• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also released a new memoir of the fuhrer (I know its been a while)! to tide you guys over until I get the new recordings uploaded and released

Just finished #61. Paris Falls...and France is part of the Reich. Nicely done. Now to go get some payback from the Ivans....

KLorberau

Just curious. Why dont you strategically redeploy our Western Front divisions to the ports. Everytime I take France as Germany the Brits immediately start invasions to open the Western Front. You have to secure those ports quickly to deny the Brits a port. You did it to send your Panzer divisions east, but not to secure the French ports...Just wondering why.............

KLorberau

Another question....why don't you uncheck automatic leader selection and then appoint divisional - korp - army leaders yourself? I hate the way the AI appoints leaders. I always uncheck the auto box at beginning of any game and do it myself.

KLorberau

Finished #69. Very impressive encirclement of the southern Ruskie Armies. Nicely done. Great AAR....but I am getting dizzy with all of your zoom in and zoom outs so much....I think Im gonna have an epileptic seizure...........lol

KLorberau

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you plan to help the fins? Or go straight further south for Stalingrad and Baku?

My main focus is definitely on southern russia, this is also because winter is nearing and I do not want to be stuck fighting in northern russia in the bitter Russian Winter.

Just finished #61. Paris Falls...and France is part of the Reich. Nicely done. Now to go get some payback from the Ivans....

KLorberau

Just curious. Why dont you strategically redeploy our Western Front divisions to the ports. Everytime I take France as Germany the Brits immediately start invasions to open the Western Front. You have to secure those ports quickly to deny the Brits a port. You did it to send your Panzer divisions east, but not to secure the French ports...Just wondering why.............

KLorberau

Another question....why don't you uncheck automatic leader selection and then appoint divisional - korp - army leaders yourself? I hate the way the AI appoints leaders. I always uncheck the auto box at beginning of any game and do it myself.

KLorberau

Finished #69. Very impressive encirclement of the southern Ruskie Armies. Nicely done. Great AAR....but I am getting dizzy with all of your zoom in and zoom outs so much....I think Im gonna have an epileptic seizure...........lol

KLorberau

1. yes payback indeed.
2. eh, i don't know, i probably could have but i didn't want to put more supply strain on my naval units (although admittedly I didn't get around to using them)
3. because i am very busy running all aspects of the game and keeping up a running dialogue of BS for you to enjoy :) normally if i was playing by myself I would play taht way.
4. thanks

ALSO, I finally filmed new parts of the AAR today (woohoo finally!) I am off vacation now so back on the video grind. I will compress the videos tomorrow and upload tomorrow as well, the first will be released on Thursday.

part 70 released, enjoy

can't wait the next big offensive maneuver of Wehrmacht......although i should mark that leningrad is not far and it's one of the most important cities of Soviet Union and close to Finns......anyway i think we are going to see another brilliant act of Blitzkrieg perform by nightraid3r

can't wait the next big offensive maneuver of Wehrmacht......although i should mark that leningrad is not far and it's one of the most important cities of Soviet Union and close to Finns......anyway i think we are going to see another brilliant act of Blitzkrieg perform by nightraid3r

thanks for your compliment!

part 71 out.

Hmm, shouldn't you be planning a strike on Moscow? Conquering Ukraine is all well and good, but your lines will be very spread out if you continue to make progress in the south while ignoring the north.

Hmm, shouldn't you be planning a strike on Moscow? Conquering Ukraine is all well and good, but your lines will be very spread out if you continue to make progress in the south while ignoring the north.

Yes, I took a rather historical route (although hopefully it works better for me than it did for Herr Hitler!). As soon as I get a good foothold in the Ukraine, I will push towards Moscow.

True. It's still early enough to push up north, or at least try to form a large pocket.

yes I agree and I will be trying to do exactly that in the upcoming videos!

part 72 released, enjoy

Ugh, I couldn't play the game like you do. I mean, you seem to be playing HOI3 like Starcraft, i.e. almost no pauses and a big clikfest AND you are still making comments in the process! That would quickly get on my nerves.

Ugh, I couldn't play the game like you do. I mean, you seem to be playing HOI3 like Starcraft, i.e. almost no pauses and a big clikfest AND you are still making comments in the process! That would quickly get on my nerves.

Well, I play some RTS games, but I just think pauses are sometimes boring for the viewer. I don't want to make the episodes boring, because according to youtube barely anyone (around 25% of viewers) actually watch the entire video from beginning to end. Consdiering I usually am not getting a heck of a lot of views to begin with, I am trying to not lose more viewers with frequent pauses and other delays that I might treat myself to if I was not playing for an audience.

EDIT: part 73 released, enjoy!

Boring parts can always be skipped by moving fast-forward.

It looks like your holding actions were quite extreme, because most of your frontline moved deeper into Russia!

Hahaha, yes I guess I sort of get myself in over my head in even so-called "holding" maneuvers :)

I really like your videos, I'm learning a lot watching them!

Thanks, and don't be afraid to post any additional comments or questions you may have at any time.

Part 74 released, enjoy

It looks like you can finally create a proper encirclement!

yes if resources allow it will be an epic one.

Part 75 released, enjoy!

part 76 released, enjoy

Really enjoying it so far,looking forward to see you create the pocket.
Ideally I guess you would want to annihilate them before the soviets are finished in Finland and those troops start heading your way.