• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First impression: Hands off from cheap wanna-be metal music. That`s okay for a wacky Youtube-video, but not for a strategy game.

Not sure what your point is to be honest. Getting the music wrong in a strategy game is one of the least important parts to be focusing on early on. Engine, UI, AI, Map layout, Unit balance, game smoothness, operating compatibility.... These are all sooooo much more important.

Hell you can replace the music files with ones of your own if you really want... takes about 45 seconds to do.... Replacing any of the above is a major mod and takes time and effort for something that might not work as intended because you don't have the code for the game.

Anyone applying until midday on Friday October 28th will be under consideration. Being early or late doesn't matter.

The QA team will select from this sample to represent a great variety of hardware and gaming interests (to mention two factors), so we get the best and most representative feedback. Our team dealing with the feedback is not large, so this will really be a closed, very limited beta. Thank you very much for your help.

As I understand it the biggest challenge of pc gaming is the huge variety of hardware and even different OS. I was surprised when the application didn't ask for my dxdiag report or even asked what model my graphic card is. Oh well, at least we are a long way past API wars so at least that is in common.

Yes, the variety is a big challenge indeed, even when we're using middleware that is pretty mature and supports most of the stuff that's out there.

A dxdiag report is a good idea for anyone reporting back graphics based issues, obviously. Oh well, I am getting ahead of myself here :)

Isn't it in your interest to provide guidelines to the feedback on the testing so that you won't get a "my game crashed" and "all my textures look weird" vague responses? In that case you wouldn't be getting ahead of yourself, but rather should provide a guideline for tester feedbacks.

Oh, and it would really help if we didn't get the normal game executable, but something more like... Sins of a solar empire is a good example with their dev exe that showed every mini-dump and even error that a game usually bypasses.

Does being a regular forum poster help your chances:) "crosses fingers"

Hell you can replace the music files with ones of your own if you really want... takes about 45 seconds to do.... Replacing any of the above is a major mod and takes time and effort for something that might not work as intended because you don't have the code for the game.

I know exactly what I'm putting in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AhdRm8EWCA

In the end, I didn't apply. Since it's a small beta, I didn't want to take spots from people who might be more active than I am. Plus I'm not really sure about the whole scripted missions aspect, I imagined this game to be a more open-ended grand strategy game set in the future and on the northern seas.

I liked Harpoon a lot so I'll be owning this game in the end. And you probably have more beta applications than you need already.

I'm going to miss you guys btw, when you get gagged from this forum by your NDAs. We were pretty active a community here for still an upcoming game. :)

That really depends on developers. They can make you disappear if they want to. ;-)

Anyway, good luck guys, and remember that every bug you miss will hurt MY gameplay...