+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 45 70 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) 399 a.d.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Hi there Micro! I am back, many thanks for input!

1. Thanks, will do.
    2. Thanks, will do for war_army decisions but isn't quite sure what you mean by "...You should delete the THIS scope in Allow scope in 399AD_Germanic_decisions.txt to have the hover text shown properly..."?
    3. Will consider. Is it that they are too large, both at "large" and "huge"?
    4. Yes it is still used and deliberately large (at -0.50), as they will have no size disadvantage and I don't want to risk them being too powerful. After all, they're there just to add the civil war element and cause disruption for WRE, not to defeat the Germanics.
    5. Good idea, will do.
    6. Some invasions started already in early 5th century (e.g., Alaric's Visigoths, Radagaisus, Uldin's Huns, the Sueves-Alans-Vandals crossing the Rhine in 406, Burgundians a few years later.) Interested in your suggested numbers of units though: have you checked through multiple games that they are balanced?
    7. I don't want it to necessarily be exactly the same year in the game as in history: it could be earlier or later, and this range should be sufficiently small to be somewhat historical, and sufficiently large so it is not fully predictable.
    8. Agree, will change.
    9. Good ideas, thanks. Will script.
    Validator: will do that once I have a 1.0 version. Don't want to risk deleting crucial parts, plus that the Validator is good but delivers overwhelmingly many error messages, even for vanilla...
    10. Don't know, have to check. Maybe because I have merged some provinces and am using the inland ones. Which in particular are you missing?
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

2. It was in the 399AD_Start_And_War_Army_decisions.txt file. I have attached my modifed decision file and you can see it for yourself. The THIS scope it not needed and the hover text will show up correctly without it.

399AD_Start_And_War_Army_decisions.txt

3. Yes they are both too large. I have deleted them entirely in my games and that makes the game more playable and enjoyable. You will get badboy even without these modifiers anyway... but it is realistic that you can bring it down again.

6. Ok fair enough, but I will still suggest that the barbarians are allowed war army decision after 450.

After played and watched a lot of games it is much more balanced with army decision after 450 and the large barbarians get 10 units using the decision. We could rise it to 12 or 13.

But I think you shold play and watch some games before you decide for yourself...

Valdidator:
    Yes I know it finds a lot of errors even in Vanilla files, but I think it is a great tool that can find all the small errors that can make a mod unstable. The more code we add the more chances that the mod will get unstable if the code has errors. Especially matched brackets is crucial to have the events and decicsions run correctly.

10. Its mostly in Roman provinces in France and Spain.
    These provinces have missing harbors:
    Manipur
    Alpes
    Baetica
    Vettonia
    Callaecia
    Asturia
    Cantabria
    Novem Populi
    Arbatilicum
    Lugdenensis Tertia
    Belgica Secunda
    Tubantes
    Last edited by Micro; 13-02-2012 at 02:02.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Blog Entries
    2. Thanks, will change to your modified file.
    3. OK, will delete them.
    6. You're thinking ANOTHER war_army decision for some tribes after 450AD, or no war_army decision until after 450AD? (yes, I will if not play but at least watch some more games to check the balancing... Most of my games watching is to ensure that the events, decisions, etc., work technically. )
    10. Will have a look at that. So currently no ships can be built in these provinces?

I am looking at releasing a new version later this week, introducing the above plus among other things a more unique recruitment for WRE (purchasing Hunnic and Germanic units for it s Comitanenses field armies through decisions, and light units (limitanei, archers, cavalry) through normal recruitment) and an enhanced Foederati decision (at WRE's initiative) pursuant to which WRE offers a small region in return for getting the Germanic country as a vassal. Both of these excellent ideas are originally Filip de Norre's but now I have finally come to implementing it.

Also, an event with a transformation (at player's choice) of WRE into Odoacer's Germanic kingdom when only a few (3-4) provinces are owned. (XVG's idea, thanks!). Anyone having any ideas on the name of such kingdom?!?

In addition, some more negative multi-choice modifiers for WRE to fully replace the initial and very generic severedecline effect.

To be continued....
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    Also, an event with a transformation (at player's choice) of WRE into Odoacer's Germanic kingdom when only a few (3-4) provinces are owned. (XVG's idea, thanks!). Anyone having any ideas on the name of such kingdom?!?
    Maybe just Italy because Odoacer was crowned as "rex Italiae".
    Formerly GM of Caliphate on the Edge
    Formerly GM of The Twilight of Antiquity
    Faisal, King of Arab Syria, rightful sovereign of Antakya and al-Iskandarun in WiR 1920 Mk. II

Captain

2. Thanks, will change to your modified file.
    3. OK, will delete them.
    6. You're thinking ANOTHER war_army decision for some tribes after 450AD, or no war_army decision until after 450AD? (yes, I will if not play but at least watch some more games to check the balancing... Most of my games watching is to ensure that the events, decisions, etc., work technically. )
    10. Will have a look at that. So currently no ships can be built in these provinces?
    6. No war_army decision until after 450. My point is that the barbarians should be stronger after 450.

10. No ships can be produced, no ships can go into the port and units can not be transported by ship to these provinces.
    Last edited by Micro; 13-02-2012 at 14:19.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by XVG View Post
    Italy with Odoacer as king. Would it make Italy a Kingdom and is this government type supported in the mod?

Blog Entries
    Welcome back, XVG! Yes, then I already have the tag and the setup. Super! Only potential problem is if none of WRE's remaining provinces are situated in Italy...

And if either Stilicho or Ricimer are alive at such time, then he will obviously become king! That's some kind of alternative history....!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    Italy with Odoacer as king. Would it make Italy a Kingdom and is this government type supported in the mod?
    Hi Micro! Yes, it will be like any other (developed) germanic kingdom, whether feudal, absolute, or despotic.

6. No war_army decision until after 450. My point is that the barbarians should be stronger after 450.
    Hmm, if I were to change that then I'd probably separate it so some Germanic countries get war_army already upon start date, and some later, depending on history. Which specific Germanic countries do you see as becoming stronger after 450AD (and not before)?

10. No ships can be produced, no ships can go into the port and units can not be transported by ship to these provinces.
    Thanks for letting me know, I will really look into that and create ports. Because this is clearly wrong and probably due to me merging provinces. Let me know if you find any other provinces with this problem.
    Last edited by AKronblad; 13-02-2012 at 17:42.

Blog Entries
    2. It was in the 399AD_Start_And_War_Army_decisions.txt file. I have attached my modifed decision file and you can see it for yourself. The THIS scope it not needed and the hover text will show up correctly without it.

Attachment 47211
    Hello again Micro. I have compared the attached file above to the one used, and cannot see which differences to the THIS scope you have made, could you please specify? (All I found was changes to year = 450 and to units.)

Captain

Hello again Micro. I have compared the attached file above to the one used, and cannot see which differences to the THIS scope you have made, could you please specify? (All I found was changes to year = 450 and to units.)
    I wrote the code changes in my initial post.

In small_barbarian_war_army_decision
    Code:
    allow = {
    	or = {
    		THIS =  {  war_with = WRE }
    		THIS =  {  war_with = ERE }
    		}
    }
    was changed to
    Code:
    allow = {
    	or = {
    		war_with = WRE
    		war_with = ERE
    		}
    }
    The same for the other war decisions.

Do you not see the difference? The THIS scope is not used in the second code.

Blog Entries
    I wrote the code changes in my initial post.

The same for the other war decisions.

Do you not see the difference? The THIS scope is not used in the second code.
    OK, those I've changed. But thought there were more. Thanks.

Captain

OK, those I've changed. But thought there were more. Thanks.
    Yes, in all the war decisions as I mentioned.

Captain

Validator: will do that once I have a 1.0 version. Don't want to risk deleting crucial parts, plus that the Validator is good but delivers overwhelmingly many error messages, even for vanilla...
    I could help you with that.

Blog Entries
    I could help you with that.
    Yes many thanks, it would be great if I could get a list (filtered from nonsense error messages) with the most important changes to make, according to Validator. Could you do that please?

Also: I am releasing a new version tomorrow hopefully that includes your start-and-war-army file (although without the 450AD floor) so we can check the balance again. It will also include new WRE-negative multi-choice events, plus WRE having Comitanenses decision-based recruitment (only light troops through normal recruitment) plus WRE offering foederati vassal status in return for land, and other stuff.... Let's see how WRE fares this time on average: should hopefully still be difficult but not immedately overwhelming anymore. A good strategy is still to ally with ERE at start, I think.

Blog Entries
    version 0.9.2 is now released and available for download in first post of this thread. Comments are appreciated as always.

Captain

Hmm, if I were to change that then I'd probably separate it so some Germanic countries get war_army already upon start date, and some later, depending on history. Which specific Germanic countries do you see as becoming stronger after 450AD (and not before)?
    I see all Germanic nations becoming stronger after 450AD but it could also just be the result of Rome getting weaker. Maybe the war army decision is not needed at all, since Rome will get weaker as time goes. Maybe we should only have the start army decision and make it a little stronger, say add a few units to the decision for all Barbarian nations. They would have a nice army for their first war which usually is against Rome. The AI Barbarians would use the war army decision when going to war with Rome the first time anyway. So in my point of view the war army decision is not necessary.
    Last edited by Micro; 16-02-2012 at 13:57.

Captain

version 0.9.2 is now released and available for download in first post of this thread. Comments are appreciated as always.
    Nice!
    I will playtest this version in the upcoming weekend.

Did you have time to fix the bug with the missing ports?

Blog Entries
    Nice!
    I will playtest this version in the upcoming weekend.

Did you have time to fix the bug with the missing ports?
    Yes, I think so. At least I added ports to the provinces you specified, along the coasts. So hopefully will work, even if not cosmetically 100% perfect.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2
    500k club

I just tested the newest version and I must say that those new events for WRE are really nice.

But I still think that cultural assimilation is too slow. And in one case too fast. (End of Roma event ) Maybe changing it to a modifier system also? (Change of assimilation bigger if you own provinces in Italy and WRE doesn't exist and so on. Also Picts seem to be too powerful. In every game of mine they have conquered all of the British Isles in just a few years!

EDIT: Can I include this mod in my signature so we could get some more publicity?
    Faisal, King of Arab Syria, rightful sovereign of Antakya and al-Iskandarun in WiR 1920 Mk. II

Blog Entries
    I just tested the newest version and I must say that those new events for WRE are really nice.
    Many thanks, glad to hear! Hope you liked the WRE recruitment and foederati too (although I will change the regions so that ALM don't landlock FRK, and BRG SVS for example...)

But I still think that cultural assimilation is too slow. And in one case too fast. (End of Roma event ) Maybe changing it to a modifier system also? (Change of assimilation bigger if you own provinces in Italy and WRE doesn't exist and so on. Also Picts seem to be too powerful. In every game of mine they have conquered all of the British Isles in just a few years!
    I could agree to the too slow aspect so will speed it up. However, the End of Roma event serves the purpose of immediately eliminating all Italo-Roman cultures so that WRE doesn't ever ever show up again as a part of a rebellion. Otherwise, I very much agree with you that it is too quick.

Yes, agree on Picts. And Prydein shares that problem. Very often just one country owns all of Britain, and ideally I'd like to see Britain much more fragmented with many smaller countries, the way it was after Roman retreat. Maybe introduce a few new Briton countries? (3-4 in total, then which names?) And make Picts weaker or introduce some other limiting factor. Anyone's thoughts?

EDIT: Can I include this mod in my signature so we could get some more publicity?
    Sure, go ahead! DO IT!

500k club

Yes, agree on Picts. And Prydein shares that problem. Very often just one country owns all of Britain, and ideally I'd like to see Britain much more fragmented with many smaller countries, the way it was after Roman retreat. Maybe introduce a few new Briton countries? (3-4 in total, then which names?) And make Picts weaker or introduce some other limiting factor. Anyone's thoughts?
    You could use this mod's idea:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Tenebrarum-Mod

I would personally go with Dumnonia, Glamorgan/Gwynedd, Reghed and Lundein (London)
    But it will be hard with the reduced amount of provinces. Maybe putting some ones back to important areas (France, Iberia, Britain, Germany) This could also reduce blobbing.
    Last edited by XVG; 16-02-2012 at 21:03.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 45 70 ... LastLast