• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
so they just posted this on Twitter!

SolForce Kerberos Productions
by SwordoftheStars
Upload almost complete, short test, then live. Big thanks for being patient. You'll understand our caution we hope.
3 minutes ago

edit: damn! emo'ed!

Amazing the pirated working version is out and people are playing it and we are sat hear STILL waiting GREAT :(.

So either they have the same buggy version as we do (since it IS actually playable for most people) or the version from Gamersgate is the correct one and Steam just messes it up. In either case: Of course it's already been pirated. Steam's DRM has been cracked a long time ago. It's still wrong to not pay the devs for their work.

So either they have the same buggy version as we do (since it IS actually playable for most people) or the version from Gamersgate is the correct one and Steam just messes it up. In either case: Of course it's already been pirated. Steam's DRM has been cracked a long time ago. It's still wrong to not pay the devs for their work.

I dont know,my mate has just emailed me to say he has it and it works without any of the problems we have says he's had it about 2 hours,yeh it does piss me off when i try to do the right thing and something like this makes me think why should i care when these companies dont care about us,anyway ive got to get to bed im mad and the wife is mad at me and ive no game,not a good 9 hours of my life this evening :(.

There is no DRM on this product as far as I can tell. Steam is only used for updates.
There's the common misconception, Steam IS DRM. It's just that its one of the friendliest ones as while it makes sure your game is legit it also offers many other services and (to some people) is less intrusive and harmful than some other DRMs such as Tages and Securom

Note: If Steam wasn't being used as DRM then the GamersGate download would be able to be run without steam

Last edited:
@madpaddy: Fair enough. :) I think it's pretty normal that stuff gets pirated. I don't know where this version comes from, or if your friend hasn't bumped into the beta issues yet, but I guess it doesn't matter. It would happen anyway. Past 4am here. I guess I'll stick around another hour and see if I can start the download - and well, if not, then tomorrow.

There's the common misconception, Steam IS DRM. It's just that its one of the friendliest ones as while it makes sure your game is legit it also offers many other services and (to some people) is less intrusive and harmful than some other DRMs such as Tages and Securom

Note: If Steam wasn't being used as DRM then the GamersGate download would be able to be run without steam

Try this: Sign out of steam (and disco your NIC if you're paranoid), find sots2.exe and launch it. Does it attempt to launch steam to authenticate you against your account? If no, then it's not Steamworks.