+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: The Grey Eminence - A Narrative/History AAR 1399-1821

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I would be all over that.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Parody/comedy AAR's are always good fun! Start writing already!

(Srsly, this forumpart is empty now that both this AAR and Novum Romanum Imperium are finished)
    AAR's:
    Eendraght Maeckt Maght: A Brabant AAR with the D&T mod. Join Brabant in its journey to uniting the Netherlands and Europe under one banner!

Participating in:
    We, the People -- A USA Interactive FTM AAR as Senator John Linton from Florida for the Democratic Party.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Well, I'm sure you could make it interesting, but it needs to at least be partly serious, in my opinion. I've always found slapstick to be dreadfully dull.

(Oh, look at Chris and me, posing with our swanky new CK II avatars!)
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

That would be awesome
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

I'm sure that you could try it out and see how it goes.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh, it'd still be partly serious. I don't do slapstick, but it would be slightly more absurd than the plot is already.

Thanks for the encouragement. I have an idea of what to do!
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Most Excellent Work, Ashantai! Not only a great AAR but a great piece of literature! Pure stroke of genius how you ended up tieing your work together, etc...!

Maybe some day I'll get around to finishing my MEIOU Plantagenet AAR, but I've put it on hold to now to focus on CKII, during the little free time I have, which, truth be told, I was thinking about [CKII] all that while I was working on "Viva l'Anglois"; so I set a more realistic goal for myself alongside taking tips I learned from you, etc, and will hopefully manage to finish this 1st person narrative style AAR for CKII in a completely different style than my first, which will hopefully get it done this time,

Thanks for the tips!

Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store next,
    Author of:

"One Nation, Under Blois" (A CKII AAR) Starring Stephen de Blois, King of England {Unfinished}
    "L'Empire PlantagenÍt: History of a Dynasty (A MEIOU AAR) - Viva l'Angois!" {On Indefinite Hiatus}

Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Okay, so, I am writing a couple of updates for the new Byzantine AAR, just to see how they go, before I go too much further on.

What do you think of the title:
    "Stop Calling Us Byzantines! A Narrative Parody AAR"

Ideas?

It's certainly going to be shorter than this AAR, with definitely some more humour I hope.
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    Okay, so, I am writing a couple of updates for the new Byzantine AAR, just to see how they go, before I go too much further on.

What do you think of the title:
    "Stop Calling Us Byzantines! A Narrative Parody AAR"

Ideas?

It's certainly going to be shorter than this AAR, with definitely some more humour I hope.
    Sounds good - I'll try to stick around until the end this time.

Seriously, World of Tanks has a lot to answer for in terms of my diminished activity on the forums.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Haha! I've been very absent too...but once I get back to posting I'll try and catch up on the hundreds of posts in people's AARs I've missed. o_o

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sounds good I'd say. Hopefully I will find it when it comes out.

Just a quick note that if anyone has the silly desire to vote for this AAR in the awards this story should be under the Narrative section. Thank you to anyone who does vote!

In other news, my Byzantine game got a bit messed up by the 5.2 upgrade. I'll try and recover and continue it, but that particular AAR looks dead before it started. I'll see what happens though!

But for a future story I did have a plan to try something unusual and different, just not sure what.

So! EUIV is coming soon and I want to be in at the ground floor, as it were.

My question is, therefore, what should I do? I'll give some options below. If anyone would like to give me a hand so I can prepare it'd be truly welcome.

Country
    - Portugal (for easy learning and for colonising)
    - England/France (continental powers I know a lot about)
    - Tag switching! (Change every ruler or set amount of time)

Style
    - Serious narrative only (with some gameplay explanations)
    - Mix gameplay and narrative (equal chapters to both, like this story)
    - Parody/comedy narrative (with or without separate gameplay chapters)

Unlike the last times I will be writing this as I go, so I won't be able to do retrospectives like I have before.

If you have other ideas please let me know!

Thanks

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

The middle option for each. I want to see the Order (or estranged operatives thereof) back in action!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

England/France and a mix of serious narrative and gameplay would be my favoured choice for any future Ashantai AAR. Best of luck!

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

I'd say - do a comedic Portuguese aar, where you'd blame all your mistakes made due to your unfamiliarity with EU IV on drunk sailor advisers

Hey, thanks for your replies!

So I've got two for a France/England serious narrative + gameplay and one for a comedic Portuguese one. LOL, drunk sailor advisors do sound pretty cool.

Thanks! I'm having ideas already.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic

I like Memento Mori's idea, actually. Bring on the drunken sailors!
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

I'll read whatever you write but Memento Mori gets my vote
    Holy Roman Empire Squared (Completed AAR)
    Watch the Byzantine Holy Roman Pope restore the Roman Empire!

I had an idea in that vein, where I have the traditional time travel story. But instead of having someone of great intelligence and skill who can manipulate the future...some random 'Valley Girl' type gets sent back who couldn't even find Portugal on a map and is more worried about not having a hair dryer for 400 years than ruling the world!

Could be funny....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast