+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 38 63 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) 399 a.d.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Repeat that 'test' a few dozen times before you start drawing conclusions.
    I think that's what i'm gonna do as I like watching the AI play : )

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchling View Post
    Repeat that 'test' a few dozen times before you start drawing conclusions.
    I think that's what i'm gonna do as I like watching the AI play : )
    I have been doing that quite a few times now. Once I ran to 730AD, waking up having fallen asleep in 520AD. ) World was only constantinopolis, persia, gupta, and eastern jin. my favourite observer country is Gaels, no one bothers to deal with them.... )

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    To me, WRE seems slightly overpowered based on what I read above. Would you agree?
    I can't say for sure before I have played WRE. I think it would be better to have the rebel and barbarian countries not attack each other so much, and then have them attack WRE and ERE more instead.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    I can't say for sure before I have played WRE. I think it would be better to have the rebel and barbarian countries not attack each other so much, and then have them attack WRE and ERE more instead.
    how would that be accomplished?

bug: Allamans own Rome for quite a while now and complete the mission 'Plunder Rome' every few days.

Blog Entries
    bug: Allamans own Rome for quite a while now and complete the mission 'Plunder Rome' every few days.
    thanks for reporting!

and good that ALM got as far as Rome! Which year?
    Last edited by AKronblad; 05-01-2012 at 17:47.

Here are some pictures to see it yourself.

Allamanns.jpgLater.jpg

I think they got Rome somewhere between 450-500 AD.

edit: Another bug: The Angles and Frisians don't start with a core in their (only) province.
    Last edited by Dutchling; 05-01-2012 at 18:11.

Blog Entries

edit: Another bug: The Angles and Frisians don't start with a core in their (only) province.
    Again, many thanks for maps, bug report and testing! this is in brutal need of some aggressive slavic tribes and Islam....;o)

How did you find my idea about decay of ageing countries? (same thread)

I can't find your idea so could you repost it or link me to the correct page/post?

Blog Entries
    I can't find your idea so could you repost it or link me to the correct page/post?
    sorry, typo: was separate thread...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ecay-over-time

Okay. Perhaps emphasizing the bonuses/drawbacks from good/bad leader works well for that as I think that was a huge factor in how strong a nation was (Alexander the Great, Tamerlane, etc)

Something I noticed as Roma was the 'retreat from Brittanica' decision. I kept a core on two provinces and I also kept the core on one of the Pictic provinces. I suggest changing the decision so it gives all provinces in the Brittanica region to the new country (forgot the name) and removes all your cores from the region, so you wouldn't be left with some Pictic provinces in case you first conquered them and later decided to retreat from the Island. So instead of giving away all provinces you start with in Britain, give away all provinces in the region, this can be done with a condition in the decision.

The two easternmost Berber provinces have ERE cores. I'm assume this is a bug.

Because of all the cores I have in ERE my prestige quickly dropped to zero. Is this intended? As it is quite annoying.
    Another thing you might add (if possible) is the name of province in the Feuderati(?) request barbarians give me. I'd like to know which province I give away. I also noticed that I keep the cores in those provinces. As you 'give them away', it might be more suitable to no longer have those cores.

edit: Here is a pic of another 100 years of watching the AI.
    Picts.jpg
    Tomorrow I'll see if this Pictic empire will survive another 100 years. They are spreading the Pictic faith though Europe
    Last edited by Dutchling; 05-01-2012 at 22:37.

Captain

Because of all the cores I have in ERE my prestige quickly dropped to zero. Is this intended? As it is quite annoying.
    Another thing you might add (if possible) is the name of province in the Feuderati(?) request barbarians give me. I'd like to know which province I give away. I also noticed that I keep the cores in those provinces. As you 'give them away', it might be more suitable to no longer have those cores.
    I had the same experince with the cores. Too many cores in ERE and in usurper and rebel countries.

Btw, I tried to run the mod with the debug option and found a lot of errors, that I think should be corrected. Most of the errors are related to all the native DW nations that you did not include history files for, they are still present in the common folder. Also, there are a lot of map errors. These should be corrected to make sure we have a stable mod.

To play with Debug options you can create a shortcut of the game file and set the Target to something like this:
    "F:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\EU3 DW\eu3game.exe" -debug -mod 399AD
    Or you can use the command from the terminal.

My error.log file is around 850 kb so there are tons of errors, see the attachment below.
    Last edited by Micro; 05-01-2012 at 23:41.

Blog Entries
    From Dutchling: " Another thing you might add (if possible) is the name of province in the Feuderati(?) request barbarians give me. I'd like to know which province I give away. I also noticed that I keep the cores in those provinces. As you 'give them away', it might be more suitable to no longer have those cores."

First item I have really tried now to change it to make it work, but no success so far. will keep on to-do list. second item is remedied, as are other bugs and cores (you would now lose cores in all of Britannia, Gaul, etc if releasing your provinces there. plus ERE has much fewer cores in WRE, and WRE has basically none in ERE. But none of this is yet released.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I'm not sure I support the "troops" events for the barbarians. The Barbarian provinces need to be improved a bit with manpower and tax. Perhaps better goods and changes in goods prices. Amber as a goods with really high value would be nice for most of the north germanic tribes.

How about a enourmous land tradition modifier for barbarian nations?

A little weakening of Persia.

ERE shouldn't have cores in England, France and Spain. They should have on Italy and Africa. WRE should have on Dalmatia. If I remember correct, these were the contested areas mostly. I still suggest dividing WRE into dozens of countries. Why not use the HRE for the Western Roman Empire? Make it a three-tier system. Italy /WRE holds Italy. Africa, Hispania, Gallia and Britannia are electors, vassals of WRE, and holds only a few core provinces in their areas. The rest is the divided into smaller 1 and 2 PMs that are vassals divided between the electors. Then remove all the negative locked effects for WRE. Make the effects of being a part of the Empire severe instead (not that severe). In this system you could also picture the barbarians becoming vassals much better. If the Visigoths have land near the Empire, they can get an event where they are invited into the Empire, which cedes some nearby provinces, makes them vassals of WRE and gives them cores on anything in that region.
    Germany: 7
    Brazil: 1

¿What the f...?

Magna Mundi cancelled! Can't stop laughing!

Constantinopolis.jpg
    Here is what happened to the mighty Pictic empire in my previous post. Now only the Franks are left Pictic and Constantinopolis has almost united the empire.
    Last edited by Dutchling; 06-01-2012 at 14:01.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip de Norre View Post
    I'm not sure I support the "troops" events for the barbarians. The Barbarian provinces need to be improved a bit with manpower and tax. Perhaps better goods and changes in goods prices. Amber as a goods with really high value would be nice for most of the north germanic tribes.

How about a enourmous land tradition modifier for barbarian nations?

A little weakening of Persia.

ERE shouldn't have cores in England, France and Spain. They should have on Italy and Africa. WRE should have on Dalmatia. If I remember correct, these were the contested areas mostly. I still suggest dividing WRE into dozens of countries. Why not use the HRE for the Western Roman Empire? Make it a three-tier system. Italy /WRE holds Italy. Africa, Hispania, Gallia and Britannia are electors, vassals of WRE, and holds only a few core provinces in their areas. The rest is the divided into smaller 1 and 2 PMs that are vassals divided between the electors. Then remove all the negative locked effects for WRE. Make the effects of being a part of the Empire severe instead (not that severe). In this system you could also picture the barbarians becoming vassals much better. If the Visigoths have land near the Empire, they can get an event where they are invited into the Empire, which cedes some nearby provinces, makes them vassals of WRE and gives them cores on anything in that region.
    Hi there.

1. Cores: will be much in line with what you suggested.
    2. Vassals: I will introduce the decisions to release Gallia, Hispania, Africa, etc. as vassals. Then WRE will get vassals but not any troops and will lose all cores to the released provinces. So it's up to the player to decide whether to do that or not.
    3. Vassals2: Could also consider doing a Foederati offer, having same effect as #2 above, i.e., getting e.g. Visigoths as vassals in Illyricum but losing cores there (and no units).
    3. Trade goods and prices: Could you please help with opening the price.txt, modify it to your preferences and send back to me as suggestion? Thanks.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    If you install goths as a vassal "foederati" they should give you troops.
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    I had the same experince with the cores. Too many cores in ERE and in usurper and rebel countries.

Btw, I tried to run the mod with the debug option and found a lot of errors, that I think should be corrected. Most of the errors are related to all the native DW nations that you did not include history files for, they are still present in the common folder. Also, there are a lot of map errors. These should be corrected to make sure we have a stable mod.

To play with Debug options you can create a shortcut of the game file and set the Target to something like this:
    "F:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\EU3 DW\eu3game.exe" -debug -mod 399AD
    Or you can use the command from the terminal.

My error.log file is around 850 kb so there are tons of errors, see the attachment below.
    what happens if you change to replace = "common" in mod file? instead of extend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    If you install goths as a vassal "foederati" they should give you troops.
    No, they will contribute as vassals with their own troops.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    what happens if you change to replace = "common" in mod file? instead of extend.
    When you use the replace command the mod will only use the files in the folder of the mod.

When using the extend command, the mod will use the files in the Vanilla folder and also the files in the folder of the mod. But if you have files with same name it will use the files in the mod.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 38 63 ... LastLast