+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire

Might you consider making a sequel to this AAR, set in the Second World War?
    THE CHANNEL TUNNEL DOES NOT WORK!

@Jedrek, @talt: I'll probably write...let's see what other readers will say By the way, this part is finished. Maybe, next week will be started with a sequel

Darkest HourHearts of Iron III

At last, Russia is victorious. It took a lot blood, sweat, and tears, but the Russian Empire now stands tall and proud above its broken enemies.

Congratulations on your victory, and the new Russian era you have achieved.
    In Defense of Freedom, A US Kaiserreich AAR Complete. Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 15th, 2010
    Rebirth of the Japanese Empire, A Japan MDS 1.6 AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, February 5th, 2012
    The Return of The King: A Canadian KaiserReich DH AAR Complete, Awarded Darkest HeAARt Award, April 2014
    The Dual Monarchy at War A 1914 Austria-Hungary DH AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 9th, 2014
    Awarded WritAAR of the week: February 14th, 2010

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries
    There should be a sequel, Maybe Russia vs. the world, with the end result being that Russia become the only superpower and assumes global hegemony.
    HoI2Geek/IEPH, The Greatest Man in the Universe

My Mods and AARs (currently active): IG(Mod), PNW II(Mod), RotE - tRB(AAR)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

"Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makararating sa paroroonan."(One who does not learn to look back to where he came from, will never get to where he is going.) -Filipino proverb

I'll think about it. Next update (planned on Tuesday or Wednesday) would be about the most important people of WW1, and after that this AAR would be finished. At the moment I'd like to try something new - maybe KR AAR or EU3 AAR, but I'd also like to play Russia after 1918 and even try to fight in WW2!

Field Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by History_Buff View Post
    So you are talking about an internal arrangement and not releasing Poland as a puppet. If that is the case, it makes a lot more sense. Russia would NEVER have given Poland up willingly, even by releasing it as a puppet. IIRC, Russia lost 40% of its population in OTL when it lost Ukraine, Poland, Belarus. However, I do not know how much of that population lived where and much of that land, minus a large chunk of Poland, was latter retaken by the Soviets. However, I would assume a sizeable amount of that lost population lived in Poland. The only way I could see Russia even considering releasing a puppet Poland would be if threatened with a massive Polish revolt.
    Tzarist russia had shown that revolt is no way in gaining more freedom, every time we did that, they came at us hard, many ran to galizia, but now without galizia, it is just impossible for any staged revolt, even if, a full scale crackdown would occur, as weren world calls it more literarly, "sh*t would hit the fan"...

Well, GG, but i hate those dh events, i once played, taken it all, desired it all, was in no mood for sharing, and then an event with no possibility to oppose, all my gains wasted. seriously, i would expect russia to actually take all of anatolia if francuk (or ukfrance) would take away middle east form me. i just hate it.

btw, are those number real? becasue it would mean you have ~1500 divisions :O

They are real, taken from WW1 statistics In game a had less than 300 divisions, so actually I had about 300,000 soldiers, but for the Russian empire it's not possible to have such small army. Game is game, common sense is common sense

Field Marshal

ahahaha maybe your divisions had 50k men? ;-) meh, well russia had a long front line to be manned late war in rl, but here you could have yoused yourown statistics, you obivously didnt had to use 15mln men but say 5mln that most of were were replacements for the original 300k (1mln lets say ;-) )

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Falconette View Post
    They are real, taken from WW1 statistics In game a had less than 300 divisions, so actually I had about 300,000 soldiers, but for the Russian empire it's not possible to have such small army. Game is game, common sense is common sense
    Each division is 10000 men, not 1000.
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

@Ivir Baggins: Oh, of course, sorry) So, not about 300,000 (1000 is a regiment or small brigade) but 3,000,000

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

Keep going!

Wonderful work with Germany and A-H.
    Mohammad Khan Qajar, Leader of the Qajar Tribe and future Shah of Persia, in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1778
    His Imperial Majesty Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany and King of Prussia, in KeldoniaSkylar's A Question of Power
    [18:32:01] <etranger01> At best I can hope for Lesser Satan status
    [21:25:41] <Frymon-[Mailbox]> Obama's policy abroad is like sitting in a corner eating glue
    [21:03:21] <RedNomNoms> Johnson is indeed good at Johnsoning

Any ideas on what your next AAR will be? I loved this one so I'll defiantly follow the next.

@Haze340: Firstly, I'll take a break for a week or so. And then I'll decide what to do - continue this AAR or to start another one (maybe on EU3 ). So, if you have ideas what would be better, please propose, you're welcome

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Id love to see you write another AAR or continue this one. You manage to get the right mix of gameplay and textbook style that I like.
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

Darkest Hour

Suomen tasavalta - Republiken Finland - Финляндская Республика - Finlândiä Respublikası - Republic of Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Each division is 10000 men, not 1000.
    In DH 1 manpower is 1,000 soldiers. Each infantry division consists of 13 manpower when full-strength.

Nice AAR, by the way, at least the finale. How I could have missed this? I have to read it thoroughly.
    Mikael "Miihkali" Tuominen — Darkest Hour - a 1914-1963 grand strategy game

Hyborian Age Mod — a DH fantasy mod set in the world of Conan the Barbarian.

Check out my AAR: USSR + USA vs. world: Superpowers gone wild II.

See me conquering Asia - as Afghanistan! (Also recruiting existed, back to good ol' 2007.)

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries
    I want you to continue this AAR, and let Russia go for world hegemony (like in my AAR)
    HoI2Geek/IEPH, The Greatest Man in the Universe

My Mods and AARs (currently active): IG(Mod), PNW II(Mod), RotE - tRB(AAR)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

"Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makararating sa paroroonan."(One who does not learn to look back to where he came from, will never get to where he is going.) -Filipino proverb

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

A fitting end to an entertaining AAR!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

I cast my vote for continuing this
    Fan of the Week: 5/2/10

"Those who do not know the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them"
    "It is good that war is so terrible or we would grow to fond of it" Robert E. Lee
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Napoleon Bonaparte
    "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap" Napoleon Bonaparte
    My First AAR:Last Bastion of Freedom : The US alone against the Fascist Worldresumed
    My second AAR Rise of the Mecklenburg Empire

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Great AAR, can't wait for you next one
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

If you start a new one, please make it a continuation of this one. It'd be very lovely to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast