+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire

@Avindian: If Germany loses the war Austria-Hungary takes the rule.
    @Dachspmg: Strange things with redeployment. I'd like to use it, but I CAN'T! I've already learned Logistics 1914 (which allows Strategic Redeployment), but I simply don't have this option! About IC - what's wrong with it?
    @Deus Eversor: Sounds good, but I need glory!
    @SovietAmerika: Yeah, it would be so sweet
    @Timmie0307: Plans? Oh yes, I have some! But I'll tell about it later - at the moment the war isn't finished.
    @KotoR45: Funny question, I don't actually know!
    @Kaiser_Mobius: Well, in 1914-1916 Austria-Hungary was the main loser of CP, why not to be competent in 1917, when the roles had switched?

Everybody, thanks for comments, next update will be posted tomorrow
    Contributor of KR and DH teams
    Also somewhat developer of Turning Point

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Falconette View Post
    @Dachspmg: Strange things with redeployment. I'd like to use it, but I CAN'T! I've already learned Logistics 1914 (which allows Strategic Redeployment), but I simply don't have this option! About IC - what's wrong with it?
    Weird. I haven't played a Russia 1914 game, but I have played an A-H one, and they redeploy just fine.

Your IC, in most pictures, is not being fully utilized. You usually have about 40 IC of slack that you're not using, which, it seems to me, would be extremely valuable for suppressing dissent.
    Ah yes, "Vandals". The invincible race of warriors and pirates allegedly occupying Africa. We have dismissed that claim.

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

You need to have researched Mobilisation.
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire

Chapter Four: 1917
    Part XXV: The twilight of Germany

Kak nyne
    Sbiraetsya
    Veschiy Oleg
    Otmstit nerazumnym khazaram

Ih sela
    I nivy
    Za buinyi nabeg
    Obrek on mechom i pozharom

Remember how
    Was preparing
    Oleg the Wise
    To revenge the Khazars

Their villages
    And fields
    For their raids
    Were under fire and sword

On 30 of April Russian troops entered Breslau. Silesia was in Russian hands!

Soldiers of Moscow Military District in Breslau

General Rediger, who won the battle of Breslau

Waldenburg, German last strong point in Western Poland, was going to fall too, 31 divisions of general Berkhman knew what to do with the Germans.

Central Powers lose the battle of Waldenburg

Losing of Breslau caused panic in Germany - Kaiser was becoming more and more unpopular amongst his citizens. By the way, Austrian cunning counter-attack, that gave them Przemysl, failed, and they left the town after only a week of control. These moves of Austrian army were well-prepared, but hopeless - Russian army in Galizia was simply bigger than their.

Breslau is lost, Przemysl too

When Waldenburg was captured, Russian army gained an opportunity to save Romania. Austrians had extremely powerful army in Northern Romania - 40 divisions. Actually, it was all their military might. And the Russians had a difficult task to:
    a) Save 2 Romanian divisions from death in Bacau pocket
    b) Defeat outnumbering Austrian forces
    c) Secure and liberate Romanian territory

With only 12 divisions (they were taken from Przemysl, and the Austrians managed to capture it, but for only a week) it wasn't easy to do. Romanian front didn't have HQ, and that worsened the situation.

Romanian front: 7th, 9th and 21st Army Corps attack Suceava

"Russian Cossacks in Romania" by V. Belovsky, 1917

On the other front, in Prussia, everything was ready for the offensive. 42 divisions - a fantastic mass of soldiers, guns, armored cars and airplanes - were ready to strike. Brusilov decided to start the operation immediately when all corps got equipment and ammunition. On 5 of May it began...The main offensive's point was to take Frankfurt-on-Oder and besiege Berlin, but Brusilov also ordered to take Meseritz to prevent the Russian army from encirclement. The plan was good and now it was the right moment to try it...

"Operation Eagle", Russian offensive in May of 1917

Russian 1917 poster about "the last step to Berlin"

Two days later the French captured Bielefield, one more German city. Kaiser lost initiative, his armies were falling back day by day...

Frontlines in May of 1917 - Germany is close to full-scale collapse, Austria keeps fighting, Romania improved the situation a bit with Russian support

Russian assaults were tragically successful, Central Powers were shocked and didn't know where to defend - their frontlines were torn everywhere from the gates of Berlin to Northern Romania. Defeats were nearly inevitable at Frankfurt-on-Oder, Krakow, Meseritz, Nowy Sasz, Suveava and Waldenburg.

Russian current battles

Five days later general Atabekov, commander of 10th Army Corps got a message from the intelligence, that Carpathian mountains weren't defended - all Austrian soldiers were redeployed to Romania. He tried to use that chance.

Chust was stormed brutally 4 times - and now it's without any garrison!

Another action against Austria-Hungary was at Krakow - this ancient Polish city was defended by only one Turkish division, led by Mustafa Kemal-pasha.

Markov's 11th Corps in the battle of Krakow

Russian artillery near Krakow

In Romanian front general Savvich defeated Austro-Hungarian army near Iasi. Austrian pocket had a chance to become a Russian pocket!

May, 17. Interesting situation in Romania

On the same day Waldenburg was taken by general Berkhman. Southern Poland was under Russian occupation, German losses were terrible.

Victorious operation in Southern Poland

In the West the allies made a decisive step - Essen and Stuttgart were captured, German army was in agony, it ran out of supplies, soldiers started rebelling against their commanders. German Grosses Generalstab finally understood that they would never be able to make one more wonder like "Operation Heinrich" in 1916, when they pushed their enemies from German borders and Austrian territory. General tried to force Kaiser to sign a peace treaty, but the German Emperor didn't listen - he decided to fight till the last soldier...

Panic retreat in Western Germany

Italians also used the situation in a right way - with so many Austrian troops fighting in Romania Italian front was defended by militia and Ottoman expeditionary forces. The Italians and French retook Udino from their enemies.

The control is regained

On 20 of May the battle of Meseritz was won - Guard Corps of general von Val triumphantly entered the surrendered city.

The occupation of Meseritz

The battle for Frankfurt was close to end, too. The Germans had 19 divisions to fight, but the Russian army had 42. The victory was very, very close!

They will be defeated soon!

The war continues
    Waiting for your comments
    Next update: December, 3
    Last edited by Falconette; 02-12-2011 at 16:27.

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries
    Very soon, the Central Powers will surrender. I'm guessing you would go to war against the rest of the Entente.
    HoI2Geek/IEPH, The Greatest Man in the Universe

My Mods and AARs (currently active): IG(Mod), PNW II(Mod), RotE - tRB(AAR)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

"Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makararating sa paroroonan."(One who does not learn to look back to where he came from, will never get to where he is going.) -Filipino proverb

@hoi2geek: Just why? Well, I don't know to continue this AAR after the enemies' capitulation or not (a question to readers - should I?), but my primary task would be to return Southern Sakhalin and Kuriles from Japan - by diplomacy or force I can't find a reason for the Tsar to start another global war when he has to stabilize his own war-torn empire

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

I say you annex Prussian and Austrian Poland and possibly East Prussia. Then, you should write an event chain, if possible and practical, that either has you develop a rivalry with the other Entente powers if Germany is utterly crushed and unable to constitute a real threat or, conversely, have Germany rearm, similiar to what really happened, but possibly with the Kaiser still in power. This is because IIRC, one of the key factors that caused the revolution that toppled the Kaiser is that the Americans demanded the Germans democratize in order to have peace. This led the German people to believe that as long as the Kaiser remained in power, they would not be able to make peace. I myself cannot see the Autocratic Russians making or allowing such a demand.
    Fan of the Week: 5/2/10

"Those who do not know the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them"
    "It is good that war is so terrible or we would grow to fond of it" Robert E. Lee
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Napoleon Bonaparte
    "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap" Napoleon Bonaparte
    My First AAR:Last Bastion of Freedom : The US alone against the Fascist Worldresumed
    My second AAR Rise of the Mecklenburg Empire

Darkest HourMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

World conquest!

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k club

In addition to taking Galicia, Posen and East Prussia, Russia should make Austria accept Serbian and Romanian demands.
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

My thoughts on peace:

Germany is a impudent scoundrel of a nation, and very dangerous. Russia should liberate the peoples of Poland and West and East Prussia so that they may be protected from their clearly insane government.
    Germany should be made to disarm, and turn their fleet over to Russia and then scrapped or put into service.
    Germany should be made to pay damages to Russia covering all war and repair costs.
    Germany should be made to accept full guilt for this war, clearly it is their fault.

Austria Hungary should be allowed to remain, but their Polish lands, Slovakia and the Carpathians should be annexed to Russia, for the protection of the people living in these areas.
    Austria Hungary should be made to grant all Serb and Romanian demands.
    Their navy should be turned over to Russia and then scrapped or put into service.
    Austria Hungary should also accept full guilt, and pay reperations.

The Ottomans should be forced to grant Russia control of Constantinople and their european possessions, they should also cede territory on the Causcus border.
    The Holy Land should be liberated and placed under the protection of the Russian Tsar.
    The Ottomans must pay reperations.
    Their navy too should be disposed off.

Above all, it is important that Russia be rightly rewarded for its near single handed victory over the Central Powers, and that the Central Powers be rendered incapable of any form of aggression in the future.

/end "Central Powers must die!" mode.

As for the future, I would like to see you continue and retake Russian lands in asia, perhaps even carve some territory out of China, Afghanistan or Persia. The UK wouldnt like this however, so perhaps you could end up with a UK, Japan, Portugal and China V Russia, France, Romania, Yugoslavia war?
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

Wow, really interesting proposals for capitulation texts, thanks everybody By the way, AFAIK capitulation events are scripted ingame, so I wouldn't be able to make all these demands Anyway, they are very logical and I'll try to manually claim some of them.

P.S. I think that all these proposals mean that you'd like to read my AAR even after 1918?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

@DoomBunny: Very good proposals, surely such harsh terms will make the central powers incapable of ever rising again, truly nothing bad will ever come from them, right?

@Falconette: I wouldn't mid that at all
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

I agree with the peace event. Show them bastards Hell!

Also, it'd be interesting to see a Bolshevik Revolution win in Germany. The irony would be so delicious.

Well, I guess you can always manually edit the events or save game so that you can create terms that you like.

Either way, Id love to see a post WW1 Tsarist Russia.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I will join my voice to those who want to see things continue; I love alternate history, and the idea of Russia winning and not becoming the USSR is one of my favorites, maybe even become a democracy! Ambivalent towards a war with the Entente, but regardless, I say onward and upward!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Field Marshal

grey - our, present borders
    red - former borders 1914
    blue - new borders 1918
    pink - borders of grandduchies
    *notice that: more silesia and prussia to polish g.duchy, more eustrian slovenia to croatia, more of bulgaria to serbia and romania, also notice blue dots who mark teritory that would be given to greece if it had the guts to join... Konstantinople for Russia, galipoli for uk.

i propose such partitioning, new borders + puppetization/personal union if possible, Everyone gets what they want, should be happy, yet situation in germany could poses a staging point for a new conflict among former allies (hihihi cold war interbellum) The Tzar and Kaizer of Slavs and Germans, will want to reunite germany, just liek he did with slavs?
    Austria under italy will be porbably too weak to oppose diplomatic pressure from Russia and abolish italian king in favor of Tzar-Kaiser. Bayern, obviously more traditional and monarchic than France will hate the republic and after austria had fallen, will follow. So if those two follow, Westafallen will have no other choice but do the same.
    Former allies should be trully pissed off by this and new imperial war is ready to go

besides its obvious that personally united countries of russia, will at some point be annexed into motherland (f*CK YEAH!)
    Last edited by Deus Eversor; 02-12-2011 at 23:30.

@Deus Eversor: Bah, just great! Absolutely awesome work I'm so sorry that I can't create something like that because of ingame events, but I promise to make the situation maximally interesting. Thanks for your proposals very much, let's see what I can do when the war is finished!

Field Marshal

THX!

I also would propose a fitting standard for annexations,
    countries wil level of kingdom or higher will become grand duchies (except konigsreich of preussen whose konig is Tzar and Kaiserreich of Germania as its Kaiser is obviously the Tzar)
    countries below the level of kingdom will become duchies - thus not mentionable on international maps
    republics... hmh, open to suggestions, it would probably be simply a puppet with a higher annexation time, but i would call it a grand duchy

Crusader Kings II500k club

I thought I'd let you know that I feel you have done marvelously and that currently this AAR is by far my favorite.

I couldn't help but notice that some of the above users have gone a bit far with their peace proposals (esp concerned with Balkanising Germany and the Ottomon Empire), as far as I'm concerned the weakest of the Central Powers seems to have been Germany with Austria and the OE actually fighting off the other allies and you pretty well and I hope this will be borne in mind when the time for a epilogue comes.

However, once again I think this is a marvelous AAR and I commend you on it. Well done. Its a jolly good piece of work.
    Your life is your life donít let it be clubbed into dank submission.
    Be on the watch there are ways out.
    You canít beat death but you can beat death in life, sometimes.
    And the more often you learn to do it the more light there will be.
    Your life is your life.
    Know it while you have it.
    The gods wait to delight in you.

Darkest HourMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Simply Amazing! Although i'd like too see how post war events will play out....
    I'm Here for the Intensity, oh, and the Interactive AARs. Also, one cant get enough of Kaisereich stuff. Oh! and i'm also here for the, you know what, nervermind, I think you get the point.
    Currently representative for Beijing and Chinese Youtn Party canidate for Prime Minister Shang Tsung in Ab Ovo's new IAAR http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ctive-Qing-AAR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast