+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) 399 a.d.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

(MOD) 399 a.d. - now for DW 5.2!

NEW VERSION, 2.2 FOR EU3 DW5.2 released on August 8th 2013 (01:00 CET).

52FACTIONS.gifFACTION_DESCRIPTIONS.gif

Main changes to 2.2:
    1. Made it possible to change to a monarchy government (Absolute and Administrative Monarchies) with more control by spending Secular Authority, alternatively earning Secular Authority through relaxing monarchy control (to Feudal Monarchy and Elective Monarchy), the earning can be viewed as the nobles give the ruler more support and acceptance once he has loosen his grip.
    2. Added two new monarchies, formable by Alan cultures: Alania and Aseti (AKA Ossetia).
    3. Adjusted some mission bugs so that they don't show up or actually abort under certain circumstances. Hopefully it works this time.

Click here to download 399ADv2.2.

Instructions:
    1. Download 399ADv22.7z (zipped file) from the link above
    2. Extract the unzipped file (399AD.mod) and folder (399AD) into the mod folder in your EU3 DW5.2 game directory
    3. Choose "v2.2 for EUIII DW 5.2" from list of mods to play in start window of EU3
    4. When playing, choose "Lucky Nations" = "None".

MANY THANKS TO:
    SirkTheMonkey, gigau,jnt.mullen, ciek, StarWarsFan541, SummerCat, Taylor, 17blue17, redgreen99, XVG, Micro, Ritterkreuz, DrQuin, Chlodio, Filip de Norre, keynes2.0, Yellowbiz, Wiz.
    And to jdrou of course, the invaluable source of vast and deep modding knowledge.
    Last edited by AKronblad; 08-08-2013 at 01:07. Reason: v2.2 for DW5.2.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Cool! What will be the campaign date-range for the mod? 399AD to ...
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

May want to look at some of these older mods for inspiration:
    ANEWROME: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=427311
    476 Scenario: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=390089
    Aetas Tenebrarum Mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Tenebrarum-Mod
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Don't forget to massively reduce the quality of the provinces in western europe. Most of the remaining strength in the Roman Empire was in the East.
    I should go.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm skeptical of that map you're using as reference. Khwarzem didn't exist before Islam, let alone 400ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    I'm skeptical of that map you're using as reference. Khwarzem didn't exist before Islam, let alone 400ad.
    The Afrighids ruled the kingdom of Khwarezm until around 1000AD.

A 399AD mod is an interesting idea. The Western Roman Empire will need plenty of events / modifiers that cause it to collapse relatively quickly, though, to prevent it from engulfing all of Europe. The Eastern Roman Empire also probably needs some nerfs.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    Many thanks for feedback all! More is appreciated to make this work: from experienced modders as well as historians as well as everyone just having a personal opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    Cool! What will be the campaign date-range for the mod? 399AD to ...
    I was thinking end of 8th century. Would like to capture Islam, but not Viking raids. For Islam, that's why I've been asking about the MttH algorithm, so that Islam (IF it rises, shouldn't be 100%) rises within a reasonable time span but not necessarily exactly in 620-630AD. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    May want to look at some of these older mods for inspiration:
    ANEWROME: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=427311
    476 Scenario: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=390089
    Aetas Tenebrarum Mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Tenebrarum-Mod
    Yes, had a look at them. Lofman made a good mod for EU:R too. If I had known these mods before, I'd wouldn't have started my own... But none is for DW, right? And anyway, now I enjoy modding too much to quit (although I've just started and have an overwhelming job in front of me...) Key challenge, everyone told me, will be to simulate peoples migrating westwards, and I am hoping to do this through events (like "planting" an Jutae/Angles/Saxon invasion force in a province in Britain, with some randomness as to time) and in particular missions (like "Control Italia"). Makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Chamboozer View Post
    Don't forget to massively reduce the quality of the provinces in western europe. Most of the remaining strength in the Roman Empire was in the East.
    Quote Originally Posted by Positronic View Post
    The Western Roman Empire will need plenty of events / modifiers that cause it to collapse relatively quickly, though, to prevent it from engulfing all of Europe. The Eastern Roman Empire also probably needs some nerfs.
    Yes, that will be a challenge. But reducing quality of WRE provinces will go a long way, and I also have to make sure that "barbarians" don't start fighting each other immediately....

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    I'm skeptical of that map you're using as reference. Khwarzem didn't exist before Islam, let alone 400ad..
    Quote Originally Posted by Positronic View Post
    The Afrighids ruled the kingdom of Khwarezm until around 1000AD.
    There are many maps out there, and I must admit I don't have initiated (or even any) knowledge about areas outside of Europe (and even Europe is difficult to map correctly with the tribes, etc.). So all inputs are appreciated . Please just specify references or sources, so I can have a look myself... Here is another map, basically the same but with some differences:KARTA ASIEN 400AD.jpg

I'm also using Barrington's Atlas and Haywood's New Atlas of World History, and other historical world atlases and historical literature. But they will not always be consistent, sometimes even contradictory, so will have to make an assumption. That's part of the beauty, I guess, as there are no real facts so can have some freedom myself..

Blog Entries
    These are the first seven steps of my plan, in this order:

1. Change terrain of world map to reflect that less advanced agriculture in Germany and the Baltic region. CONCLUDED.
    2. Merge (some land) and rename provinces (land and sea). CONCLUDED.
    3. Identify countries to be in place at 399AD.
    4. Place them geographically on the map.
    5. Identify existing religions, and allocate to countries and provinces.
    6. Identify appropriate trading goods and allocate to provinces.
    7. For each country, decide on its profile (government, rulers, policy sliders, etc.) FLAGS!

Your input on any and all of these is appreciated.
    Last edited by AKronblad; 30-10-2011 at 08:35.

Blog Entries
    3 and 4. Countries in place 399ad, geographically placed on the map

ABA = Abasgia
    ALM = Alamanns
    ALA = Alans
    ALB = Albania
    ADH = Andhra
    ANG = Angles
    ANU = Anuradhapura
    ABS = Arabs
    ARK = Arakan
    ARM = Armenia
    AXU = Axum
    BAE = Baekje
    BEB = Berbers
    BLM = Blemmyes
    BRG = Burgundians
    CMP = Champa
    DEV = Devarastra
    EJI = Eastern Jin
    ERE = Eastern Roman Empire
    FRK = Franks
    FRS = Frisians
    FUN = Funan
    GAN = Ganga
    GHA = Ghassanids
    GOG = Goguryeo
    GPD = Gepids
    GUP = Gupta
    HEP = Hepthalites
    HIM = Himyar
    HNS = Huns
    IBE = Iberia
    JUT = Jutes
    KAD = Kadambas
    KLB = Kalabhras
    KLG = Kalinga
    KHM = Khmer
    KID = Kidarites
    KMR = Kamarupa
    LAK = Lakhmids
    LLI = Later Liang
    LQI = Later Qin
    LAZ = Lazica
    LYA = Later Yan
    MLY = Malay
    MNN = Mon
    MRC = Marcomans
    NEP = Nepal
    NOB = Nobatia
    NLI = Northern Liang
    NWE = Northern Wei
    OMA = Oman
    OST = Ostrogoths
    PLL = Pallava
    PRS = Persia
    PIC = Picts
    PYU = Pyu
    ROU = Rouran Khaganate
    SRM = Sarmatians
    SXO = Saxons
    SCT = Scots
    SLL = Silla
    SLI = Southern Liang
    SVS = Sueves
    SYA = Southern Yan
    TUY = Tuyuhun
    VAK = Vakataka
    VAN = Vandals
    WRE = Western Roman Empire
    VIS = Visigoths
    XIY = Xiyu
    YUE = Yueban
    Last edited by AKronblad; 25-11-2011 at 17:19. Reason: Added countries

Blog Entries
    5. Religions

Orthodox Christianity
    Arian Christianity
    (Coptic Christianity
    Gnostic Christianity)

Judaism

Confucianism
    Daoism
    Zoroastrianism
    Hinduism

Buddhism

Roman
    German
    Celtic
    Arabic
    Western Steppe
    Eastern Steppe
    Slavic
    Pictic
    Saharan
    (Islam)
    Last edited by AKronblad; 15-11-2011 at 22:24. Reason: additions

Blog Entries
    6. Trade goods

amber
    furs
    slaves
    horses
    animals
    ivory
    spices
    silk
    incense
    base metals
    precious metals
    timber
    grain
    wool
    fish
    rice
    Last edited by AKronblad; 15-11-2011 at 21:37. Reason: additions

Blog Entries
    7. Countries' profiles

Flags created!
    Last edited by AKronblad; 15-11-2011 at 21:38.

Blog Entries
    Reserved

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    I was thinking end of 8th century. Would like to capture Islam, but not Viking raids. For Islam, that's why I've been asking about the MttH algorithm, so that Islam (IF it rises, shouldn't be 100%) rises within a reasonable time span but not necessarily exactly in 620-630AD. What do you think?
    Sounds like a reasonably manageable goal to me. Also a very interesting period in history. You can rather easily use mtth, and a NOT clause prohibiting creation of Islam before a certain date. Might take some experimentation to arrive at the optimum date range, but shouldn't be too difficult.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Blog Entries
    thanks scocou. hopefully I can also "incentivise" german tribes (through events and missions) to go at least roughly for their historical destinations.... or at least rome....

how would the ai view a "control rome" with big gold and prestige rewards for success?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    how would the ai view a "control rome" with big gold and prestige rewards for success?
    The AI doesn't evaluate mission rewards AFAIK; it just attempts to complete whatever mission gets assigned to it (mission will auto-cancel after some time if they don't complete it).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    The AI doesn't evaluate mission rewards AFAIK; it just attempts to complete whatever mission gets assigned to it (mission will auto-cancel after some time if they don't complete it).
    ok so I could just (if they're computer) keep feeding them a specific mission for a couple of decades or until they succeed?

First and foremost the AI is opportunistic; even with a mission and a CB it will only attack if it "thinks" it can win and even with no mission and no CB it will sometimes attack what it perceives to be a weak neighbor. The mission/CB just add a bit more weight to the equation. Just look at the vanilla game where major countries have "historical" missions which are heavily weighted to come up before any random ones. Even with those missions the AI doesn't always expand in historical directions.

Playing EU4

How about forcing the AI to declare war on a historical enemy, as another "incentive" to expand, can you even do that ?
    I know that in CK1 there are events that makes you declare war on the subject nation, but not sure about EU :/
    i si demÓ no tornarÓ, al lloc on et vaig deixar.. vull que recordes que un dia joves com nosaltres vam marxar a lluitar, armats d'amor i coratge i un clavell roig amagat, combatrem fins l'˙ltim dia sota bandera de la llibertat!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz View Post
    How about forcing the AI to declare war on a historical enemy, as another "incentive" to expand, can you even do that ?
    I know that in CK1 there are events that makes you declare war on the subject nation, but not sure about EU :/
    good idea. will definitely have WRE in war with a number of barbarians at game start.

trick is to trigger angles jutae saxons to go for britain after a few years of inactivity?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 ... LastLast