• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I like Talena better as a country-hopping adventurer.
I agree... wonder what cosmic shenanigans led her back to France permanently? I suppose she probably locked up Lucille the next time they met in revenge for the assassination plot? hmmm...

Ehm... a higher sort of ulra-tech then the ability to travel through time?
Seems to me more like a side effect of time travel. I wonder if it only lasts until you become contemporaneous with your original timeline?

I believe I intended that Talena's tinkering with her time machine caused Tamara/Angel to be inadvertently pulled across the planar bounds. It's not explained since she doesn't know about it.

I'm working on the theory that crossing time or planar boundaries grants these powers.

Final ledger update coming tonight and then except for some final OOC notes...it's over. Wow...it's been a busy few months. Total AAR came to just under 80,000 words.

So we don't get details on the "darker side" of that French empire, aside it being french of course.
I also like the adventurer Talena better and weren't she and Lucille like lovers before she left China and was send back in time once more? Why would she imprison her?

By the way I doubt a single person could change technical history that much, most of us don't know enough to do that, even if we could construct something like a modern gun (or a time machine), we wouldn't have the ressources and machines to manufacture them. Bur for the sake of the story I can overlook that. ;)

I think that if you had 300 years with the entire world's resources at your disposal you could manage it.

I see that there's a lot of things that need to be explained...and if I ever continue Eternal Exile I would try and explain it. However, that's unlikely to happen any time soon.

See, I hadn't originally intended the two stories to be linked, at least not in this way, but it just seemed so tempting!

I think now is also a good time to discuss something which I think is important. Namely that this story is...well...not very pretty. After the first few chapters I gave up putting pictures in the narrative, and relied only on the game pictures. For this and other reasons I did this mainly because I wanted to actually finish this story. After all, out of all the AARs (and especially mine) there are relatively few narrative ones that are finished. So, in exactly 100 updates I set out to create a narrative which would actually do the job without being impossible to finish. After all, this ended up at 80,000 words, but it could have been much more.

So I would like to thank everyone who read and commented on this. I know it's not very pretty, but I sacrificed that to finish it, and hopefully it's a good result.

By the way I doubt a single person could change technical history that much, most of us don't know enough to do that, even if we could construct something like a modern gun (or a time machine), we wouldn't have the ressources and machines to manufacture them. Bur for the sake of the story I can overlook that. ;)
I am not convinced that if we reran any part of human history, even WITHOUT anyone consciously trying to interfere, it would turn out the same way, or even remotely similar (and we know for sure that this is the case in the story's multiverse, based on the game's tendency not to follow historical sequences even with no human intervention)
Further, I imagine that a person in a position such as Angelique/Tamara/Mendenhall, with the ear of the monarch of one of the most powerful states in the region and eventually the world, would have a much better chance to alter history than an ortinary person.

Ashanti - I don't think pictures were necessary at all, glad to see you finish!

Wow, I finally got caught up and I must say it was a thrilling climax! The posts just kept getting better and better. :D Will miss this for sure, and excited to see the final update and what you'll do next!

I am not convinced that if we reran any part of human history, even WITHOUT anyone consciously trying to interfere, it would turn out the same way, or even remotely similar (and we know for sure that this is the case in the story's multiverse, based on the game's tendency not to follow historical sequences even with no human intervention)
Further, I imagine that a person in a position such as Angelique/Tamara/Mendenhall, with the ear of the monarch of one of the most powerful states in the region and eventually the world, would have a much better chance to alter history than an ortinary person.

I think he was referring to Talena, specifically on how Talena was able to conquer her way to Empire (with advanced weapons and such), rather then Lady Mendenhall.

Indeed Tanzhang you are right, I was referring to Talena and her conquering of everything with weapons she gave the french.

@Ashantai
I can live without pictures, honestly most of the good ones have been used already anyway, unfortunately I could have lived without Talena being mentioned here either, but that's something different. ;) Still overall loved the story, great work and I especially apreciate that you stuck with it to the end, few AARs seem to reach a real end sadly, even less narrative ones.

Heh, yeah. I wanted to tie them together in some way.

Anyways, now I'm almost done, just this one and another two, I have a special offer. If there's any scene in the history I missed that you want a narrative scene of I am taking suggestions! Let me know your thoughts!

Chapter 47a – End Notes

With only an epilogue left it’s time to look at some of the stats. Most of them are of no great surprise I’m sure.
By building lots of buildings and having no magistrates needed for level 1 and 2 buildings it helped a lot.

510Ledger1.jpg

511Ledger2.jpg

512Ledger3.jpg

513Ledger4.jpg

514Ledger5.jpg

515Ledger6.jpg

516Ledger7.jpg

517Ledger8.jpg

518Ledger9.jpg

519Ledger10.jpg

520Ledger11.jpg

As can be seen below, the Reformation has been very successful. Orthodox however has not been, and like Reformed and Shiite are very much minorities.

5211820EurasiaReligions.jpg

5221820SouthAmerica.jpg

I thought you were going to tidy up the borders a bit? South America in particular is terribly messy. :)

I tidied up my borders as the game went along. There's no way I could do it with the AI besides save game editing, and that seemed a little silly.

Oman, if you notice the COTs, had some monopolies on a few COTs, and they had a pretty large empire relatively.

I was able to build a weapons, refinery and textile factory in every province which had those items. Waste of money really, but it was good for RPing an industrial revolution!

I trully thought that the intriguing narrative, well written history book style and the well kept balance between them was the best thing in your aar.

That was untill I saw that Japan formed on it's own :wub:

I turned off Daiymos, so Japan had the Japan minors as vassals, and then eventually inherited or diploannexed them, so I can claim no credit there, I fear.

Continue into Vicky 2? No, I don't think so. It would be pretty damn boring I think as if I played as Britain I already own 1/3 of the world. If I played as someone else it'd be a truly herculean struggled which I'm not really interested in pursuing.

And as you'll see in the final post...also unnecessary as well.

I do hope to see a Vicky II AAR from you one day Ashantai, even if it bears no relation to this one (at least at first...)

As someone who has never even reached the 18th century (I used to play a lot of WWM back in the day, for some reason my WWM games would always crash before 1650) I commend you for sticking it out to the end, and writing an AAR about it! That's an achievement in itself as far as I'm concerned.

Also, Go Oman!

Your tale was magnificent…literature doesn’t need pictures…you captured the reader’s imagination by what you told them.