+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: "Vespere Jovis" — Thursdays, 19:00 CET

I think it's more funny that shogul just grabs a map of the Spanish/Austrian netherlands included HRE territories because that was the height of it all, as the map of 1700 shows a completely diffrent story.

http://www.spanishsuccession.nl/maps...vernements.jpg

Also by logic of that map, and shogul claiming anything within the HRE being as part of the "german empire" does that also mean you are claiming the whole of belgium, burgundy, northern Italy, all land owned by the Palatinate and the Netherlands, and extensive lands well owned by Poland at this stage?

Austria versus the rest of Europe

Master of Cabalic Ceremonies Mach1av3ll1's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Morocco will support Austria in its claims, with cookies and encouraging words!
    King of the Netherlands & Most Magnificent GM of Ex Castris Virtute, Tuesdays 1815 GMT (First DW Game past 1800)
    House of Normandie & Most Magnanimous GM of CK2 for Cabal Winners, Sundays 1400 CET (First CK2 game that counts!)
    King of Italy & Most Militaristic GM of Cabal is for Winners, Sundays 1930 CET (Yes, that photo is of me.)

"Do you have any young lustful daughters I can marry?" - Manchester

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

A province of Lorraine is named Lothringen, for me it's enough to claim it as German

I would be more than willing to hand it over to you on the historic date, Sid.

1766 I believe it was?
    'Whoever conquers a free city and does not demolish it commits a great error and may expect to be ruined himself.'

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    A province of Lorraine is named Lothringen, for me it's enough to claim it as German
    Lothringen is the German name for Lorraine; Lorraine being the French name for Lorraine of course. It is also called Louréne in Lorrain and Lottringe in Lorraine Franconian. (God I love wikipedia)

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordV2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Smolensk sounds pretty Polish, don't you think?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by ShoGuL View Post
    I would be more than willing to hand it over to you on the historic date, Sid.

1766 I believe it was?
    This made me smile

Quote Originally Posted by Syber_sid View Post
    Not really.

Need more conscription centers Gots's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IICK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Syber_sid View Post

It does indeed sound Polish

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordV2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

Not really.
    Well... so long as French people remain under foreign oppression... I have good reason to believe that other people will continue to do so too.

Might I remind you of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine?

I'm just reuniting the family lands.

From wikipedia:
    During the Renaissance, prosperity returned to Lothringia under Habsburg administration, [until the Thirty Years' War??] 1766 until 1871 Lorraine remained a part of France, and was the cause of much revanchism. The population was mixed, but still largely German-speaking.
    Last edited by ShoGuL; 18-11-2011 at 16:06.
    'Whoever conquers a free city and does not demolish it commits a great error and may expect to be ruined himself.'

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

The Knights would like to propose a simple solution, Lorraine becomes Knightly(TM) and the evil empire that offers the most Ds during each war gets MA through Lorraine.
    Fair solution and there is really no need to spill christian blood over these small issues.
    Former Games : Revenge of The Habsburgs, Primus Inter Pares II+III, Ex Castris Virtute II, Testing Grounds, Nemesis, Sound of Drums, In Absentia, Fruit I+II, End of Days, Imperium Malleus, Novus Aevum, Vespere Jovis, Pecunia Infinita, Cabal is for Winners, Vacca Polska & Victis Honor.

Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    Knightly(TM)
    I lol'd
    King of the Netherlands & Most Magnificent GM of Ex Castris Virtute, Tuesdays 1815 GMT (First DW Game past 1800)
    House of Normandie & Most Magnanimous GM of CK2 for Cabal Winners, Sundays 1400 CET (First CK2 game that counts!)
    King of Italy & Most Militaristic GM of Cabal is for Winners, Sundays 1930 CET (Yes, that photo is of me.)

Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

So tonight will be the battle for Smolensk and Lorraine?

Hey friends, may need a sub for the last hour or two of the sesh. we'll see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    So tonight will be the battle for Smolensk and Lorraine?
    Probably.

Seeing as it's thanksgiving tonight I just realized I probably won't be able to make it. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1av3ll1 View Post
    Seeing as it's thanksgiving tonight I just realized I probably won't be able to make it. At all.
    You are weak.
    And American.
    And therefore...even more weak!

Also, okay - enjoy

PS: I'll let saharez know that now is a good time to annex morocco.
    Last edited by Scion; 24-11-2011 at 15:28.

Not you mach!
    Also, there will be the-war-about-brandenburg-that-isn't-really-a-war-even-a-little-bit-,-no-really-D:
    Looking at the map is a very usefull skill toi have.
    Brunei in "Imperium Malleus"
    Palantine in "Vespere Jovis"

D I P B [COLOR="rgb(0, 255, 255)"] R [/COLOR] [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"] O [/COLOR]
    M [COLOR="rgb(221, 160, 221)"] A [/COLOR] C [COLOR="rgb(0, 255, 255)"] Y [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by A_Redditor View Post
    Not you mach!
    Also, there will be the-war-about-brandenburg-that-isn't-really-a-war-even-a-little-bit-,-no-really-D:
    thats not a war... i'll inherit it soon enough, and then we neednt to debate that sillyness anymore. it was my PU first anyway!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast