• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

son of liberty

3%
10 Badges
Oct 3, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
One of the great things about working with MartinBG and crew is that sometimes I get to play with the new stuff before it gets released. This "aar" was the result of checking the new pre-release exe for stability. I ran it from 1936-1952 with no crash at the highest speed. Some very interesting things happened in this particular run, and I thought I would share. I had 216 shots over the course of the war. No way in hades I will convert them all to jpeg and upload them. However, I will do enough to give you the idea of how good the new game is likely to be upon release.

screensave4.jpg

screensave5.jpg

screensave6.jpg

screensave7.jpg

screensave8y.jpg

screensave9.jpg

screensave10.jpg

screensave11.jpg

screensave12.jpg

screensave13.jpg

screensave15.jpg

screensave16p.jpg

screensave18.jpg

screensave20.jpg

screensave21.jpg

screensave22.jpg

screensave23.jpg

screensave24e.jpg

screensave25.jpg

screensave26.jpg

I plan to let the images speak for themselves, but will answer any questions that may come up.

Is the UK landing in Matsuyama common? I've only played one other vanilla game and that happened then too.

It does seem to be the choice spot. It may be terrain combined with lack of ready assistance for the defenders.

screensave27.jpg

screensave28.jpg

screensave29.jpg

screensave33.jpg

screensave35.jpg

screensave36.jpg

screensave37.jpg

screensave38.jpg

screensave39.jpg

screensave40.jpg

screensave41.jpg

screensave42.jpg

screensave43.jpg

screensave44.jpg

screensave45.jpg

screensave47.jpg

screensave48.jpg

screensave51.jpg

screensave52h.jpg

screensave53.jpg

screensave54.jpg

screensave55.jpg

screensave56d.jpg

screensave57.jpg

screensave58.jpg

screensave59i.jpg

screensave60.jpg

screensave61.jpg

screensave62.jpg

screensave63r.jpg

screensave64.jpg

screensave65.jpg

screensave67.jpg

screensave68.jpg

screensave69.jpg

screensave70.jpg

screensave71.jpg

screensave73.jpg

screensave74.jpg

screensave75.jpg

screensave76.jpg

screensave77.jpg

screensave79.jpg

screensave80.jpg

screensave81.jpg

screensave82.jpg

screensave83.jpg

screensave84.jpg

screensave85.jpg

screensave86e.jpg

screensave87.jpg

screensave88.jpg

screensave89.jpg

screensave90.jpg

screensave91.jpg

screensave92.jpg

screensave93.jpg

screensave94.jpg

screensave95.jpg

screensave96.jpg

screensave97.jpg

screensave98.jpg

screensave99v.jpg

screensave100.jpg

screensave101.jpg

screensave102.jpg

screensave104.jpg

screensave107.jpg

screensave108.jpg

screensave109.jpg

screensave110.jpg

screensave111.jpg

screensave112.jpg

screensave113.jpg

screensave114.jpg

screensave115.jpg

screensave116.jpg

screensave118.jpg

screensave119.jpg

screensave120.jpg

screensave121.jpg

screensave122.jpg

screensave123.jpg

screensave124.jpg

screensave125.jpg

screensave126.jpg

screensave127.jpg

screensave128.jpg

screensave129.jpg

screensave130.jpg

screensave131.jpg

screensave132.jpg

screensave133.jpg

screensave134.jpg

I believe that there is, but with England and France still in the war why would it fire? France chose "France fights on" when the Vichy event fired.

#################################
# German-American Cold War
##################################
event = {
id = 2049053
random = no
country = USA

name = 77000name
desc = 77000desc
style = 2
picture = "news_paper"

trigger = {
random = 20
control = { province = 55 data = -2 } # Paris
control = { province = 163 data = -2 } # Berlin
control = { province = 29 data = -2 } # London
control = { province = 572 data = -2 } # Moscow
control = { province = 663 data = -2 } # Stalingrad
control = { province = 553 data = -2 } # Leningrad
OR = { control = { province = 348 data = -2 } control = { province = 900 data = -2 } control = { province = 419 data = -2 } } # Gibraltar, Suez or Rome
NOT = { war = { country = ENG country = GER } }
war = { country = USA country = GER }
}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 15
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

action = {
ai_chance = 100
name = 77000a
command = { type = trigger which = 2003076 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = -2 }
command = { type = dissent value = -20 }
}
action = {
ai_chance = 0
name = ACTINUTILE
command = { type = dissent value = 20 }
}
}

Awesome

I agree. USA hands out nukes like they were door prizes or something. Germany started researching nukes after getting hit the second time. They were building a reactor(level 4) before the US captured Berlin and destroyed it.

1) Why Germany had 600+ and later even 900+ or 1000+ IC?!?! The USA didn't even have 600...
2) Why did the AI target Essen two times with nukes? I take it that the modelling of nukes is as ridiculous as always. The USA nuking Rome (lol, what about the Pope? :D) and Spanish cities. Yeah, right.
3) Why did the US AI went for Korea and China while ignoring the Japanese homeland? This is an old problem. I cannot believed it's not been fixed yet.

Perhaps they noticed the beach defenders and decided to take out relatively less defended Manchuko and China? Maybe they decided to follow Truman's plan? Japan does surrender after being nuked three times.

"2) Why did the AI target Essen two times with nukes? I take it that the modelling of nukes is as ridiculous as always. The USA nuking Rome (lol, what about the Pope? ) and Spanish cities. Yeah, right.
3) Why did the US AI went for Korea and China while ignoring the Japanese homeland? This is an old problem. I cannot believed it's not been fixed yet.

2: Cause after the first nuke Essen has still over 9 IC when Nuke lvl is 6 or 7. So the AI strikes again. But the Problem is, the USA wouldnt nuke every big industrial city. For example Truman didnt allow to nuke kyoto because it was "the rome of whole east asia" But how to teach the AI what to nuke and what not. ?
3. Cause in China there wouldnt be that much resistents while the Japanese where know as possiblie fanatics when it comes to a an invasion of Japan. Also the AI guards the homenation often better then its outer territorys. And China would give the US Manpower an a easy base for further Invasions in Japan.

screensave136.jpg

screensave137.jpg

screensave138.jpg

screensave141.jpg

screensave142.jpg

screensave143.jpg

screensave144.jpg

screensave145.jpg

screensave147.jpg

screensave148.jpg

screensave149.jpg

screensave150.jpg

screensave152.jpg

screensave153.jpg

screensave154.jpg

screensave155.jpg

screensave156.jpg

screensave157.jpg

screensave159.jpg

screensave160.jpg

That is one way to look at it. Another way to see it is that those are the capitals of all the Axis members. Do you think that that would affect their will to fight? Their ability to supply their troops? At that point, Venice had the most ic of any city in Italy iirc.

I think that using nukes in Europe would be extremely unlikely and if they were used, they would only be dropped on German cities and after that, the Allies would demand German surrender. If they refused, nukes would probably be used as tactical weapons. It is also very likely that the German allies would surrender immediately, because they would be worried about the threat to their cities. Historically, when Sicily was conquered, Italy was very worried about the bombing threat to its old cities and Mussolini was overthrown, while there were even no nukes in 1943! It would probably be the same in case of Spain or Portugal. Dropping nukes on their cities is as ridiculous as dropping nukes on Axis-controlled Paris or London.

Even in Japan, the Allies didn't bomb cities like Tokyo. Nobody needs a nuclear wasteland.

Ok, good points. What do you suggest?