• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No fakt, w języku rosyjskim nie ma "królestwa", ale jest za to "król" - "korol", mój błąd

z samom dyelye, w ruskamu yazyku nie budiet "koroliestwa", no budiet "korol", mayu oshibka

Indeed, there is no "kingdom" in russian, but there is "king" - "korol", my bad

well when i man looses his purpose/or witnesses his failure, he stops taking proper care of himself, whic hleads to sickness and probably death - this is a mental suicide, but still a suicide.

Actually, Russians have a word "korolevstvo" like kingdom, but it was never used for Russian countries, only with foreign ones. So you're right, because "Tsar" and "King" are synonyms.

Probably. Our dialogue is too far away from the AAR and ate a whole page, so let's stop here :D By the way it was interesting talk, thanks)

Next update will be posted on Wednesday.

@Old Joe: I probably found who will vote for KPRF in December :D
heheey, oww, you got my enthusiasm very wrong :) for the matter of civil war - cleansing from red plague is more believable alternative, than just some reforms. They must be calmed with blood!! heh. And that is how i often play. And it adds a little challenge. And for the matter of transform-to-ussr game - it might be just more... contentfull to edit your enddate and continue after 20th with new threats. If one willing to do, of course. but that should include mods, so anyway. Waiting for update :)

Last edited:
Early Cold War perhaps?

Update will be today. But in the evening, when I get home, because I've suddenly realized that there are no screenshots left on the imageshack.

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire

scaled.php
Chapter Four: 1917
Part XXIV: Our flag waves

Vzveites', sokoly, orlami
Polno gore gorevat'
To li delo pod shatrami
V pole lagerem stoyart'.

Tam, edva zarya nastanet
Stroi pekhotnyi zakipit,
Barabanom v nebo gryanet
I shtykami zablestit.

Slava matushke-Rossiye,
Slava russkomy tsaryu,
Slava vere pravoslavnoi,
I soldatu-molodcu.

Falcons, fly like eagles
Stop being sad
It's not like to stand
Under a tent in the camp

There, at the dawn
Infantry line would wake up
The drum would strike in the sky
The bayonets would start shining.

Glory to Mother-Russia,
Glory to the Russian Tsar,
Glory to the Orthodox faith,
And to a brave soldier.

Russian offensives in spring didn't go well. There were a lot of reasons for it - Central Powers mobilized everything they had to save their countries. Russian soldiers were tired and started losing the battle initiative. One more fault at Chust caused one more defeat in Carpathians...

Turkish soldiers keep Chust Austrian

Brusilov wasn't impressed at all - both Western and Galizian fronts didn't manage to break through the enemies' trenches - all assaults were stopped. These failures of Russian army gave the Austrians a good opportunity for a comeback - Stavka suddenly realized that Russo-Romanian border, that was captured by the Austrians, were defended only by Japanese volunteers. Troops of Odessa Military District and 5th Army Corps had to be immediately transferred to Bessarabia.

The Russians are trying to spoil Austrian gambit

Western front had other objectives. Separate offensive on Stolp and Deutsch-Krone failed, so general Ewert offered another plan - to attack Deutsh-Krone from two points. Combined power of 33 divisions would certainly convert into the success...

Joint attack on Deutsh-Krone

140.jpg

Brusilov in Stavka with one of the ministers

On 4 of April Deutsh-Krone fell. At the same moment Austrians tried to capture Tarnow (which was accidentally without any defense), but the Russians pushed them out very soon.

Another victory in Eastern Prussia

399876.jpeg

Russian cartoon dedicated to victory at Deutsh-Krone.

After Deutsh-Krone Stolp had no chances to stand, on 6 of April 42 divisions of Russian Imperial Army stormed the city, broke the fortification lines and started city-fighting.

2nd battle of Stolp - Russian victory seems to be inevitable

Russian Army always was famous because of its engineers - during Napoleonic Wars Russian Engineer Corps was probably the most modern and capable. But during the Great War Russian engineers (who had to do a lot of work in trenches, with machines and planes) had outdated equipment. The Tsar was a fan of engineering himself, so he ordered to create new modern devicec for them.

The Tsar's request

Three days passed and Stolp's garrison capitulated. The fortress was finally in Russian hands - now Russian Imperial Army had only three cities before Berlin - Stavka had three routes for that: Stolp-Stettin-Frankfurt-on-Oder-Berlin or Poznan-Meseritz-Frankfurt-on-Oder-Berlin. These two routes were debatable, though.

Stolp is captured

118260313.jpg

Stolp is close, guys!

So, with these two cities taken, the situation changed a bit.

April 1917, frontlines of Europe - Entente success against Germany, Romania is close to death, Russia gets one more front in Bessarabia (hopefully the Austrians hadn't try to cross the border yet)

So, the Great Day came. By 16 of April strategic plans of General Offensive were prepared by Brusilov and Alexeev. Stavka had a session of great importance. All corpse, army and front commanders were there together with the Tsar and crown prince. Brusilov had a 3-hour report about his offensive. And after that he shake everybody's (except the Emperor of course) hand and said: "Good luck, gentlemen. We have to succeed". The plot of new offensive (mostly designed by Alexeev) was simple and brilliant. Russian army had to use properly all her might to push the front westwards. One army group "Sever" ("North") attacked Stettin. Another one - "Yug" ("South") had to reach Breslau.

New Alexeev's operation, Russian general offensive

16.jpg

Russian army corps marching

The battles of Oppeln and Stettin began together. Russian armies in both battles were led by skillful and capable commanders - for example, Oppeln operation was under Zabelin's command. Russins totally outnumbered their enemies...

We are going to win!

On 21 of April the Austrians made their move - they entered Russian territory and captured Moldavian town of Cahul. Romanian army's performance was just awful - Serbia and Montenegro had less chances to survive, but they fought brilliantly. Romanians didn't.

Bad news - we have no troops to secure our southern flank! All these damn Rommies...

Russian reinforcements were quite far from the battlefield - for example, 5th Army Corps was in Kamenets, when Cahul was invaded.

You'd better hurry, general Savvich

But Stavka had bright news too - on 23 of April Stettin fell!

Russian triumph at Stettin

The war continues
Waiting for your comments
Next update: December, 2

Last edited:
It would be ironic if you got the Revolution while standing in the gates of Berlin... But there shall be no Miracle of the House of Hohenzollern, Russia shall prevail! :D

@Ivir Baggins: It's my house rule - I never do military control. In WW1 it was absolutely impossible, even now, when all connections between Russia and Romania are breaken. ;)
@Jedrek: I've already survived February Revolution, and probably October one :)

Berlin really is close now. Pity about Romania showing just how bad AI can be, but at least you should be able to take Berlin if you keep up the current push.

Berlin is so close I can practically taste it! Great stuff; maybe I should actually play some Darkest Hour again!

If Germany peaces out, is the war over, or would the new leader of the Central Powers be another country?

Do you have a house rule against strategic redeployments and using all of your IC?

I really wish 1917 had paratroopers. It'd be epic win to just spam them and land in undefended Berlin.

Go Russian Empire! I sense that if Berlin falls you can easily defeat the Austrians, the whole front is open then, and a lot of nice new puppets in Central Europe!!! (have you thought about postwar developments already, I know it is early to say this but... :p)

Tim

I am surprised that given just how badly the Germans are doing that they have not surrendered yet. I also find it somewhat funny and ironic that of the Central Powers, the one that is performing the best is the Austro-Hungarian Empire!

Good updates. Looks like the Russian Empire is well on the way to victory over the Central Powers.