• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I fail to realize why USA/Allies are ALWAYS releasing Poland in '45 borders instead of '39 with some gains (especially when USA conquered all eastern parts of '39 Poland in this case).
poland, czechoslovakia and romania get the '45 borders. this makes no sense especially in case of a defeated soviet union.
do the baltic states get released by the allies at all?

If the USA release Poland, it should get it's '39 borders plus Königsberg. Without the Soviets, who's going to 'move' the country westward?

Similarily, Romania should get Bessarabia and a couple of countries should be established in the Caucasus.

If the USA release Poland, it should get it's '39 borders plus Königsberg. Without the Soviets, who's going to 'move' the country westward?
i think that apart from the '39 borders poland could maybe get just territories with a substantial polish minority: the rest of upper silesia, masuria (basically the south of ostpreussen) and danzig. i think it would make no sense to give königsberg to poland other than just humiliating germany.

There must be some declassified plans that would reveal the borders of an Allied occupied Poland...

Also I think, moreso than the large amount of nukes (which make sense if the US gets them early and is in the situation it was in, the anti-nuke norm is something that could easily haven't have happened), the most striking thing about this game is Germany walktzing in to areas which are completely undefended. Where the hell were the Soviet troops near Moscow? What happened to the Allied soldiers who liberated India?

Great idea for an aar.:) Curious how the post war settlement will look like.:D

I fail to realize why USA/Allies are ALWAYS releasing Poland in '45 borders instead of '39 with some gains (especially when USA conquered all eastern parts of '39 Poland in this case).
the 1945 borders are in the files as the "default" so that the historic peace settlement can be done with a minimum of work, I guess? You would need additional events to handle adjustments to those borders.

Actually, thinking about it, it would make more sense to have the "default minimum" be the 1945 borders in the east and the 1939 borders in the west. Then let events give them cores on the other territory they would get, and rely on DH's hardcoded mechanisms to have Poland's allies give Poland its land back. Those provinces that are not under control by Poland's allies would not revert to them. Poland's eastern border could take funny shapes depending on where the front lines end up at war's end.

That could release Poland with "compatible" borders that match every possible war outcome - they'd get as much of their eastern provinces back as Alliances allow, and their western border would be decided on by peace conference events. (Yalta-style, or an ahistorical peace conference where Germany is treated more leniently)

There must be some declassified plans that would reveal the borders of an Allied occupied Poland...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...au_Plan.png/668px-Germany_Morgenthau_Plan.png

The US plan for Germany if it was overwhelmingly successful and not forced to compromise.

With the USSR out of the picture, Poland could be given its former territories, plus the rest of Silesia and the whole German Prussia.

From a game mechanics point of view, I'd say only the Communist Poland's cores should be the 45 Poland's cores. The Fascist/Democratic Poland's cores should be the 36 Poland's cores.

Holy thread resurrection Batman.

i know this thread is over but i couldn't help but reply. As the UK i managed to defeat Germany taking all of eastern Europe + Lithuania of Soviets. when i released Poland it has 45' borders. i would of thought that if the allies occupied eastern Europe, the soviets would of got eastern Poland, Baltic and Besserabia. I'm sure the Allies would impose some border changes on Germany but not as drastic: most probably Germany would of lost the Prussian Enclave which would be given to Poland. After the results of ww1 the allies wouldn't risk a ww3 by imposing harsh conditions. Also i'm sure the monarchies in the Balkans wouldn't be lost.