• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This has been covered and that is why you dont need to bother downloading the GG files it doesnt matter if the GG files are the right version or not they dont work so you still need to wait on the steam version to be fixed which makes this whole argument pointless.
Or the impulse version gets fixed that would be preferable as I installed it on my SSD while steam installed it on ye old HDD.

Or the impulse version gets fixed that would be preferable as I installed it on my SSD while steam installed it on ye old HDD.

Its not the impulse or the GG its more likely the steam version,i think when thats fixed the GG or impulse version could well start working,but whats the point if you have to have the fixed steam version you may aswell just download the steam version anyway yes ??.Of course if you have already downloaded the GG /impulse files and have the files then who knows it may work but you are still gonna have to wait on the steam version either way.

sigh If you look at the files downloaded from impulse(what I bought it through) it clearly did not extract the files. The installer first had to activate on steam but instead of the installer continuing on from there it closed and steam starts doing its thing. I don't give a frak about the steam version as I want it on my SSD.

Yes. That's what I was saying to you: "it did not let you install the gamersgate version. If you ran the gg installer, it would download the steam version"

I understand what ya saying mate but its all been explained before the paradox dev even said you dont need the GG files they dont work,so yes if you have them they may start working when they upload the steam fix but its all going round and round because either way we need the steam version to be fixed yes.

sigh If you look at the files downloaded from impulse(what I bought it through) it clearly did not extract the files. The installer first had to activate on steam but instead of the installer continuing on from there it closed and steam starts doing its thing. I don't give a frak about the steam version as I want it on my SSD.

As i said theres a good chance that them fixing the steam version may fix the GG/impulse version too,if not then yeh your problem is a little different to what weve been on about,although i cant see a SSD drive making much difference to a 4x4 game but thats upto you mate.ATM i just want the game working i dont care what drive its on.

Same I wont it working far more but having it on my Vertex 3 SSD means virtually no load times. Although I kind of miss the old days of making a coffee while the game loads.

Yeh i get ya but i would think this type of game wont make any difference on a ssd mate,now a game like maybe skyrim that would be a good game to go on a ssd,but this is a turn based game i have a 250g ocz agility 3 as you say its makes them load faster but 4x4 games i have this on a normal sata and it loads in seconds on that,but anyway i hope we all get fixed weve waited long enough

I bored waiting so just posting to.....

Ya you are right games like skyrim would be a lot better. hmm... but it is only a 5GB so might as well. I was surprised how small this game is.

Also nice job on the 240 GB agility 3. Really looked long and hard between that and the Vertex 3 120GB.

Well, I'm assuming they have released the final build now as Steam has started up the download again at 3.8 GB to install. I'll get it in the morning I suppose. Play it then. :D

Cheers!

What is the version number supposed to be?

It changed, but it still looks like a beta, things are missing, the loader now gives a 404 message...

I don't know if the game itself is stable, but this doesn't look like a finished product.

I tried playing the new patched build today.

The time to change screens has doubled (design to map, map to build etc).
The encyclopedia seems incomplete. I know entries will be discovered as we play but basic gameplay information is missing.
The budget screen is highly inaccurate. I routinely find myself going into debt when it told me I would be netting 200k.
I cannot get past turn 8 because a battle with a cpu and a von neuman causes the program to hang (not responding).

Edit: It appears the budget does not have a section for ship construction. In addition, the net result of the turn doesn't update when constructing ships.

Last edited: