• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I knew there was some AAR that seemed good that I had noticed but forgotten about! :D Anyway, caught up now and will follow, great stuff.

What are your plans re: Moskva? It seems terribly alone right now. ;)

I knew there was some AAR that seemed good that I had noticed but forgotten about! :D Anyway, caught up now and will follow, great stuff.

What are your plans re: Moskva? It seems terribly alone right now. ;)

Thanks. Regarding Moskva I hope to connect it with the rest in reasonable future, but at least I have constant military access to it. If that bit is threatened I will not hesitate to fight for it, Moskva is a far to great city to let go.

Chapter VIII, Happy days

medievalknightsjoustingn.jpg

A great festival is held in Köningsberg in honour of King Albrecht I
Jousting, drinking and dancing went on for seven days and seven nights

Nine months later August Wilhelm is born, heir to the throne.

eu339.jpg

Another festival is held in honour of Crown Prince August Wilhelm

knightsjoustingwoodcut.jpg

Happy days of drinking, dancing and jousting! Long live the King, long live the Kingdom of Prussia!

Last edited:
wait. the universal law of "happiness is a lie" must apply to EUIII, so that means that...
War?

wait. the universal law of "happiness is a lie" must apply to EUIII, so that means that...
War?

Oh, that rule does not apply to kings. The king will sit on his fat ass drinking wine and eating boar the rest of his days.

But... his days are numbered...

Chapter IX, the death of King Albrecht I

When crown prince August Wilhelm was one and a half years of age, the King suddenly fell ill and died.
Poison was suspected to be the reason.

Joachim Selasinky, a noble from the north who was suggested the next Hochmeister before the coronation of Albrecht, had already assembled an army in Livland. He appointed himself King Joachim I Selasinky of Prussia, planning to take over the court as the prince was only a baby.

eu345.jpg

eu344.jpg

Albrechts brother called the wisest men of the nation and set up a regency council the very same day. An army was sent up north to hunt down the troublemakers.

After three months Selasinky was captured. He was tortured a little bit, and then killed until he was dead.

themedievalracktortured.jpg

Killed until dead? That sounds like an effective way to do it. :laugh:

Killed until dead? That sounds like an effective way to do it. :laugh:

"you die until you are dead" does make sense, so why wouldn't killing?
Tortured a little bit and then killed? FOR SHAME! You could have kept him locked up, then sent him off to a colony!

"you die until you are dead" does make sense, so why wouldn't killing?

I'm not saying it doesn't, it's a bit like burning things with fire. ;)

It was the regency council that decided to kill him, the King would never have done such a thing. Maybe the next one pretending to be king will be burnt, if it is up to the regency council to decide? Burnt with flames that is. Not necessarliy until he is dead though.

It was the regency council that decided to kill him, the King would never have done such a thing. Maybe the next one pretending to be king will be burnt, if it is up to the regency council to decide? Burnt with flames that is. Not necessarliy until he is dead though.

"oh, sorry, you thought we were going to let you die in the fire? Too bad, you're scarred for life", that sort of thing?

I must have missed something. Did the Order trigger an event letting you form Prussia?

Yes, after the Protestant Reformation the Teutonic Order may form Prussia. I think yujust need to have and have cores in Ostpreussen and Warmia or something.

Very nice

Chapter X, a new King comes of age

After some years of peace, war broke out again in the east. Once again the Lithuanian lands are scattered with bodies of several nations armies.

eu362.jpg

Protestantism is spreading throughout Prussia, even reaching Köningsberg. Some voices say even the Prince may be influenced.

eu364.jpg

It turns out the weak Lithuania is the stronger part in the war. Having so far being unable to control it's own borders, the Regency Council of Prussia looks upon this with great concern. The armies mobilize their forces to secure the borders.

eu366.jpg

Lithuania is not the only nation in the region suffering from endless rebels. Finland has broken loose from Sweden, and even the mighty northern state of Tver has severe problems.

eu370.jpg

Some of the former chaotic provinces are integrated into the calm and peaceful Prussia as a gift to the coming King.

eu375.jpg

March 30. 1529, August Wilhelm I von Holstein-Gottorp is coronated King of Prussia and Anhalt. Long live the King

eu379.jpg

Hamburg, Moskva and now Anhalt? :eek: That's a lot of disconnected land, here's hoping they don't cause you too much trouble.

Solid gains in Lithuania.

Hamburg, Moskva and now Anhalt? :eek: That's a lot of disconnected land, here's hoping they don't cause you too much trouble.

Solid gains in Lithuania.

didn't RL prussia have two disconnected pieces of land?

didn't RL prussia have two disconnected pieces of land?

Yes, even the Teutonic Order was two disconnected parts. And most of the time Prussia existed, it consisted of two or more disconnected parts. Here is a map of real Teutonic and Prussian territories during the same period of time

prussiamap.jpg