• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Hi,

There's been some requests for official information so here it is:

Kerberos have officially confirmed that a new build is being uploaded to Steam right now and Steam will automatically take care of the update.

Once it's up we'll confirm and also post the change-log.

So in summary: updated build and change log incoming.

Edit: We'd also like to apologies for the inconvenience and are very thankful for your support and patience. A lot of people are working hard right now to fix things so hopefully we'll have some more news soon.

Edit II: The latest update from the devs is that the build is still uploading but that they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and are in close communication with Steam.

Edit III: This just in from Kerberos: "Upload almost complete, short test, then live. Big thanks for being patient. You'll understand our caution we hope."

Kind regards
Susana

Last edited:
So the release version (compressed) is supposed to be around 2 GB, and the uncompressed beta build is 5 GB?

Someone please post when the update or new version is available. I'd much rather download 2 GB than 5. :)

I don't dare guess about the ETA, it depends on bandwidth speed in the upload etc. All I can say is that it's for sure uploading at the moment. And yes, I'm going to sticky this but I seem to have had some admin privileges revoked ;-) so as soon as that's been taken care of I'll sticky.

Thanks susana :D I was a little bit annoyed in the beginning about the situation, but after having look around on forums, I rather feel sympathy for you guys over there at Kerberos, all hell must be breaking loose over there. Keep up the good work. Shit happens...

Thanks for the update. If you get a chance can we please have an ETA?

Also, considering that this is a much earlier build I really really look forward to the completed one :)

So if I'm in the middle of downloading right now should I let it finish or stop and delete? Is it like asked above that the release client is only ~2GB and not the 5GB file I'm getting right now?

Good to know things are being addressed quickly!

Thanks for the info.

The download was always 1.5 GB. The patch expands to 5GB. I think that's how much actual space SOTS ][ consumes on your HDD.

Steam just measures patches in terms of expanded space patched, not bytes downloaded (look carefully at the status and you'll see that 756MB downloaded ~= 2.5GB of SOTS ][ patched).

So the final download patch that is being uploaded now should be about 1.5GB of download, and will expand to patch all 5GB of game data. :D

So if I'm in the middle of downloading right now should I let it finish or stop and delete? Is it like asked above that the release client is only ~2GB and not the 5GB file I'm getting right now?

Good to know things are being addressed quickly!

Let it finish, steam should patch over top once the new build is available.

I find it incredible that this problem of the wrong version keeps happening,it pathetic i dont care who's fault it is,its not on and not so much as a how do you do,i think the least they can do is give everyone that has the game now the preorder extra stuff free and an apology.I mostly like steam the one thing i do hate about them is there lack of customer service when they mess up.