+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 51 76 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) 399 a.d.

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    Ok, many thanks for feedback, Micro. Sorry to hear about the crash.did you get any explanation?

But your 0.9.3.1 version has never crashed?
    I just ran version 0.9.4 again and it crashed in 531 with the last game log line being:
    [messagehandler.h:261]: 11 April, 513 Saxony rejected peace with Huns.

I have tried to open the save games from the two versions with Scenario Editor. It works great with version 0.9.3.1 but it can not open version 0.9.4. It reports this error:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1883
    at editor.ProvinceData.parseDefs(ProvinceData.java:81 )
    at editor.ProvinceData.<init>(ProvinceData.java:42)
    at editor.Main.<clinit>(Main.java:26)

I think you have a problem with the map. It seems you have changed the number of provinces in definition.csv. There are fewer entries in version 0.9.4 than in version 0.9.3.1.

I will try to have a run with the windows version later tonight where I can use the error log function, to log the errors EU gives. As pointed out earlier, all those errors should be fixed to have a stable mod.
    Last edited by Micro; 27-03-2012 at 23:47.

Captain

Zipped Error.log from version 0.9.4 is attached to this message.
    error_v094.log.zip

Captain

After replacing default.map and definition.csv with those from version 0.9.3.1 Scenario Editor opens the mod just fine. However it still crashes...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I have increased the number of provinces through reinstating all old provinces of the British Isles and Ireland (except for Orkney, north east of Scotland).

I did this in GIMP through "emptying" a square on the map and pasting the part of the old map (identical size, identical positions). Or at least I thought I did it correctly, maybe I f-d that up...

I agree with you that it is probably the map that is to blame (in addition to me).....
    Last edited by AKronblad; 28-03-2012 at 09:26.
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

hey could we have special event that forum the Frankish empire/charlemagne empire?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel M Bridge View Post
    hey could we have special event that forum the Frankish empire/charlemagne empire?
    Yes, Charlemagne (or whatever his original name? Do you know?) should definitely arrive as a powerful king, etc. However, at the moment, I am keeping myself busy with finding the error that causes this mysterious CTD...
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Captain

Yes, Charlemagne (or whatever his original name? Do you know?) should definitely arrive as a powerful king, etc. However, at the moment, I am keeping myself busy with finding the error that causes this mysterious CTD...
    I am running EU3 MapChecker on the map. This will give more detailed informations of errors in the map which is well knowned to destabilize the game. Stay tuned... it will take some time since the map is much larger than previous EU3 extensions.

Charle would be good until he become emperor. father and grandfather of great important to the frankish kingdom. Charles grandfather was Charles Martel Mayor of Palace, that postion change over time as from being prime minister like postion to defacto ruler as the Merovingians got weaker. Charles Martel was as te hammer for battle of Tours beaking back Moors. He was defacto ruler during the interregum self proclaim princes and duke of franks. His son throught alot intergue and back stadding, then made deal pope fought the Lombard he would have the crown. So he overthrought was Merovingians crown by popes and so was his two son charlemagne and carloman, and after the fight the lombard he did donation pipin give chruch it own land.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    I am running EU3 MapChecker on the map. This will give more detailed informations of errors in the map which is well knowned to destabilize the game. Stay tuned... it will take some time since the map is much larger than previous EU3 extensions.
    Thanks, Micro, highly appreciated!

I have started to reassemble the mod from the map, and already at the earliest possible stage (i.e., map folder, history folders for countries and provinces, common folders for governments, religions, cultures, countries) I get a CTD.

Captain

Thanks, Micro, highly appreciated!

I have started to reassemble the mod from the map, and already at the earliest possible stage (i.e., map folder, history folders for countries and provinces, common folders for governments, religions, cultures, countries) I get a CTD.
    What is the difference between 0.9.3.1 and 0.9.4? I have never experienced version 0.9.3.1 to crash. Did you add anything beside new provinces and countries?

Try to change the map only on a copy of version 0.9.3.1. Then add other stuff at a time to see what makes the mod crash.
    Last edited by Micro; 29-03-2012 at 00:02.

Blog Entries
    Good idea. I will also post here zipped components with which you could update 0931: provinces.bmp, regions.txt, and history files of new provinces. Then you can check too (the reason being I don't really trust my computer, even my 0931 has crashed, so will also make a clean EU3 install...)

Captain

Good idea. I will also post here zipped components with which you could update 0931: provinces.bmp, regions.txt, and history files of new provinces. Then you can check too (the reason being I don't really trust my computer, even my 0931 has crashed, so will also make a clean EU3 install...)
    A clean install of EU3 DW can sometimes help. Sometimes one accidently change important files.

I am home from work all next week, so I think I will have plenty of time to help you out.

Captain

I have attached the MapChecker report to this post. There are a alot of provinces with split pixels and with no pixels at all. That might be ok, but check those anyway.

Then there are buildings that are misplaced in some provinces. Mostly they are placed in adjacent provinces. You should correct those, since they might make the mod unstable and lead to more crashes.

Notice, I have used the definition.csv from 0931 and changed max_provinces in default.map to 2048 since Scenario Editor would not run with native 094 map files.

Also, in positions.txt I changed two numbers of value 1e-6 to 0 and in definition.csv I deleted a ":" character. MapChecker would not run without those changes.

report_v094.txt.zip
    Last edited by Micro; 29-03-2012 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    I have attached the MapChecker report to this post. There are a alot of provinces with split pixels and with no pixels at all. That might be ok, but check those anyway.

Then there are buildings that are misplaced in some provinces. Mostly they are placed in adjacent provinces. You should correct those, since they might make the mod unstable and lead to more crashes.

Notice, I have used the definition.csv from 0931 and changed max_provinces in default.map to 2048 since Scenario Editor would not run with native 094 map files.

Also, in positions.txt I changed two numbers of value 1e-6 to 0 and in definition.csv I deleted a ":" character. MapChecker would not run without those changes.

Attachment 51214
    As a Anglo/jute/saxon how invade briton?

Captain

I think there is a decision to do this that is available after a certain year.

Blog Entries
    As micro said. This will be available at a random time, after a certain year.

Any possibility that this mod will be able to go past 899?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top hats daily View Post
    Any possibility that this mod will be able to go past 899?
    Might be. Any particular events, countries, people, etc., you would like covered?

Might be. Any particular events, countries, people, etc., you would like covered?
    For the current 399-899 time frame, I would like to see more abilities for balklanization, like Wessex that would be able to splinter at some undefined point. I would also like to see some schisms occur with Christianity. The East-West Schism of 1054 had its roots in the 800's, which although not formal was the point where the church's broke. If you could stretch it to 1066, or even better, all the way to 1399, I would like to see Crusades and crusader states. I would like to see the situation of Britain covered because that history fascisnates me. Great mod!

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Top hats daily View Post
    For the current 399-899 time frame, I would like to see more abilities for balklanization, like Wessex that would be able to splinter at some undefined point. I would also like to see some schisms occur with Christianity. The East-West Schism of 1054 had its roots in the 800's, which although not formal was the point where the church's broke. If you could stretch it to 1066, or even better, all the way to 1399, I would like to see Crusades and crusader states. I would like to see the situation of Britain covered because that history fascisnates me. Great mod!
    Since this mod has its focus on the decline of the Western Roman Empire and on the European kingdoms that rised up in the ashes, I think it is important to limit the time span. It should not be streched beyond the Early Middle Ages whch historians defines as 476-1000 AD.
    Last edited by Micro; 01-04-2012 at 10:57.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 51 76 ... LastLast