+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legacy of Shah Jalal

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Legacy of Shah Jalal

Legacy of Shah Jalal
    A Bengali AAR- Death and Taxes Mod

"If as Our violence came to them, they had supplicated! But their hearts hardened and Ash-Shaytan adorned to them whatever they were doing."
    Koran, 6:43

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey guys. I'm Qymaen and this is my first AAR. Earlier this week I asked the members of the EUIII forum to help me decide on which nation to play here. Bengal literally won by a nose. Since this is my first AAR the writing style will be heavily influenced by Rifal's Bet Kinder Bet Morgen Kommt Der Schwed. My goal in this AAR is to conquer India and, if it isn't swallowed by the Ming, Southeast Asia. Also I will try to convert as many provinces to Sunni Islam as possible.

Disclaimer: I am not claiming to be nor am a follower of Islam. If I do mess up anything within Islam please bear with me and correct me. Shah Jalal is not mentioned in the Koran at all, but I am using quotes from it for the sake of the AAR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

Prologue: Story of Shah Jalal
    Last edited by Qymaen; 16-10-2011 at 19:15.
    All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Good luck! A unique choice for country.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Interesting choice, good luck with it

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Good luck.If i remember i voted for bengal

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I must follow this one, I hope you succed.
    Lord Jon North in The Kingdom

This should be an interesting one.

Good luck.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well, I'm certainly more interested in Bengal than in Aragon, so I think you made the right choice.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    Well, I'm certainly more interested in Bengal than in Aragon, so I think you made the right choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzon View Post
    This should be an interesting one.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazti View Post
    I must follow this one, I hope you succed.
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Good luck.If i remember i voted for bengal
    Quote Originally Posted by Derahan View Post
    Interesting choice, good luck with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    Good luck! A unique choice for country.
    Thank you, everyone. I hope you enjoy this.
    All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

Story of Shah Jalal

"And make mention in the Scripture of Idris. Lo! he was a saint, a prophet;"
    Koran, 19:56

During the 13th Century a man was born in the city of Hadramut in, what is now, Yemen. This man would be the one who would spread Islam to Eastern India and free a people from under the oppressive rule of an infidel king.

The man mentioned above was Shaykh-ul Mashaek Mokhdum Shaykh Shah Jalal Mozorrodh Bin Muhammed. Shah Jalal was born in the Yemeni city of Hadramut in 1271 and as the son of the cleric, Maulana Jalaluddin Rumi. Early on in his life his parents died and he was taken up by his uncle, Syed Ahmed Kabir, who also happened to be a Saint.

After the completion of his education, Kabir gave Jalal some soil. Seeking to spread Islam to the far off lands of Hindustan, Kabir told his nephew to travel to Hindustan and find soil that matched the color of the soil he was holding. Once found the young man and Hafiz, one who has committed the Quran to memory, would settle down and preach Islam to the misguided population. Jalal agreed to this mission and set off for Hindustan.

During his mission he met many, including Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chishty, a Sufi Saint, and Hazrat Shaikh Khwaja Syed Muhammad Nizamuddin Auliya, another Sufi Saint. By the time he reached Hindustan he had gathered up more than 300 auliya. He traveled across Hindustan in search of the soil that matched the color of the soil his uncle had given him. Soon enough he reached the kingdom of Sylhet. What he found shocked him. He had discovered that a Shayk, an elder and/or leader, was being persecuted by the Rala of Sylhet, Gaur Govinda. Jalal, his 300 auliya, and the Sultan of Gaur, Alhumdulillah, managed to defeat the Raja.

After the conquest Shah Jalal found a match for the soil his uncle had given him and settled in Sylhet and remained there until his death, preaching Islam to the local populace. During his time in Hindustan, Jalal, and his disciples, spread Islam along the Brahamuptra River and its surrounding area. In fact some even managed to reach the far off city of Dhaka.

Each and every Sultan of Bengal has declared their allegiance to Shah Jalal. And, beginning with Sultan Azam Ilyas, have sought to spread Islam to the Hindu west and Buddhist east in the memory of the great Hafiz and Saint, Shaykh-ul Mashaek Mokhdum Shaykh Shah Jalal Mozorrodh Bin Muhammed.

Note: This prologue is only a background for the AAR.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Interesting start, good prologue. Interested to see what you'll do with it.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Well this was a quick failure. I hate Bihar. They ruined everything. I'll be playing as Khmer next.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can't you just reload a couple of times? You haven't posted any actual gameplay yet, so we'd hardly be any the wiser!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    Can't you just reload a couple of times? You haven't posted any actual gameplay yet, so we'd hardly be any the wiser!
    I've tried that more than a few times. It always leads to my ass getting kicked by Bihar.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

I must say I am a bit disappointed, but Khmer would be cool to see as well, hope you have better luck with that
    Check out my Brittany AAR: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...eton-AAR/page2 - winner of the Weekly AAR Showcase

ouch. hm... you could try a different start date. But Khmer are cool too

Nice prologue anyway .
    Currently developing a 650 BC mod for EU3. Help appreciated!
    Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR.
    Creator of RickRand, a random scenario generator for Victoria:Revolutions (current version: 0.9)
    Member of the 200k Club
    Owner of an <= Official Necromancy (The Good Kind) Cookie (thanks dinofs)
    Owner of the SAS Award for Dedication

Actually guys, I've decided to play as a nation in the Steppe Wolf mod.
    Last edited by Qymaen; 18-10-2011 at 00:34.
    ~Mark Kennedy~

+ Reply to Thread