• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The war is becoming an ever-increasing nightmare for the Central Powers. Good, let them feel as if they're feeling the wrath of Satan for their sins. Victory is almost assured now, my friend. Keep it up. :)

I would suggest the rest of Poland and/or try to get Constantinople, if I remember correctly trying to retrieve it to the orthodoxy was one of the objectives of the Russian Empire.

@hygge0302: I have nothing to do with this, sorry) If the war finishes soon, I will demand Galizia, Bessarabia, Poland and maybe Eastern Prussia and Constantinople.
@SovietAmerika: Yes, it was so unexpected to see the British in Bratislava. Just like D-Day, but in 1915)
@Soulstrider: You're right, Holy City of Constantinople always was a constant Russian dream :)

By the way: Guys, I know that situation looks terrible for the Central Powers, this British landing in Croatia is going to be decisive. But I think that the Germans will manage to save the situation, and I have to say that I won't help the allies, if the situation in the Balkans becomes harsh. I'll stay in Poland and wait for a few time. I have some plans for this AAR and I'd like to have a war until 1917 of even 1918 :) So, AI is AI - if British manage to win the war, OK, but no help from the Tsar! :D

You could always stave the Bulgarians and Ottomans off until you want if Germany and Austria die in 1916. It'd be the perfect punishment for the Bulgarians.

Will an event for the Russian Revolution occur if your dissent is high enough/your war effort isn't too successful, or will it occur either way, regardless of your progress up to that point?

But if the latter, then I think your plans for sustaining the war to 1917 or 1918 might be very challenging indeed, trying to fund a two-front war. :O

Revolution is based mainly on dissent. Even if you have good war progress, but high dissent rate - bah - Hello Lenin! It also can fire when Germans occupy Moscow, Kiev or Petrograd, but I don't think they're able to do this. At the moment I don't worry about the revolution much :)

Greeks wont join as long as their king is around, he is a germany spy :p

anyway, i dont know how successfull will british-italain offensive be, but if it is, tsar will loose a lot of land... well, it is already, since cp wont have enough time to rebuild lost ic.

@Shock3r: I can't agree. In DH German AI is quite good, this British landing was very unexpected. In my previous AAR (based on HoI2 with 1914 mod) German AI sucked really - they couldn't do anything with me, but here they still control my Poland
@Deus Eversor: Well...Because of that I decided not to support them and just keep my fronts ;)

Well if you win easily the war, you can always create another war against the western allies, on the basis that the British would oppose Constantinople falling in the hands of the Russians,which they would certainly oppose in real life, after all they were always terrified of the Russian Black sea fleet starting to sail in the Mediterranean.

Im not really sure. The Central powers look to be in a very fragile position, but if they can crush/contain the southern offensive then they might be able to drag the war on a while. Either way, I think youll be able to win in the end. Good luck.

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire

scaled.php
Chapter Two: 1915
Part XVI: One more year of war

Orel dvuglavyi vysoko parit
I zorko sverhu na vragov glyadit,
Shirokie krylia raspravliaet on,
A pod nim, kak tuchi, shtykov million!

Pushki nashe delo, bystro podvezem
Ei, rebyata, smelo na vraga poidem!
Do upora budem na kartech' strelyat'
A shashkami sami sebya oboronyat'

Double-headed eagle hovers high
And he looks at our enemies strictly,
He spreads his wide wings
And there are millions of bayonets under him!

Guns are not a problem, we'll move them out
Hei, guys, attack the enemies bravely!
We'll kill them with our shrapnel
And when it ends, we'll fight with sabers!

Russian industry continued developing even during the war - the army needed more and more resources, so technology of mass production was very important for the military.

New industrial technologies of Russia

On 3 of October administration in France changed radically, Viviani cabinet was dissolved.

Western front at the moment of Viviani resignation

Meanwhile, massive Entente offensive in the south continued - by 3 of October Bavarian Alps were under Italian control - Regensburg was captured.

Italians in Regensburg

After 5 days, triumphant Russian armies entered Warsaw. Polish capital was again under the Tsar's banner. A lot of soldiers were awarded, many officers and generals got promotion and had a meeting with Nicholas II. Warsaw was Russian again, and it was a great victory, global success!

Ura! S nami Bog!

58.jpg

Nicholas II in liberated Warsaw, 12 of October

On 13 of October the USA decided not to be involved into the conflict. American troops could be very useful for crushing the Central powers...

America doesn't want to fight

On 23 of October Stavka ordered 21st and 9th Army Corps to attack Stanislawow, a city in Galizia. It was important to take that city - if Russian army took it, it would be able to cross Carpathian mountains and help the Balkan front, or even bring Romania to war!

Attack on Stanislawow

There were only 5 German and Austrian divisions in the city, and at the beginning the battle went well.

The battle, 25 of October

Meanwhile, first serious naval battle in the Black sea occurred. Austrian fleet, trying to save itself from the British raiding in Adriatica, decided to move to the Turkish ports. Austrians knew about Black sea fleet, so they planned an engagement. On 28 of October two Austrian squadrons together with Turkish gunboat groups attacked Russian fleet. The battle began. Fight was hard and long, and Austrian victory was pyrrhic - Austro-Hungary lost a lot of ships and she didn't have any resources to restore it. But for Russia it was a catastrophe too - Imperial Black sea fleet was nearly destroyed (and modern battleships Imperatritsa Maria and Poltava too). So, both fleets were too damaged to declare victory...

Disastrous draw in the Black sea

Russian navy losses:
Battleships: Imperatritsa Maria, Evstafi, Poltava, Rostislav
Light Cruisers: Pamiat Merkuria
Destroyers: 6 and 7 flotillas
Transporsts: 11 and 12 flotillas

Austro-Hungarian navy losses:
Battleships: SMS Teggethoff, SMS Erzherzog Franz Ferdinand
Heavy cruisers: SMS Kaiserin Maria Theresia, SMS Sankt Georg
Light cruisers: SMS Schwarzenberg, SMS Zenta
Destroyers: 6 flotilla

After such heavy casualties neither Russian, nor Austrian fleet could operate in the Black sea...

0_150ce_b735d16c_L.jpg

Death of SMS Tegetthoff

By 24 of November the battle for Stanislawow seemed to be won for the Russian army. The Austrians had only one division left in the city.

Battle for Stanislawow, joint Russo-Japanese operation

In that battle Japanese soldiers from Eastern expeditionary corps fought really brave, and lots of them got Russian medals and crosses for courage in the battle, while their commander participated in the planning. After that battle, there were no major operation in the Eastern front - the Russians were waiting for the Entente in the Balkans. Only on 30 of December Russian armies continued marching, and their first target was Eastern Prussian city of Torun.

Battle of Torun: the Russians are massively outnumbering their enemies

The battle was long, and New Year was met by Russian soldiers in their trenches. 1916 began with fire, blasts and screams. The Great war was still very far from the end...

The second year of war ended

1915 Strategic overview

130px-Flag_of_the_German_Empire.svg.png

German front:
In 1915 Russian operations in Polish and East-Prussian fronts were mostly successful. Germany was a strong and clever opponent, but their blitzkrieg in Poland was finally stopped, and Russians managed to start their own counteroffensives, which were later called "Polish reconquest". Together with this, Russian commanders brilliantly invaded Eastern Prussia, taking strategic Baltic ports, infrastracture and industrial centers and event "second capital" of Germany - Koenigsberg!

The biggest victory: Reconquest of Warsaw
The biggest defeat: 2nd battle of Biyalostok

The most successful commander:

General Zabelin, assistant of general Evert (commander of the Polish front), talented and skillful commander, took a lot of Polish provinces and Warsaw. He made some mistakes (for example, didn't manage to take Warsaw first time), but in 1915 he was a symbol of Russian counteroffensive.

130px-Flag_of_Austria-Hungary_1869-1918.svg.png

Austro-Hungarian front:

In the beginning of 1915 the Russians were in dangerous situation, when their offensive in Galizia was stopped and most of Galizian armies were encircled. But Russian military talent and heroic resistance of soldiers saved the situation. In Galizia there were no major successes or disasters in 1915 - Russian army captured only one city, Tarnow and started fighting for Stanislawow. Main task for the Russian corps in Galizia is to break through Carpathian mountains.

The biggest victory: 5th battle of Tarnow
The biggest defeat: 4th battle of Tarnow

General Brusilov again. He wasn't a top-rank commander, but all his operations were successful, while his superiors - Berkhman and Ivanov - made a lot of mistakes (even at Tarnow, when the Russians had to fight twice for the town). So, this talented commander had a lot of things to do.

130px-Ottoman_Flag.svg.png

Turkish front:

Stalemate - only this word can characterize Caucasian front. Absolutely stuck in the mountains, Russian troops couldn't invade Anatolia in 1914. Things were the same a year later. Turks fought only in the Black sea - and their fleet was totally annihilated by the Russians. However, Austrian fleet achieved a pyrrhic victory against admiral Ebergard, and Black sea fleet lost 80% of its vessels - only 4 battleships and 1 submarine squadron left

The biggest victory: No major
The biggest defeat: No major

Admiral Andrei Ebergard, commander of the Black sea fleet. He defeated the Turks many times and crushed their supplying lines, but against the Austrian navy his fleet was too small. Anyway, for the Austrians that battle in Black sea became a disaster too, so without any major land operations admiral Ebergard considered to be the most successful commander of Caucasus front.

The war will continue in 1916
Waiting for your comments
Next update: November, 18

Last edited:
A shame about your losses in the Black Sea, but victory seems almost certain against the Central Powers. You'll be in Berlin by the end of 1916.

@Wombats O' War: A shame, yes. But I have some thing that makes me smile - I have enough resources to build a new fleet, while the Austrians don't, and I lost only 1/4 of my navy, while the Austrians lost 60% of their and all battleships. So, this catastrophical draw seems to be Russian tactical victory. But my naval operations in the Black sea should be stopped - with these 4 battleships, where only 1 is modern and 1 is too old I can't fight properly :(

No! My beautiful flagship Tegetthoff!

:D

Nice job, keep it up bro. You'll need those new battleships once research is completed. And make sure you take Przemsyl, it's ugly just poking out there ;)

Shall I go get Kaiser Wilhelm's helmet for you to ear a victory dinner on, my Tzar? :D

Just caught up, I love your imperial Russian AARs. Too bad that WW1 scenario in DH starts so late, I miss Imperial Zenith from 1914 mod.