg

The first fight faught by the King was against Ivan IV " The Terrible" Rurikovich outside Moskva. The russians were beaten as Friedrich Wilhelm was seen riding around the battlefield laughing.

eu3139.jpg

Meanwhile, the armies had beaten the Lithuanians so severely that they accepted to cede Minsk and split their own country in two.

eu3142.jpg

Ukraine and Bohemia sends their warnings to Friedrich Wilhelm, the king answers by eating the papers the warnings are written on

eu3143.jpg

"Let them come! I will eat them like I eat this paper"
"cough cough"

medievalclothb2084.gif

...to be continued...

Friedrich Wilhelm I makes me wonder if they had fire axes in mid-16th century Prussia. :D

I just noticed that you ended up with Tula between chapters X and XI, how did that happen? Zealots?

Friedrich Wilhelm I makes me wonder if they had fire axes in mid-16th century Prussia. :D

I just noticed that you ended up with Tula between chapters X and XI, how did that happen? Zealots?

thats right, i had so many screenshots i must have missed it when i composed the post.... rebel rebel