NEW VERSION, 1.8 FOR EU3 DW 5.1 released on April 27th 2013 (00:15 CET).
1. Prepared for inclusion of Japan (Wa) through reinserting Shintoism as religion
2. Four new East Germanic countries (Goths, Sciri, Rugians, Herules) and two new Sarmatian countries (Sarmatians and Akatziri), each with its own culture. These countries exist already in 399AD but are comparatively small.
3. Relocated Ostrogoths further east and Alans up north to reflect that the Goths in 399AD were an independent "tribe" in the West (in Pannonia) led by Radagaisus, whereas Ostrogoths actually were subject to Huns in the East.
4. Activated the Papacy Curia but in the form of "The Ecumenical Council of the Holy Church", in which every Christian country and province (i.e., not only Catholic ones) can submit Delegates once the Council of Chalcedon occurs (before that it is deactivated). Still highly undeveloped, purpose is currently to see whether the Papacy works in a modified form with too many bugs or flaws. Later, this mod will entail a higher focus on religion, especially Christianity, and I'm looking at including (modified parts of) the Dei Gratia mod.
5. For the human Rhomania (BZN) player, Rhomanian usurpers have been added, potentially disturbing expansion. (Historically plausible since Byzantine internal unrest was frequent from time to time...) The Tyrannoi can only be eliminated or they will rise and rise and rise. So either conquer all their territory and annex them (through decision) or vassalise them and then annex them (again through decision).
Am also in the process of:
1. adding jnt.mullen's Royal Authority concept,
2. Factions for WRE, ERE, BZN, and PRS (if I can just know that it is possible with 4 factions, and not only 3),
3. plus new bookmarks (possible thanks to tremendeous work by Micro!).
So let me know what you think of 1.8 and what the Ecumenical Council should be able to do. One thing is convene under certain circumstances (initiated by a powerful Council Controller) and decide on a "True" Christian Faith and possible denouncement of another...
Click here to download version 1.8 of 399AD mod for EU3 DW 5.1.
1. Download 399ADv18.7z (zipped file) from the link above
2. Extract the unzipped file (399AD.mod) and folder (399AD) into the mod folder in your EU3 game directory
3. Choose "v1.8 for EUIII DW 5.1" from list of mods to play in start window of EU3
4. When playing, choose "Lucky Nations" = "None".
I have also kept the 1.7.1 download link below, since not sure that 1.8 works totally as intended.
OLD VERSION, 1.7.1 for EU3 DW 5.1 released on April 13th 2013 (23:30 CET).
Main changes in v1.7.1:
1. Two new Christian faiths: Pelagianism and Sabellianism, both of which spreading primarily in the Roman West (after Chalcedon Council).
2. Introduction of the Dao's ('Circuits'), the Chinese Regional Administrative units, originally set up by the Tang dynasty and with Commandants in power. It works the same as for the other regional officials for other countries, with Ability and (hidden) Loyalty traits and with pleasant and unpleasant Events as well as Decisions.
3. Added the Religious Decision 'About The Religions...', aiming at presenting (currently) the major religions (and later on, all religions).
4. Made some requested changes, like ar-Rashidun not spreading after the Four Righteous Caliphs, an automated setup for repairing Roman Infrastructure, removed the diocese system for the AI
Click here to download version 1.7.1 of 399AD mod for EU3 DW 5.1.
Main changes in v1.7:
1. Chinese nations can now reintroduce The Three Excellencies, top government officials from the ancient (Western) Han dynasty: Chancellor, Imperial Secretary, and Grand Commandant. It works the same as for the other central officials for other countries, with Ability and (hidden) Loyalty traits and with pleasant and unpleasant Events as well as Decisions.
2. Introduction of 'Mandate of Heaven' for Chinese countries (works very much along the lines of ciek's thoughts, thanks!), that can be announced under certain favourable circumstances and lost under unfavourable ones.
3. Five new tribal countries, each with their own culture: Tiele, Gaoche, Xianbei, Xiongnu, and Wuhuan.
4. New cultural group, Settled Mongolian, with countries such as Wei, the two Yan's, etc.
5. New missions in the East: to create tension between tribes and kingdoms.
6. Added modifiers, such as Tian Kegan, Great Lords of Vast Steppes, Lords of Western Steppes, etc.
7. Decisions for Chinese countries to spread (or stop spreading) Chinese culture, and for non-Chinese countries to support or combat Sinicisation among its provinces.
8. Provinces can now change ownership during Chinese Civil Wars.
9. Added CB for tribals vs. tribals, if owning part of the Vast Steppes.
10. Overlords can now request troops from their vassals.
11. Tribal Federations get benefit in provinces with tribal cultures.
12. Tribal Hegemonies can call up troops in provinces with tribal cultures, but at a risk of non-compliance and negative modifiers and even revolts. This in order to reflect the historical pattern of swift rises and falls of tribal empires.
13. Settled Mongolian countries can also call up troops in tribal culture provinces, at the same risks.
14. Religious councils can be summoned during a decade in a selected province. Various potential benefits, and if placed in a border provinces can serve to convert adjacent provinces (own as well as foreign).
MANY THANKS TO:
jnt.mullen for idea on governments and civil wars (and Germanic wars-of-conquest).
ciek for very constructive feedback with suggestions on Hunnic religion and realm conversions, the latest on Mandate of Heaven.
StarWarsFan541 for ideas and for scripting Event and Missions.
SummerCat for ideas and for scripting.
Taylor for idea on the government forms to prevent uncontrolled expansion.
17blue17 for a lot of help in error eliminations, same credit goes to Micro.
redgreen99 for advice and encouraging messages.
XVG for many excellent scripts (e.g., Foederati and many others) and creation of countries.
Micro for feedback and extensive game testing: features, balance, errors, etc.: a lot of hard work! LATEST: creating province history for new bookmarks!
Ritterkreuz for his Roman Empire advisors.
DrQuin for providing a lot of the flags and religion icons, and to minefield for providing flags.
Chlodio, Filip de Norre, keynes2.0, and Yellowbiz for providing many monarch names.
Wiz for the Intelligent Wars and Pretty Borders mods!
And to all you other guys out there (too many to mention individually) taking your time in helping out on understanding EU3 and modding!
And many many who have suggested ideas on making this time period work in a EU3 context!
Please note: does not work in DW 5.2 beta patch.