• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It takes me about a minute or two to read your updates, once I've noticed them. >_>

Abandoning France is pretty desperate. I wonder if they can turn it around.

I love this!

When facing this situation in HoI2, I always had an idea: Doctor, what you were telling me about an A- bomb?:laugh:

It takes me about a minute or two to read your updates, once I've noticed them. >_>

Abandoning France is pretty desperate. I wonder if they can turn it around.

For now it is just a discussion; I'm not sure if abandoning France is the best decision. I've got some interesting plans coming up.

I love this!

Just wait for the interesting plans. The next update: "Odes of the Offspring" will begin a series of events to occur that will...change a few things.

When facing this situation in HoI2, I always had an idea: Doctor, what you were telling me about an A- bomb?:laugh:

I got some interesting plans for this. Been doing some research on something plausible =)

For now it is just a discussion; I'm not sure if abandoning France is the best decision. I've got some interesting plans coming up.

Right. Let's hope it doesn't get that desperate, the lack of French war material could be devastating to your long-term efforts!

Couldn't be possible to withdraw behind a natural obstacle and to bleed white the enemy then with a minimun of foces in the area?

Couldn't be possible to withdraw behind a natural obstacle and to bleed white the enemy then with a minimun of foces in the area?

We will see. The end of 1944 has some surprises that really 'tip the balance' of power.

But which way? More forces against Germany? :eek:

But which way? More forces against Germany? :eek:

About the only way more forces or nations could join the war against Germany is if Aliens were to come... now that would be a nice plot twist!

About the only way more forces or nations could join the war against Germany is if Aliens were to come... now that would be a nice plot twist!

Gotta say, I wouldn't see it coming!

The following image contains a spoiler. You have been warned.

The following image contains a real spoiler. You have been really warned. This is not a joke.

The following image contains a REAL spoiler. You have been REALLY warned. This is NOT a joke.

Want some hints?

The top left image is London.
The top right image is the Enola Gay.
The bottom left image is a King Tiger.
The bottom right image is Tristan Schnack pointing a gun at somebody.

Need more hints?

Why are Spitfires flying over London?
Is the Enola Gay headed towards Berlin?
Is the King Tiger in Spain or going towards Italy?
Who is Tristan Schnack pointing the gun towards?

Need even more hints?

Well too bad, stay tuned for the Nightmare Continues!

you are a #(?&$*(# tease :p

You didn't point out the mushroom cloud.

Why are Spitfires flying over London? Easy one: Because they look nice.
Is the Enola Gay headed towards Berlin? In fact is not the Enola Gay but Homer's Pride, and they're searching for beer.
Is the King Tiger in Spain or going towards Italy? In Nazi Germany a King Tiger doesn't go anywhere: you go to the Königstiger.
Who is Tristan Schnack pointing the gun towards? To you, Teckor, if you dare to include aliens in this awesome AAR.

Why are Spitfires flying over London? Easy one: Because they look nice.
Is the Enola Gay headed towards Berlin? In fact is not the Enola Gay but Homer's Pride, and they're searching for beer.
Is the King Tiger in Spain or going towards Italy? In Nazi Germany a King Tiger doesn't go anywhere: you go to the Königstiger.
Who is Tristan Schnack pointing the gun towards? To you, Teckor, if you dare to include aliens in this awesome AAR.

The last one scares me. HELP!

Continuing on with my good nature of teasing. I have created another image that represents upcoming events for you [the readers] interpretation. Along with the previous image, these two collaboration of images will provide you a good insight into what will be happening.

The second image contains a definitive spoiler. Currently, Tristan Schnack finds himself in the year 1944. What's after 1944? If you guessed 1945, you are right!

And before anybody asks, I am still writing. The next update will be available sometime this week. Finishing up some touches on it.

The following image contains a REAL spoiler. You have been REALLY warned. This is NOT a joke.

The First Image

The Second Image

Adolf has an accident (fatal of course) when a Me 262 shots down his Ju 52. As a consequence of this, Lufthansa plummets to the bottom of the ocean in Wall Street.

You tease. :p When do we get our next real update?

Alptraum
An Alternative History Affair
By TekcoR

Odes of the Offspring

To: Father
August 12th, 1944

It was not but yesterday that I read about your adventures in Signal. I have sent a copy to Sebastian, since it is not available within Berlin proper from what he has said. I shared your exploits with my men, and their desire to be relieved from garrison duty has greatly increased. However; I must constantly remind them that there has been no acknowledgement of the expected realignment of forces in the country. My sentiment is with my men. I share their desire to witness combat; but I have become accustomed to the privileged life that garrison duty brings. Denmark is a safe country. The people are friendly, and treat us with respect, even though deep down I know they do not enjoy our presence here.

I would highly recommend that you come and visit Copenhagen; you don’t have to stay long, only a week. The city itself is marvelous with the amount of history available at ones finger tips. I was honored the other day to see the King, Christian X, riding from Amalienborg Palace without guard. It is hard not to respect a man who show visibly shows a sign of non-militant resistance.

You will have to write me before departing for the city. I advise you to send two letters for I have recently requested leave and will be visiting home beginning August 16th. Address one to my present location, and one to home. I cannot wait to see both mother and sister! I have not seen either of them for a good six and a half months. It has been even longer since I’ve seen you father. I wish we could see each other again. Mother wrote me recently and said you had a chance to visit her recently, but were unable to attend. She was terribly heartbroken, but I am sure that she has become use to the disappointment caused by the war. I hope you can find time to perhaps visit us while I am on leave for two weeks.

Until then, your son,
Philipp Schnack
Copenhagen, Denmark​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

To: Father
August 14th, 1944

Father, your personal account of the E-50 caused a great tingling down my spine. I cannot wait until the tank becomes the mainstay of the panzer divisions for a multitude of reasons; one of them being that the tanks currently garrisoning Berlin are obsolete compared to what the Soviets have been throwing at us. Your accounts; which I have shared with my comrades, have earned me nothing but jealous remarks; and praises from my superiors about the legacy and determination of the Schnack family. I must remind you, that you have created a near insurmountable record for both Philip and I to achieve. Dare I say that perhaps you are on the way to passing grandfather’s marvelous feat of stopping the cowardly Emperor Napoleon III? I can only hope that Philipp, Rhiley and I can live up to the previous generations of Schnacks.

Once a week I often find myself invited to parties thrown by well off dignitaries. I personally do not know these men for their glorious feats, but I know their real purpose for inviting me. I have been constantly asked to seek your favor for the benefit of these men. I haven’t written to you about the requests, because these men do not deserve their requests. What have they done when compared to the reputation we have established? I think the most thrilling meal I attended was with Feldmarschall Guderian the other day on the 8th. I know Herr Guderian obviously does not need a favor, for his own reputation precedes him.

One simply does not get an invite to supper with the Chief of Staff of the Wehrmacht by mere chance. In his study, we spent hours discussing the evolution of the tank and the usefulness the tank his displayed on the battlefield. The most interesting sub-topic of the entire discussion was the proposal of super heavy panzers to counter what has been seen by the Russians. Guderian and I are both of the opinion that these tanks are worthless, for there is no bridge within Berlin, let alone the country capable of supporting an immense weight of 100 tons! I think may have offended the Feldmarschall slightly when I exclaimed that even a young first lieutenant understands that mass production of medium tanks like the E-50 or even the E-75 is more suitable to type of warfare we have seen that a beastly 100 ton or more tank.

I would like to write more in this letter about tanks and invites to meals, but I must get to the point. I will be on leave for the next month and returning to see mother. If you find time, please come and visit. It has been awhile since I last saw, though it was only mere months ago in Berlin.

Your son,
Sebastian Schnack
Berlin, Germany​