+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - Dev Diary 17 - The Message System

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by iron0037 View Post
    Thanks for the new diary! I have one minor suggestion on the naming window. It's great that you have a suggested name and the ability to write in your own. But what if I don't care for Astrid, but I want another Swedish sounding name for my princess? Being that I'm not too familiar with Swedish names, this might be challenging without additional choices. If I'm Polish or Bulgarian or Georgian, I have even less of a clue of what an apt name would be.
    You could always take a moment and look around your family-characters and name her after someone there.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    snip of awesomeness
    When is CK2 coming out?

On another matter, it seems to me that these dev diaries keep getting shorter and shorter. It used to be that we'd get quite a lot of text, and even if most of it was filler it made the whole thing seem more familiar somehow. Anyone agree with me?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Next week: Crusader Pandas.
    You best not be kidding.

Cool dev. diary guys. Awesome to see the log back!
    Last edited by Kluska; 27-10-2011 at 19:37. Reason: Spelling

Nice the system is complete. I would've missed the message log.

Looking forward to crusaders (and possibly pandas).

Can i assume crusading pandas=mongols?

Too bad this DD didn't have anything new (atleast that wasn't revealed in the latest videon which is very good btw). I really really hope next DD is about Crusades or Mongols.

It has been confirmed that CK2 will have playable Pandas.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteSengoku

Pandaria FTW! I might finally pick up WoW.

This all looks good, looking forward to CK2.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Awesome News!!
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Oh thank God, I was already afraid you guys were going to do it the WoW way and leave the Pandas to be handled by one of the expansions! This way we get to play as the much-wanted Pandas from the very 1.0 version.

I'm a bit confused. Will there only be some messages that we can get as pop ups, or can I make all of them pop-ups?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have to say I'm glad and reassured that the two type of messages will be in. That way, I could use the "sengoku message box" to watch closely those I think are important and still have the impression that other things are going on. In fact, the problem with this message box is that you never know what is truly important. So you cannot see all the events related to something, and you may have to go back some days later. I remember when I do an AAR (I just have few, but still), I sometimes take a screenshot of the big message box only to remember that some event happened some days before.

Also, I support a randomize option for children's names.
    Mes AARs:
    CK: (mort à cause d'imageshack)
    EU3 NA IN: In nomine imperia(interrompu pour un temps indéfini)
    Commerce, guerre et colonies, l'Archiduché d'Autriche (1483-1540)
    CK2 : --à venir éventuellement--

« [...] Nous ne sommes pas les derniers colonisés de la terre, mais les premiers affranchis du vieux monde des États-nation. »
    « [...] We are not the last colonized of the Earth, but the first emancipated from the old world of nation-states.»
    -Pierre Elliott Trudeau, 20 mai 1980

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Pandas
    Et tu, Brute?
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Samurye View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Will there only be some messages that we can get as pop ups, or can I make all of them pop-ups?
    You can change all the messages to popups if you so want.

Imperial Vicar of the HRE Ruwaard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by A_Dane View Post
    so, there's only gonna be one proposed name? Would of liked a few more, but the mere fact that I can name them whatever I want, makes it up

(though, what will the AI do? I've always felt weird seeing capetian King Roger I of France :s)
    The message system looks great!

Regarding the naming option, I would also have loved the option to have the complete cultural name list to choose from.

Furthermore a Capetian king Roger could happen; if he's a younger son (not a likely name for the first born though), his mother was a De Hauteville and he somehow became heir.

Yay message log! YAY MESSAGE LOG!

YAY MESSAGE LOG!!!

But yeah, yay message log.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”
    (Vyacheslav Molotov, quoted in Molotov Remembers, p. 12.)

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Is it possible to follow characters / mark them as interesting like in Sengoku or V2-AHD?
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Yes.
    Relentless madman.

200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Yes.
    Can you select follow all multiplayers with one click?
    Paradox Linux User Group

Age, catamite- fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast