• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have looked at fall out and it really doesn't interest me. I can take a look at red alert, but I was thinking Arms and Armistice running more of a narrative, less of a straight game play, 50 year long game. I was thinking either the US or Germany(maybe Russia but Falconette did such a great job as Russia that I am slightly intimidated LOL). I have done absolutely nothing with the 1914 scenario yet, so it would be new to me. That is a huge plus.
SA, what is it about red alert that makes you so interested?
MC, I haven't even looked at Hegemonia. Is it playable?

Ok, Hegemonia looks interesting. Red Alert just looks like a battle scenario to me. I hate those. No economics, no espionage, no diplomacy. It really would not hold my interest very long. If I am seeing it wrong, feel free to correct me. It seems like a console game, like something on a play station.

Ok, Hegemonia looks interesting. Red Alert just looks like a battle scenario to me. I hate those. No economics, no espionage, no diplomacy. It really would not hold my interest very long. If I am seeing it wrong, feel free to correct me. It seems like a console game, like something on a play station.

No, I'm saying modify 1936 in Darkest Hour to be like Red Alert. Have custom events, ministers, etc.

Hegemonia is actually very interesting. The tech tree and the units etc. are ported over from vanilla HOI2/DH Light, but I presume this will be changed in the future. The map, however, is standard DH, and even then the game is still very enjoyable (I have a game as GB up to about 1943 or 44 in a massive 3-way WW2 and game as the Union of Rome where I'm trying to reunite the former Roman Empire).

Hegemonia is actually very interesting. The tech tree and the units etc. are ported over from vanilla HOI2/DH Light, but I presume this will be changed in the future. The map, however, is standard DH, and even then the game is still very enjoyable (I have a game as GB up to about 1943 or 44 in a massive 3-way WW2 and game as the Union of Rome where I'm trying to reunite the former Roman Empire).

Oooooh, this idea pleases me even more. May we see more details please?

That's disappointing. When they start using DH Full, I would be very interested in trying it.