• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Parody/comedy AAR's are always good fun! Start writing already!

(Srsly, this forumpart is empty now that both this AAR and Novum Romanum Imperium are finished)

Well, I'm sure you could make it interesting, but it needs to at least be partly serious, in my opinion. I've always found slapstick to be dreadfully dull.

(Oh, look at Chris and me, posing with our swanky new CK II avatars!)

Oh, it'd still be partly serious. I don't do slapstick, but it would be slightly more absurd than the plot is already. :p

Thanks for the encouragement. I have an idea of what to do!

Most Excellent Work, Ashantai! Not only a great AAR but a great piece of literature! Pure stroke of genius how you ended up tieing your work together, etc...!

Maybe some day I'll get around to finishing my MEIOU Plantagenet AAR, but I've put it on hold to now to focus on CKII, during the little free time I have, which, truth be told, I was thinking about [CKII] all that while I was working on "Viva l'Anglois"; so I set a more realistic goal for myself alongside taking tips I learned from you, etc, and will hopefully manage to finish this 1st person narrative style AAR for CKII in a completely different style than my first, which will hopefully get it done this time,

Thanks for the tips!

Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store next,

Okay, so, I am writing a couple of updates for the new Byzantine AAR, just to see how they go, before I go too much further on.

What do you think of the title:
"Stop Calling Us Byzantines! A Narrative Parody AAR"

Ideas?

It's certainly going to be shorter than this AAR, with definitely some more humour I hope.

Okay, so, I am writing a couple of updates for the new Byzantine AAR, just to see how they go, before I go too much further on.

What do you think of the title:
"Stop Calling Us Byzantines! A Narrative Parody AAR"

Ideas?

It's certainly going to be shorter than this AAR, with definitely some more humour I hope.

Sounds good - I'll try to stick around until the end this time. :)

Seriously, World of Tanks has a lot to answer for in terms of my diminished activity on the forums.

Haha! I've been very absent too...but once I get back to posting I'll try and catch up on the hundreds of posts in people's AARs I've missed. o_o

Just a quick note that if anyone has the silly desire to vote for this AAR in the awards this story should be under the Narrative section. Thank you to anyone who does vote! :D

In other news, my Byzantine game got a bit messed up by the 5.2 upgrade. :( I'll try and recover and continue it, but that particular AAR looks dead before it started. I'll see what happens though!

But for a future story I did have a plan to try something unusual and different, just not sure what.

So! EUIV is coming soon and I want to be in at the ground floor, as it were.

My question is, therefore, what should I do? I'll give some options below. If anyone would like to give me a hand so I can prepare it'd be truly welcome.

Country
- Portugal (for easy learning and for colonising)
- England/France (continental powers I know a lot about)
- Tag switching! (Change every ruler or set amount of time)

Style
- Serious narrative only (with some gameplay explanations)
- Mix gameplay and narrative (equal chapters to both, like this story)
- Parody/comedy narrative (with or without separate gameplay chapters)

Unlike the last times I will be writing this as I go, so I won't be able to do retrospectives like I have before.

If you have other ideas please let me know!

Thanks

The middle option for each. I want to see the Order (or estranged operatives thereof) back in action! :)

Hey, thanks for your replies!

So I've got two for a France/England serious narrative + gameplay and one for a comedic Portuguese one. LOL, drunk sailor advisors do sound pretty cool.

Thanks! I'm having ideas already. :)

I had an idea in that vein, where I have the traditional time travel story. But instead of having someone of great intelligence and skill who can manipulate the future...some random 'Valley Girl' type gets sent back who couldn't even find Portugal on a map and is more worried about not having a hair dryer for 400 years than ruling the world!

Could be funny....