+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scando-Baltic Mod

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Scando-Baltic Mod

I have been busy creating a DW version of my old Novus Natio Nationis mod and as part of that I have decided to release each region as its own module when completed. The first such module is Scandinavia and the Baltic.

It's not a huge mod with lots of changes but I have added some new countries and new provinces as well as a few new missions.

New Countries

Playable
    Sapmi
    Slesvig
    Livonian Order made playable from game start

Releasable
    Scania

Revoltable
    Estonia
    Iceland
    Ingria
    Karelia
    Livonia

Creatable
    Livonian Order can choose to secularize as Livonia

New Provinces
    Aland Islands
    Blekinge
    Bornholm
    Faeroe Islands
    Finnmárku
    Lappi
    Shetland Islands

The beta version of the mod has already been integrated into the OSC collection and the full version will likely be integrated as well.

Feedback and suggestions would, as always, be greatly appreciated.

Version 1.2
    Last edited by SapientHomo; 16-09-2012 at 16:56.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition

Reserved
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Interesting! Have you included or updated any new missions decisions to account for the changes, such as Sapmi forming Scandinavia or Sweden getting a mission to annex Sapmi?

Doesn't the inclusion of the Livonians rather hurt the Teutonic Order's chances of survival early on?
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

I have updated missions for conquering provinces. It completely slipped my mind to update the Scandinavia formation decision, I'll sort that out tomorrow.

The inclusion of the Livonian Order doesn't hurt the Teutonic Order. It has them as a vassal and they can help with wars, plus the TO doesn't have to deal with any rebellions.
    Current game:

Cool mod, will have to download later.
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Hey SapientHomo;

Your localization file has some extra blank lines at the end of the file.

There should only be one, else the localizations get screwed-up.

Also province #1931 has "add_core = GTL" on line 35, not sure what tag that should be.

:edit: same file, line 45 has "culture = geatish".

:edit2: sorry, last one: maybe try "color = { 50 140 125 }" for Sapmi, it's easier to distinguish from Novgorod.

Noticed these while merging into OSC, I'm a picky bastard, eh?

Cheers
    Last edited by Scocou; 24-10-2011 at 05:39.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What about adding some of the islands as revolters? I thought about Orkney, Bornholm (Hammershus) and Faeroe Islands. Maybe even the Åland Islands?

I made a new set of coat of arms for your mod and therefore included the nations I suggested. Feel free to use them if you like.
    If you want me to do more coat of arms for further development of your mod, just pm me.

(green = new, blue = updated)

download: minfields_coat_of_arms_for_scando_baltic_mod.rar

I replaced the coat of arms of iceland you were using with the one of the Icelandic Commonwealth. I think it is more fitting for your purpose escpecially when you set new provinces for the Faeroe Islands and the Shetland Islands.
    I also replaced Sa(p)mi flag to a more simple one because the one you were using looks a bit too modern to me.

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

Quote Originally Posted by Scocou View Post
    Hey SapientHomo;

Your localization file has some extra blank lines at the end of the file.

There should only be one, else the localizations get screwed-up.
    I'll sort that one out.

Also province #1931 has "add_core = GTL" on line 35, not sure what tag that should be.

:edit: same file, line 45 has "culture = geatish".
    I thought I'd removed everything to do with Geatland from the old NNN files. Thanks for the heads up.

:edit2: sorry, last one: maybe try "color = { 50 140 125 }" for Sapmi, it's easier to distinguish from Novgorod.
    I'll change that one too.

Noticed these while merging into OSC, I'm a picky bastard, eh?
    Not picky, just helpful.
    Current game:

Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    What about adding some of the islands as revolters? I thought about Orkney, Bornholm (Hammershus) and Faeroe Islands. Maybe even the Åland Islands?
    I had thought about adding the islands as extra revolters but the will never have great populations and share a culture with their mother country. You are welcome to add them as an extra sub-mod if you want.

I made a new set of coat of arms for your mod and therefore included the nations I suggested. Feel free to use them if you like.

If you want me to do more coat of arms for further development of your mod, just pm me.
    Thank you.

I replaced the coat of arms of iceland you were using with the one of the Icelandic Commonwealth. I think it is more fitting for your purpose escpecially when you set new provinces for the Faeroe Islands and the Shetland Islands.
    I agree actually!

I also replaced Sa(p)mi flag to a more simple one because the one you were using looks a bit too modern to me.
    Thank you. I replaced the modern Ingria and Karelia flags with coat of arms but couldn't replace the Sapmi one in the same way.
    Current game:

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Cool mod, I can't wait to see the other areas you do.

Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    Cool mod, I can't wait to see the other areas you do.
    You shouldn't have to wait long.
    Current game:

Current game:

Nice mod, ive already merged it with my personal mod. I look forward to your other modules.

One thing I suggest is a conquer shetland mission for Scotland, along the lines of the conquer Orkney mission, seeing as they do acquire it IRL in the mid 15th century.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckey View Post
    Nice mod, ive already merged it with my personal mod. I look forward to your other modules.

One thing I suggest is a conquer shetland mission for Scotland, along the lines of the conquer Orkney mission, seeing as they do acquire it IRL in the mid 15th century.
    Thanks. Added to my list with a few other fixes for a version v1.2.
    Current game:

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia

What about adding the swedish lands? There are only four of them, it has been done before and I always felt like sweden has to have minors

What about adding the swedish lands? There are only four of them, it has been done before and I always felt like sweden has to have minors
    My NNN mod did have Götaland as a releasable nation and Norrland as a revoltable nation. I also added a decision so that if both Götaland and Finland were independent then Sweden would become Svealand. They would be easy to put in this mod although the only flags I have are modern creations so if you have any ideas I would love to see them.
    Current game:

I have uploaded v1.2 with some fixes and added missions. I have not yet added the other Swedish Lands, I hope to get to those in the next day or two but I need to devote some time to the OSC collection.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20932...c+Mod+v1.2.rar
    Current game:

Scripter Paradox Dev Team Trin Tragula's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nice to see a Nordic mod. I was making adjustments to this region myself for my own mod a while back (not strictly part of it's focus but I had the urge so...) and I considered adding more provinces. In the end I decided against this as the region seem a bit too rich as it is considering it's very low population compared to other parts of Europe. Do you find the game to be balanced with all these new provinces?

Not so sure about this one. They don't seem likely as potential new states in this era to me. What I'd recommend is to use the duchies established by Gustav I as revolters instead (Östergötland, Finland, Södermanland and Småland). If you do use the "lands of Sweden" then it should be noted that they were different back then. As I understand it Norrland also incorporated what is now northern Finland and the rest of Finland was also a land referred to as Österland.

EDIT: And if I'd read the wiki article first I would've noticed that it does mention the older understanding of the terms. Sorry about that.

Thinking about this you maybe should not implement the swedish lands and adding the landskap or län is illusory - there's just no reason for it.

Only thing I'd keep of my idea is the two lands in the south of Sweden: Svealand and Götaland. According to the Consolidation of Sweden that would make sense. Lands of the swedish north had too less inhabitants - at least in the 14th / 15th century.

About the CoAs: I have no clue what they were using....

EDIT: Just realized that with Sapmi implemented there already is a minor for the northern part.
    Last edited by minefield; 28-10-2011 at 13:06.

How about adding in sami paganism as a religion and set it do not every country in Europe gets a colonism Cadiz bele on sapmi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast