+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Info I

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Official Info I

Hi,

There's been some requests for official information so here it is:

Kerberos have officially confirmed that a new build is being uploaded to Steam right now and Steam will automatically take care of the update.

Once it's up we'll confirm and also post the change-log.

So in summary: updated build and change log incoming.

Edit: We'd also like to apologies for the inconvenience and are very thankful for your support and patience. A lot of people are working hard right now to fix things so hopefully we'll have some more news soon.

Edit II: The latest update from the devs is that the build is still uploading but that they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and are in close communication with Steam.

Edit III: This just in from Kerberos: "Upload almost complete, short test, then live. Big thanks for being patient. You'll understand our caution we hope."

Kind regards
    Susana
    Last edited by Susana; 29-10-2011 at 04:19.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

Any info on ETA? Not sure if i should go to bed or wait...

Any ETA?

Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom, 108299645860446, Sheffield
    cheers susana was going to ask same thing about an ETA
    Live for nothing or Die for something

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Pirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Enslaved We Trust; Everyone, Everywhere, As One.
    Thanks for the update.

Those who are perplexed salute you.

Thanx a lot for the update Susana

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Thanks Susana, really appreciate how on the ball you've been with the communications today.

So the release version (compressed) is supposed to be around 2 GB, and the uncompressed beta build is 5 GB?

Someone please post when the update or new version is available. I'd much rather download 2 GB than 5.

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

I don't dare guess about the ETA, it depends on bandwidth speed in the upload etc. All I can say is that it's for sure uploading at the moment. And yes, I'm going to sticky this but I seem to have had some admin privileges revoked ;-) so as soon as that's been taken care of I'll sticky.

Thanks susana I was a little bit annoyed in the beginning about the situation, but after having look around on forums, I rather feel sympathy for you guys over there at Kerberos, all hell must be breaking loose over there. Keep up the good work. Shit happens...

Thanks for the update. If you get a chance can we please have an ETA?

Also, considering that this is a much earlier build I really really look forward to the completed one
    To Test a Man's Character Give Him Power.

Thanks, really appreciate the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Susana View Post
    ...but I seem to have had some admin privileges revoked ;-)
    That sounds...ominous

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Many thanks for the update.

we knew it played mp with 3 people and knew it some is wrong xD

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane

So if I'm in the middle of downloading right now should I let it finish or stop and delete? Is it like asked above that the release client is only ~2GB and not the 5GB file I'm getting right now?

Good to know things are being addressed quickly!

Deus VultHearts of Iron IIISword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIMount & Blade: Warband

Thanks for the info.

The download was always 1.5 GB. The patch expands to 5GB. I think that's how much actual space SOTS ][ consumes on your HDD.

Steam just measures patches in terms of expanded space patched, not bytes downloaded (look carefully at the status and you'll see that 756MB downloaded ~= 2.5GB of SOTS ][ patched).

So the final download patch that is being uploaded now should be about 1.5GB of download, and will expand to patch all 5GB of game data.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Thanks for update Susana.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger33 View Post
    So if I'm in the middle of downloading right now should I let it finish or stop and delete? Is it like asked above that the release client is only ~2GB and not the 5GB file I'm getting right now?

Good to know things are being addressed quickly!
    Let it finish, steam should patch over top once the new build is available.

I find it incredible that this problem of the wrong version keeps happening,it pathetic i dont care who's fault it is,its not on and not so much as a how do you do,i think the least they can do is give everyone that has the game now the preorder extra stuff free and an apology.I mostly like steam the one thing i do hate about them is there lack of customer service when they mess up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast