+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Once upon a time in the Baltic. HttTeutonic OrdAAR 1399

Chapter XI, neighbour in trouble

A Brandenburgian revolution in the west of Bohemia spreads into our province of Anhalt. They are easily thrown out, but Bohemia seems to be having problems controlling them. Our diplomats in Bohemia advices them to negotiate. If only to keep them from roaming across our borders.

Back home in the old Prussian lands, more and more problems concerning the new wing of christianity.

Bohemia seems to drown in problems during the 1530's, a massive Ottoman invasion reaches our border in the south. The Ottomans respect borders more than many europeans it seems.

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ottoman Germany in 3... 2... 1... ?

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

It always makes for such lovely looking borders when the Ottomans decide to take a straight line north.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    It always makes for such lovely looking borders when the Ottomans decide to take a straight line north.
    Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    Ottoman Germany in 3... 2... 1... ?
    Might happen, but I do not think the Ottomans have the strenght to keep anything this far north. Ok, they can take down a weakened oversized Bohemia, but a continous struggle to control Germany will probably be to much for them. I hope.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

The Ottomans can do some strange things. I once saw them eat Russia whole. It was so strange to see the entirety of Russia controlled by the Ottomans.

I love this AAR so far. Time to start trying to get those unconnected areas connected.
    Fan of the Week: 5/2/10

"Those who do not know the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them"
    "It is good that war is so terrible or we would grow to fond of it" Robert E. Lee
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Napoleon Bonaparte
    "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap" Napoleon Bonaparte
    My First AAR:Last Bastion of Freedom : The US alone against the Fascist Worldresumed
    My second AAR Rise of the Mecklenburg Empire

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Cool AAR. *subscribed*
    EU2 1.08 Nov. 19 beta
    Victoria 1.03b
    HoI 1.06c

After Action Reports-aholics Anonymous (AARA) - Founding member

Check out my first and so far only AAR - Balance on the edge of a knife - an English Grand Campaign (EU2)

-------------------------------------------------------
    "Should have" or "should've", but definitely not "should of"

Chapter XII, the deeds of August Wilhelm I

1536 A.D.
    Köningsberg, Ostpreussen and other important regions around the country has been mainly protestant for years. August Wilhelm I has been weak for the protestant ideas for along time, and decides to convert the religion of Prussia to Protestantism. One cannot get further away from Rome in the civilized world, now it is time Prussia decides her it's future.

Immediately after the declaration of protest against the pope, the protestant Austria offers Prussia an alliance. This is of great comfort. Austria, being one of the most powerful nations in Europe, is also the arch enemy of our common neighbour -the huge and highly unstable Bohemia. We constantly have to patrol our border on the south and south west because of stray bands of bohemian rebels, mostly polish nationalists.

In the end of 1544, Austria initiates a war with Bohemia that lasts fro about a year. Bohemian armies are being slaughtered by the austrians in the south and by prussians in the north. This time we didn't fight for gains, but merely to conclude our alliance and test our armies against a bigger foe.

During these years, a whole lot of reforms are enacted. Army, church and commerce are fields that are modernized. Anew beaureu of espionage is also established.

In 1549, the city state of Bremen in integrated into Prussia!

The overall popularity of King August Wilhelm I is great all over Europe, several of the electors even nominate him as Emperor of the Holay Roman Empire for the next election.

1553 A.D.
    August Wilhelm I, having reformed Prussia into a modern and strong protestant state, suddenly falls ill at the age of 40. As the state astrologist spot a comet on the night sky, it is expected that he will not survive...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Are you actively trying for the HRE crown? Probably time to convert some electors if that's the case.
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Are you actively trying for the HRE crown? Probably time to convert some electors if that's the case.
    Not actively. I would want the title of Emperor to be handed to the Ruler most capable of ruling and protecting the HRE. As of now, Prussia is not even a member. It is nice to know though, that some of the electors would prefer the king of Prussia as Emperor.

Chapter XIII, days of Friedrich Wilhelm I, part1: Fear and loathing in Köningsberg

A few days after the death of August Wilhelm, Fredrich Wilhelm is coronated.

Immediately after the coronation, a strange mood descends upon the king´s city

Some voices whisper he may be mad
    "who?"
    "who who? the king?"

And then there is cooking

Words about the king´s madness reach across borders, and some countries declare that there is now longer peace between us.

"This is what being a King is all about" shouts Friedrich Wilhelm when he ears the news. High on my horse, cutting heads! And I´m only 15, haha"

The first fight faught by the King was against Ivan IV " The Terrible" Rurikovich outside Moskva. The russians were beaten as Friedrich Wilhelm was seen riding around the battlefield laughing.

Meanwhile, the armies had beaten the Lithuanians so severely that they accepted to cede Minsk and split their own country in two.

Ukraine and Bohemia sends their warnings to Friedrich Wilhelm, the king answers by eating the papers the warnings are written on

"Let them come! I will eat them like I eat this paper"
    "cough cough"

...to be continued...

Friedrich Wilhelm I makes me wonder if they had fire axes in mid-16th century Prussia.

I just noticed that you ended up with Tula between chapters X and XI, how did that happen? Zealots?

Friedrich Wilhelm I makes me wonder if they had fire axes in mid-16th century Prussia.

I just noticed that you ended up with Tula between chapters X and XI, how did that happen? Zealots?
    thats right, i had so many screenshots i must have missed it when i composed the post.... rebel rebel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3