+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to cancel trade deals?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

How to cancel trade deals?

Ok. I am not getting something. There is no option for canceling trade deals, only to merge them. What do I do wrong?

Right click. Some permanent trades can only be canceled by event.

"If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Bloody, Bloody Sunday WWCLIII

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    That is to be expected. Yet I couldn't do it (didn't get the option "cancel trade") in any of my games in 1.01.1. The problem is solves once I installed the beta patch of 1,02.

Depends on the trade - some are uncancellable.
    Last edited by Serenissima; 18-10-2011 at 02:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenissima View Post
    Depends on the trade - some are uncancellable.
    Those marked with green colour are permanent deals that can only be cancelled by events, am I right? The thing is, I can't cancel any of my other trade deals either. I had auto-trade enabled but disabled it to manage trades myself. But there is no way for me to cancel any of the deals I've got going, and just one of a total of eight is marked in green. Is there a time-limit to cancel trade deals or what?

You need money.

Quote Originally Posted by ^_AC_^ View Post
    You need money.
    Don't we all...

Darkest Hour

You can break any deal, including green ones, if you go to the diplomacy screen, look for the country you have the deal with, and choose "break commercial deal" (or something like that, I play in Spanish). A list with all your deals with that country appears and you can choose which one to end.

The AI can never break a green deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uandwhosearmy View Post
    Don't we all...
    we all do

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrim View Post
    You can break any deal, including green ones, if you go to the diplomacy screen, look for the country you have the deal with, and choose "break commercial deal" (or something like that, I play in Spanish). A list with all your deals with that country appears and you can choose which one to end.

The AI can never break a green deal though.
    I'm well aware of right-click and select to cancel, but the option to cancel is sometimes greyed out and not a possible option. It seems as if you have to have a certain amount of funds available to be able to cancel trade deals.

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I'm well aware of right-click and select to cancel, but the option to cancel is sometimes greyed out and not a possible option. It seems as if you have to have a certain amount of funds available to be able to cancel trade deals.
    Thatīs just what ^_AC_^ said: It costs money to cancel a trade deal, itīs not for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Blecky View Post
    Thatīs just what ^_AC_^ said: It costs money to cancel a trade deal, itīs not for free.
    Uuuh yeah, I noticed that... And now you repeated what I said which in turn was a simple acknowledgement of what AC said. What's your point?
    Last edited by Uandwhosearmy; 15-05-2012 at 20:26.

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Uuuh yeah, I noticed that... And now you repeated what I said which in turn was a simple acknowledgement of what AC said. What's your point?
    Sorry for that. Looks like i misread your post

+ Reply to Thread