• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this will only mod my game,Kindjal must make this to fix all hegemony and finally send the mod to DH world :D

Cores? Is this a nightmare of the whole Manifest Destiny in Vicky II all over again?

They should be claims, not cores. I don't think America in this timeline has so-called 'American settlers' being oppressed to justfiy as cores.

Reworked it

name = "Hoover Speaks"
desc = "Today President Herbert Hoover declared on the radio throughout the nation that Mazula not going to enslave us, and from now the AF states that all U.S. territories with minority are his, Long live Hoover!"
picture = "politics4"

date = { day = 15 month = March year = 1936 }
offset = 2
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1937 }

action = {
name = "Long Live America!"
command = { type = addcore which = 1934 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1932 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1930 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1919 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1928 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1922 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1925 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1924 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1926 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1927 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1920 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1921 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1906 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1903 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1905 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1898 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1897 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1901 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1904 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1902 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1900 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1886 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1887 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1892 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1899 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1893 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1896 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1868 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1883 }
command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
command = { type = manpowerpool value = 200 }
}
}

I can't mod Russian Events because this:

Sem%2520t%25C3%25ADtulo.png

This is all rough and tumble

hummm,returning to the mod,i make a event of a Russian ultimatum to Georgia,to Georgia send nothern provinces to Russia.Oh and one more thing, I'll have to stop to help, I have to work on TBL,try to do the best for the mod :D,if you wan't,I can send some events to you Kindjal,I have some waiting to your inspection >=-D

As someone who watched the LP closely but didn't own any of the games to play the mods Wiz made, I just want to thank you for this one!

However, a few issues..

The Union of Rome only has one choice in all it's election events, an Old Guard Consul, a Radical Tribune, and the coup failing. Are you not supposed to be able to choose the result?

And more importantly: The game won't save. It says it's autosaving, but they don't show up when you try and start a game, and manually saving doesn't seem to work either.

This is all with the latest version BTW.

Gukpa said:
Now,Kindjal,convert the tech files to the DH,it's terrible play with HoI2 techs
can't you just copy over the tech files and the unit/brigade files and then override?

Sorry, too much work and not really worth it as the mod starts in 1936.

I integrated several changes from the full tree however.

Gukpa said:
I can't mod Russian Events because this:

Notepad is terrible, use this http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/

Gukpa said:
hummm,returning to the mod,i make a event of a Russian ultimatum to Georgia,to Georgia send nothern provinces to Russia.
if you wan't,I can send some events to you Kindjal,I have some waiting to your inspection >=-D

There's already an Ultimatum to Georgia event (56080).
Please, put your event chains into new files and don't edit the existing ones. Easier that way for now.
I'll try to take a look at your stuff on the weekend.

The Union of Rome only has one choice in all it's election events, an Old Guard Consul, a Radical Tribune, and the coup failing. Are you not supposed to be able to choose the result?

Yes, that's how it's supposed to be. Some things are just random and out of the players control.
Curse that fickle populace.

And more importantly: The game won't save. It says it's autosaving, but they don't show up when you try and start a game, and manually saving doesn't seem to work either.

Oh, I see there's no "mods\hegemonia\scenarios\save games" sub folder. Just create it.

The event fire in 1937,Russia make an ultimatum to Georgia,or Georgia give to Russia north part of Caucasus,or War .

So I was playing a game with Russia, and Ended up at war with the Union of Rome....I cant reach them, so thats that, then Mazula declares war on the AF and I end up at war Germany and Lithuania! Awesome! I halt their attacks quickly, and Make a mad dash to Rostov, using most of my West of Urals troops, I take It....then The Imperials In India
declare war on Turkestan, who than allies with The Roman Union.
So seeing How fucked I was, I ripped all of my forces from Irkustk, to manchuria, and moved them to central asia. A stand off occured, and I began to lose some battles that ended up severing the Transiberian Railway for a time.
following the gradual rise of my Army size (three divisions every three months) I was able to push the Turks back to the border. During this time the Lithuanian border remained nominally stagnate, I had to constantly shift forces,
Taking a few border provinces, but that was it.
And then, like A middle finger to my desperate face, The UK declares war on Japan. Im essentially fucked now, so I
went to work.
I modded in a few events that fire only when Russia is at war with Japan, Germany, and The Roman Union. the
choices are simple. Fight it out, or abandon the league. Abandoning the League gives Japan the Chance to pursue
war with Both powers, or Focus on UK (since at this point, the UK started the war.)
If they Peace with Russia, then the Roman Union get events, they can choose to continue the fight, Make peace with Russia to focus on the League, or attempt to pull Russia into the League, regardless of the consequence of the war with Germany.
Shortly afterwords, so long as Russia isnt an ally to the Roman Union, germany has the chance to propose a
Counteroffer, a Peace, or to pursue the war with greater fervor, gonna continue adding to it, maybe end up with a huge Russian Event arc while im at it

Oh, I see there's no "mods\hegemonia\scenarios\save games" sub folder. Just create it.

Noticed that myself. Maybe you could reupload ? I've just lost 2 games because of this (first time i didnt know about this "bug", and second time, well, i'm dumb, and i forgot about this "saves don't work issue)

I really like all the events, the world feels much more "alive" than regular DH, with countries making some different choices everytime.

However (after those 2 aborted games), it looks like war in 1939 is pretty much inevitable, is that correct ?

Gukpa said:
The event fire in 1937,Russia make an ultimatum to Georgia,or Georgia give to Russia north part of Caucasus,or War .

But isn't that what you want? I am not sure I understand what you're trying to do here.

theformersosuke said:
And then, like A middle finger to my desperate face, The UK declares war on Japan. Im essentially fucked now, so I
went to work.

I modded in a few events that fire only when Russia is at war with Japan, Germany, and The Roman Union. the
choices are simple. Fight it out, or abandon the league. Abandoning the League gives Japan the Chance to pursue
war with Both powers, or Focus on UK (since at this point, the UK started the war.)
If they Peace with Russia, then the Roman Union get events, they can choose to continue the fight, Make peace with Russia to focus on the League, or attempt to pull Russia into the League, regardless of the consequence of the war with Germany.
Shortly afterwords, so long as Russia isnt an ally to the Roman Union, germany has the chance to propose a
Counteroffer, a Peace, or to pursue the war with greater fervor, gonna continue adding to it, maybe end up with a huge Russian Event arc while im at it

Hm, yes your war is a bit too convoluted, sadly enough the scripting is a pain in the ass for the AI. A human would be much more sensible.
If you were to manage driving Japan out you'd force a peace, alas difficult depending on the Chinese situation, and Lithuania has a seperate peace too if it loses the Ukraine?
It's been a while I barely remember how it all goes together.

Anyway, I hope you're not planning on keeping those events to yourself, they sound pretty good.

Noticed that myself. Maybe you could reupload ? I've just lost 2 games because of this (first time i didnt know about this "bug", and second time, well, i'm dumb, and i forgot about this "saves don't work issue)

I really like all the events, the world feels much more "alive" than regular DH, with countries making some different choices everytime.

However (after those 2 aborted games), it looks like war in 1939 is pretty much inevitable, is that correct ?

Maybe I should indeed reupload.
Now, about the war, there's also the possibility that nothing happens ever, or an entire block stays out.
While rare, a peaceful world would be a pretty boring result for a war game, so there's several hotspots around that make sure something happens.

Maybe I should indeed reupload.

Would be nice for poor sods like me :)

Now, about the war, there's also the possibility that nothing happens ever, or an entire block stays out.
While rare, a peaceful world would be a pretty boring result for a war game, so there's several hotspots around that make sure something happens.

Well, i'm certainly not arguing for peace. I'm arguing against war starting at a pretty similar date each year. Makes the game too predictable (a flaw of vanilla). You know you HAVE to be ready for 1939, so you just mini-max to be ready by then. I think it would be much more fun if the event leading to conflict could erupt randomly over a longer period of time. Say any time between 37 and 41.

Another comment : as the roman commies, i decide to try to annex Egypt. Germany therefore declares war on me. Fine, i understand their reasons. But wouldn't it be cool if they send me an ultimatum instead ? "Stop your senseless warmongering in the land of Pharaoh now, else German troops shall parade in the Colosseum soon !"

The event driven wars actually have a low random factor, it's just there's several possible chains.
I know the predictability can be a problem, but you can never quite know exactly when, where, and who will start the war.

Still, I am willing to take the trade off knowing that you have to be ready from 1939 onwards over games where nothing happens at all.
Ultimately it's a war game.

Oh, nice event idea that.

Well, now that i can save, I'm doing my first uninterrupted game as Union of Rome.

The war against Italy and the German bloc starts as expected in early 1939. German and Lithuanian legions arrive on the Balkans front, were i'm outnumbered by maybe 3-4 to 1. But i'm holding the mountains with MTN infantry, so the enemy doesn't make much progress.

After a few months, I'm able to breakthrough Italian lines and annex them (july / august 1939), thanks to heavy air support. Russia opportunistically DoW on Lithuania. Lithuania doesn't repatriate its divisions (they must have at least a hundred on the italy / balkan front). I'm thinking "oh oh, smells like coffin for ya"

Suddenly, around nov-dec 39, the entire lithuanian infantry disappears, i guess strat redeployed to stem the Russian tide. So the 20 MOT/ARM that i was massing to attempt a breakthrough suddenly face... nothing... Seriously, the way was basically free until vienna /budapest/ berlin. There were maybe 10 austrian divisions and as many germans until Berlin. Maybe 30-40 odd extra germans divs on the french front, but they were getting overwhelmed too (the french arrive in berlin before me). Lithuania ended with 80+ divs in Warsaw, obliterated in a few days - surrounded and no org.

Now we're in Nov 1940, Romania is my faithful puppet (err, client, of course), I've annexed Austria, and me and France roughly have half of germany each. I'll see how hard it is to conquer Iberia & Russia, but i guess it won't be too hard after the necessary preparations.

It seems to me that Lithuania got military control of Austria's forces (they had 250 divs at the breakthrough moment, vs 8 for austria), so this military control is a major reason of the defeat of the german bloc. Of course when you start redeployed 100+ divs, you're essentially killing the ORG of half of your army...

Besides, the AI doesnt have the strategic intelligence to understand the significance of the Russian DoW. Maybe you could give them an event with extra units in case of "Russian Backstab" ?

Imperial India was not a threat, despite being allied to Germany.

And finally, a comment on units :

No reason to build ARM (39) vs L-ARM (39) : the tiny increase in stats doesnt cover the cost increase
CL vs DD : DDs are 3 times cheaper, CLs are only slightly better in naval combat, worse vs SUBs. No point doing CLs

i love this mod

is there still work going in this?

usually i play as germany but today i had a fun game as the commune :D
i would love further delevopment

edit:
-played a game as germany, had much fun but it is troublesome not being able to claim provinces, it would help to clear some border issues in the balkans and with france
-also the border events after the fall of the commune (the events says that greece is defeated, should be fixed too) dont really work if imperial india is allied with germany
-imperial india is now the strongest country in the world, feels strange with germany doing the work
-i was not able to occupy the low lands and france (maybe because liberals are in power?)
-there should be invasion plans for the case scandinavia leaves HRE (or at least claim denmark)
-Iberia didnt joined the war, so it was very one sided and only a matter of time before i was winning, though the french did a good job at stalling me (maybe after the fall of rome, there should be invasion plans for the rest of france, claim it and if iberia dont give in, WAR)

Last edited: