• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have to say, I don't really understand your tactics - using "attack" instead of "support attack" to create holes in your line especially - but I suppose that's probably intentional. Fun read, it's nice to see something that isn't a litany of "rape rape rape annex annex annex".

@Dachspmg: I use the tactics that similar to real Russian tactics during the Great war, something like a roleplay)
@TheConqueror: Many thanks :)

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire

scaled.php
Chapter Two: 1915
Part X: Minor sucesses

Slav'sya, slav'sya, Rodina — Rossiya!
Skvoz' veka i grozy ty proshla
I siyayet Solnce nad toboyu
I sud'ba tvoya svetla.

Nad starinnym Moskovskim Kremlem
Vjetsya znamya s dvuglavym orlom
I zvuchat svyaschennye slova:
Slav'sya, Rus' - Otchizna moya!

Glory, glory to our Motherland - Russia!
You came through the centuries and the storms
And the Sun shines above you
And your destiny is bright

Over ancient Moscow Kremlin
The banner with double-headed eagle wavers
And I can hear the holy words:
Glory to Rus', my Fatherland!

On 13 of February the Tsar received terrible news - Bulgaria, Russian friend and ally for ages decided to join Central Powers. Bulgarian Tsar wanted to gain some Serbian lands and forgot about his religion and brotherhood with Serbia and Russia. This ally could also transfer his free divisions to Galizia...

What a shame for an Orthodox country!

After a few days Russian Black sea fleet attacked a Turkish convoy, but the Ottomans fled to the port, no ships were sunk.

Victory? Probably

On 19 of February Russian counter-offensive in Galizia, led by Brusilov, went on - Austrians took heavy casualties without normal air recon.

Galizian counteroffensive operation, 19 of February

Next target of Brusilov was the city of Tarnopol - Austrians and Germans had only two divisions in that province - in the Western front Russian allies started their own offensive, and all CP forces were moved their to save the day.

Attack on Tarnopol

219.jpg

Russian gun near Tarnopol - without enough ammo these guys don't have a lot of work

By 24 of February the enemies had to retreat. Tarnopol was "cleaned".

Victory at Tarnopol

On 1 of March the Russians under command of HM Grand Duke Michael managed to take the city of Lomza in Poland. It was first Polish town that the Russians took back from the Germans - it was unexpected by German HQ.

Hoorah!

198.jpg

Russian soldiers in captured Lomza

After taking Lomza Russian armies took 4th attempt to take Biyalostok back.

Japanese expeditionary forces also take part in the operation

The battle of Biyalostok was furious - the Russians fought as brave as they could, but 8 German divisions defeated them. The city (it was 70%-destroyed by Russian and German artillery) didn't surrender.

Biyalostok, 15 of March

374.jpg

German artillery, Biyalostok

Two days later, the offensive in Eastern Prussia started again - Russian army attacked besieged Koenigsberg, German "second capital". The Tsar and Commander-in-Chief HM Nicholas personally visited von Val's HQ before the battle.

Fight for Koenigsberg!

Together with attack on Koenigsberg the Russians tried to invade Anatolia once again.

Caucasus front

324.jpg

Russian cavalry artillerists in the Caucasus

Tarnopol was finally captured by 9th and 21st Army Corps. Austrian march in Galizia was stopped.

Tarnopol, Russian once again

332.jpg

Galizian trenches

Russian successes impressed the Entente command, because in the Western front everything was hopeless.

371.jpg

Russian generals, who managed to break the front in February-March of 1915

The war continues
Waiting for your comments
Sorry once again :happy:
Next update: November, 6

You seem to have stabalised the early German thrust, but it looks as though Serbia might now be in a very tricky spot with Bulgaria attacking them. Any hope for getting Romania to join you?

Just curious, with so many military victories on the ground, are you going to try and pursue somewhat of a naval building program and get more dreadnoughts in order to somewhat compete with the High Seas Fleet?

Great progress so far btw :D

Difficult question, thanks :) My fleet was badly damaged in Danzig bay, but it showed its power, and German naval losses were heavier. At the moment, my dreadnought-building program is almost finished, but I plan to build more vessels...anyway, I think that they won't be ready before the war ends, so at the moment my main naval theater is Black sea, where the Ottomans should be an easy prey :laugh:

P.S. I'm thinking of building more submarines and attacking German convoys. My subs don't seem to be obsolete or outdated

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire

scaled.php
Chapter Two: 1915
Part XI: The third front

Iz-za lesa, lesa kopiy i mechey
Edet sotnya kazakov-lihachey
Hei-hei-hei, zhivo, ne robey!
Edet sotnya kazakov-lihachey.

Pered sotney komandir molodoy,
On skomanodoval: «Rebyata, vse za mnoy!»
On skomanodoval: «Rebyata, vse za mnoy!»

Na zavaly pospeshaite poskorei.
A kto pervyi do zavalov dobezhit
Tomu orden-krest Egor'ja podlezhit!
Tomu orden-krest Egor'ja podlezhit!

From the forest
Forest of swords and pikes
A platoon of Cossacks ride
Hei-hei-hei, hurry, have no fear!
A platoon of Cossacks ride

In front of the platoon there is young commander
He shouted: "Guys, follow me!"
He shouted: "Guys, follow me!"

Rush for the enemy positions!
And who will be the first
Will have a George-cross!
Will have a George-cross!

Turks did well in the Middle-Eastern front - the Eastern bank of Suez channel was in their hands by 19 of March. The British decided to transfer more troops to save Egypt and secure the channel from the Ottoman threat.

Turkish offensive in Egypt

Western front reported about a success - with Russian battles in Poland the French managed to launch their own counteroffensive and pushed the Germans from Magino line taking the border city of Colmar.

Colmar is French

In the Eastern front Stavka had optimistic news too - Germans were totally outnumbered and had no chances to save Koenigsberg from advancing Russian divisions. The city would fall in a few days.

2nd battle of Koenigsberg, final stage

On 30 of March Koenigsberg finally fell. It was a tragedy for the Germans, while Emperor Nicholas, visiting the army, called this victory "Our great step to victory". Russian army had a parade in captured Koenigsberg.

Koenigsberg is taken

128.jpg

Emperor with his officers

Few days later, one more battleship left the shipyard - it was Imperatritsa Mariya (Empress Maria), she was deployed in the Black Sea fleet.

Nice vessel to sink Turkish ships

In April the Russians planned to finish the Galizian operation with taking Tarnow back. General Berkhman (he took Tarnow twice during this war) led the attack.

Tarnow is besieged

On 8 of April Polish city of Ostroleka was liberated from the Germans. Russian soldiers entered the city after a year of German military contol. The Polish offensive went well...

Ostroleka is retaken

Together with Galizian offensive the Russian HQ started an attacking operation on Bessarabia, storming Chust.

Battle of Chust, April 1915

The Tsar was happy to hear that the situation on fronts had stabilized and Russian armies led massive counteroffensive, pushing the Germans back. Anyway, news from the Balkans weren't so optimistic - Bulgarians took Serbian city of Kumanovo, and Serbian home front was in a great risk.

Bulgarians together with Turks - what a shame!

Serbia started losing her war. By April of 1915 she lost all captured territories, but fortunately the enemies didn't enter the Serbian land. But Stavka realized, that it was just a matter of time.

Serbia is in great danger

On 19 of April the great news came from Italy - Rome agreed to join the Entente. The Austrians were certainly doomed!

Well done, French diplomats!

200909_Victor_Emmanuel_III_of_Italy.jpg

Vittorio Emmanuel III, Italian king​

When Italians joined the Entente, the British started their great operation in the Balkans - on 19 of April Englishmen landed in Croatia and Slovenia and started their march, capturing more and more Austrian cities. This "third front" caused real panic in Vienna.

The British has landed...

Vickers_IWW.jpg

"Operation Rose", English soldiers in Croatia

This operation crushed German strategic plans - Kaiser had to move a lot of troops from French and Russian theaters to the Balkans, because Italians and British could force Austro-Hungary to sign separate peace. The Russians used that moment and attacked Suwalki. Germans managed to encircle the Russians in Koenigsberg, but they didn't have enough forces to keep that Tilsit pocket and the Russian broke their blockade soon.

The Germans are busy, attack!

The battle was successful - Kaiser's army left Suwalki after a few days.

Fighting world, April of 1915

The war continues
Waiting for your comments
Next update: 7-9 November

Last edited:
Looks like things really are picking up. With a third front, Austria will probably be feeling the heat quickly, and Germany will be stretched.

I think now might be the time to stage a maximum effort to gain some ground and shorten the frontline in your favour. Even if you only do enough to bring Romania in, its one more nail in the Central Powers coffin.

@DoomBunny: I agree with you :)
@Ivir Baggins: Good plan, I'll try
@KotoR45: Thanks, I hope that a new part is going to be posted today ;)