• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(174953)

Second Lieutenant
14 Badges
Oct 24, 2009
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur II
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
Hi there!

Technically a Let's play, this will be the first Play through that I will be doing. In this series I'll be going through explaining part's of the game in the beginning and showing off some later game strategy, when the time comes. I plan to do at least one part per week, so stay tuned to this thread for updates.

Part one
Part two
Part three

Last edited:
This is very good - although in the second video you seem to have run out of things to talk about. Maybe read up on the real history of the period so you can throw some fun facts when there's nothing to discuss on the screen. But even without that, you've done a very good job introducing people to the game.

This is very good, again.

Sometimes another member of your clan can hop into the heir slot via plotting or bribery and when that happens shortly before your ruler's death, he'll get the throne for himself. That's when your actual heir will only inherit the daymio title, not the clan leader title. That's what happened in your game.

You have to watch closely who the pretenders are - and make your heir stronger so he doesn't have a problem coming on top of them. You also can murder the ones you simply can't cope with. I did that as Shimazu first thing in the game because the guy was simply pissing me off.

You can check who's who and who's fighting against whom via diplo map mode. Click Honma and see if the other Honma are a part of them, an ally, a vassal or what. ;-)

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ja-daimyo.ogg

Oh and when you pick a province for ninjas to strike, you can sort by "Clan" and that will put their ruler at the top. Making him easier to find. Should save you some time. ;-)