• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Philippe of AGEOD/Paradox created a very detailed Rome-themed game that was very similar to EU: Rome but the publisher;Dreamcatcher if irc; didn't support it at all and it died a horrible death. Now that Philippe is on the inside of Paradox I am sure that there is a good posiblity that a Rome 2 will be released. Philippe has also said for a long time that he wanted to do a Rome game again. It would just make so much sense. I think the Clausewitz engine is perfect for this era. Maybe after NC 2. I think it would be even better if the game were to focus on a shorter time span than several hundred years. Something like EU: Rome vs Carthage running from 280 B. C.-200 B.C.

Actually rather than limiting the time frame I would actually like to see it expanded. Particularly backwards into the time of Alexander the Great, the preceding conflict between Athens and Sparta, and the conflict between Greece and Persia. While I claim no major expertise in these eras the technology, trade and "civilization" levels are really not that much different than the Roman era. Agree that the game technology now available vs when Rome I and its variants were designed has improved dramatically. Obviously another vote for Rome II.

I would love an Alexander/Greece/Persia game as well but I am not sure how well the game would work if they melded the two. Seems like it would lose some focus. Might work fine but I would rather have a separate Alexander/Greece/Persia game. I am sure that I would love whatever Ancient Era game they can come up with and I am very confident that we will eventually get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that there would be a very large chance of great variations in "history" if it started in an earlier era as is always the case with PI games. The question is would/could this variant really have happened based on economic and cultural conditions plus chance or is the intervention of a consistent "peerless" leader who lives for many centuries the decisive factor.

I would dearly love any game that captures the spirit of the period.

Folks, there are other threads on what you might like to see in Rome 2 . Leave this thread for 2.35 patch talk, thank you.

O LORD, bless this Thy 2.35 patch that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy.

And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats.

Works fine for me, the problem is at your end. Try a different browser maybe.

Hello,

I am very sad because it semms I'm the only one who cannot lauch the patch 2.35, I explain.

I used to play fine on the 2.32 version with the last epigoni mod. I saw a new patch for VV went out so I download it and try it.
But I soon as I lauch the game (VV box: start the game) with or without selecting the mod, the cpter says "rome.exe stop functioning try @ to solve your problem or close the program".
So I reinstalled the vanilla version up to 2.32 and it worked fine until I installed again the 2.35 version. What to do...
Do somebody have the same type of error?

I know it is a Beta and I would understand a crash while playing but not being able to even lauch it is very frustrating.
I am not here to blame anybody just to try to find a solution.

Thanks in advance

Please start a fresh thread in Tech Support, where we'll help you.

Is that it a token patch? The deaths icons bug me too much to play this now,just like the alliance issue before.

Were%u00252BStill%2BHere%2521.jpg

any reason I cannot access the link to the 2.36b beta?
Yes, you only have registered the expansion Rome:VV . Access to the extra forums only comes with registering the base game, either Rome or Rome Gold.