• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vertinox

Field Marshal
75 Badges
Aug 10, 2002
twitch.tv
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
The Sengoku demo runs a bit laggy for me but it runs ok.

Should I expect CK2 to run about the same or will it need much more in resources due to the number of characters and provinces involved?

I say this now as I wonder if I need to save up for a new computer.

I'm running Sengoku at 1680x1050 with the trees turned off. I guess I could drop resolution to speed it up, but I think with CK2 the issue will be more with the gigantic character database. I'd be perfectly fine if CK runs just like Sengoku. Just wondering from anyone in the know how much CK2 will need in resources.

I'm running Sengoku at 1680x1050 with the trees turned off. I guess I could drop resolution to speed it up, but I think with CK2 the issue will be more with the gigantic character database. I'd be perfectly fine if CK runs just like Sengoku. Just wondering from anyone in the know how much CK2 will need in resources.

I assume the answer is yes, if Sengolku runs fine CK2 will run fine, but only the devs and betas know, and betas aren't allowed to post.

So devs?

Nick

Johan wrote "If Sengoku runs like a charm, then it ought to be fine enough."

Let me try to translate the colloquialisms . . .

"runs like a charm" normally means very well indeed

"fine enough" means good enough to satisfy a reasonable player

Crap :(

I hope they will add some really low graphic setting to make the game run at an acceptable speed even on older computers. I also hope the game doesn't grind to a halt after a hundred years or so due to the insane number of characters.

Depending on your machine saving up for a new computer might not be necessary. If you've got a laptop you may be able to upgrade it's RAM, but probably not much else. A desktop should have plenty of potential for upgrade - more RAM, a new graphics card, and a faster CPU (which would probably require a new motherboard) are all possibilities. What are the specifications of your PC?

@ Sir Garnet

Haha, thanks i knew that. :laugh:
Was just wondering what it ment in reality.
Nonetheless, your explanation may have helped others.

Typical Johan, now i will buy Sengoku to make the reality check. :happy:

CK II going to be too hot??

I was playing Sengoku abt an hour ago, but my pc crashed due to overheating @ the graphics card. I find that strange as I can play AC:Brotherhood for 4 hours and then it will crash, but sengoku is like playing 10 min and then it crash (!?). So is CK II being as much demanding as Sengoku,
Richard

PS: Yeah i know my pc needs to be cleaned, too much dust. But my dad is too lazy to bring it to the shop.

Conceivably just an issue with the particular problems with your PC (and if you are crashing due to overheating in any application then you do have an issue). Paradox games are going to be far more CPU intensive than something like AC:Brotherhood, so if your cooling issues are related to CPU overheating rather than GPU, then it isn't surprising that that is where you get the issues.

I've also got a slightly unstable PC at the mo, and while I have had crashes in some GPU intensive games, I've never had any sort of hard crash issue with a Paradox game.

Edit: ok so I missed the bit in the original post specifically saying it was GPU overheating :blush:

Maybe you should use pagedefrag wich is included in the Sysinternals Suite by Microsoft.
Pagedefragging will take a while but its worth it. Look it up.

EDIT: Ups. GPU Heat. Well i doubt its the dust. But on this, when vacuum cleaning dont touch anything
while doing it and use Q-tips/cotton sticks for the board, ah well..
..or simply open your case, so air can rotate much better.

Last edited:
Compressed air? What is that?

Air in a can. A vacuum cleaner can seriously damage your computer if you use it to clean the computer.

Air in a can. A vacuum cleaner can seriously damage your computer if you use it to clean the computer.

Well vacuum cleaner will help the get the dust from the air that you make fly with the compressed air. Still if you don't touch anything inside the computer with the vacuum cleaner you will not damage it.

I Want to say that the cause is dust. I can see it in my pc with my flashlight and it is almpst solid by now. I may not open the pc, because my warranty will be declared void. Also my dad forbids me to put the vacuüm on it. Anybody any tips for this?