• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(82211)

Lt. General
2 Badges
Aug 14, 2007
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete

MINI MOD - NEW NATIONS FOR DH
(now compatible with patch 1.02 - final)

Based upon the awesome work of Daboo and Irshappa (from the Iron Cross team). Thank you, guys, for the permission of use your original files.

During my eventual games, I would like to release some nations that aren't in the vanilla DH. What's the solution? Add'm to the game!
Now I'm sharing my work with you. Hope you like it.

New Nations for DH Minimod v. 1.3 (version for patch 1.02)
Download: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Newnationsmodv131.zip

New Nations for DH Minimod v. 1.2 (version for patch 1.02.b2)
Download: http://filesmelt.com/dl/NewNationsModv12.zip

New Nations for DH Minimod v. 1.1 (last version for patch 1.02.b1)
Download: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Newnationsmodv11.zip

Nations added:

- U36: Cascadia
- U37: Occitania
- U61: Hawaii
- U62: Kyushu
- U63: Riograndense Republic
- U64: Catalonia
- U65: Taiwan (Formosa)
- U69: North Mexico (actually, an updated Rev.Mexico that you can release now)
- UPR: Prussia (yes, it's already in game, but you'll notice that it isn't releasable... untill now)

Added a new scenario, where you can play with most of the New Nations from the beggining.

See below how to install, plus all the features and changes from previous versions:

Code:
Features
Adds the following countries to the game (to be released, not from start, it's kinda obvious):
- U36: Cascadia
- U37: Occitania
- U61: Hawaii
- U62: Kyushu
- U63: Riograndense Republic
- U64: Catalonia
- U65: Taiwan (Formosa)
- U69: North Mexico (actually, an updated Rev.Mexico that you can release now)
- UPR: Prussia (yes, it's already in game, but you'll notice that it isn't releasable... untill now)

All new nations shall mobilize and most of the major countries will release them if possible.

Added ministers/tech teams/leaders for Prussia, Gran Colombia and Centroamerica.

Added for recreation and rise of big nations such as Scandinavia, A-H, Gran Colombia, Centroamerica and Ottoman Empire.

Added a new scenario, where you can play with most of the New Nations from the beggining.

Mod compatible with DH 1.2 (final patch)

Installation
I strongly recomend you to make a copy of the Darkest Hour Full folder, then rename it to something like: Darkest Hour Nations.

If you want, use the default Darkes Hour Full folder. At your own risk.

Unzip the content of the ZIP file INTO THAT MOD FOLDER (please, pay attention to don't do this in the main DH directory), overwriting the original files with the new content.

Play, selecting the proper mod version in the game launcher.

Changes from previous version (1.2)
- Now compatible with DH 1.2 (no more beta).
- Added a new scenario, to allow playing with most of the new nations from the beggining.
- Added Cascadia, Occitania and North Mexico.

Changes from previous version (1.1)
- Now compatible with DH 1.2.b2
- No more compatible with the Flagchange Project, for a simple reason. This is a "lite" version, that only adds the New Nations to the game, for those people who won't all this flagchanging stuff.
But you may alwais find in my Alternative Flagchange Project these new nations too, plus the feature of changing the flags according the country's ideology. 
- I removed the event to U69 become MEX, since now the game uses other aproach.

Hope you like it.

Screenshots:

5nnplus1.jpg

5nn.jpg

ScreenSave2.jpg

ScreenSave3.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Cool.

Excellent! I will endeavour to try this out ASAP. Are there any alternate flags for the new nations?

Excellent! I will endeavour to try this out ASAP. Are there any alternate flags for the new nations?
Well, there's the updated version of the Alternative Flagchange Project... now v. 1.2 --> http://filesmelt.com/dl/AltFlagchangev12.zip
Or else you may find some here:
http://hoiflags.blogspot.com/search/label/Hawaii
http://hoiflags.blogspot.com/search/label/Brazil [States]
http://hoiflags.blogspot.com/search/label/Catalonia/Valencia
http://hoiflags.blogspot.com/search/label/Taiwan (Formosa)
http://hoiflags.blogspot.com/search/label/Prussia

Cheers!

However, after installing this mod, I get a CTD upon trying to load up the 1936 scenario with an "excel file not found" error

Cheers!

However, after installing this mod, I get a CTD upon trying to load up the 1936 scenario with an "excel file not found" error

Oh! I forgot to add 3 files for UPR...
Please, forgive me, download the new file and try again...
I'm so embarassed...

Any plans on adding more nations? Some more would be nice...not necessarily all of them from NN mod...?

Tim
This x1000. Just tried it out now, and the work you've done so far is fantastic.

Edit: Only one minor point - more leaders are always welcome, Taiwan and the Rio Republic seem slightly berefit at the moment.

Last edited:
Hmm, for some reason I can't seem to mobilise as any of the new nations. Kind of makes them awkward to play.

Timmie0307 said:
Any plans on adding more nations? Some more would be nice...not necessarily all of them from NN mod...?
Actually, I've not new plans of adding more. Maybe a scenario for a future (not near future howewer) release. Ministers and leaders would of course be welcome, but I won't add that many for game issues (you know, without messing with other files, AI won't release these countries at all, so there's no point on it).

Hmm, for some reason I can't seem to mobilise as any of the new nations. Kind of makes them awkward to play.
I don't figure all the mechanics behind the releasing of NN, sorry. This is just my first try on something that great. As I keep learning about all the stuff, I might improve the minimod.
Something that must be done (for future updates) is a kind of event that sleeps repeated leaders (like for Brazil and Riograndense Republic or Japan and Kyushu, for instance).

Last edited:
New version!
See first post.

Changes from previous version (1.0c)
- Now new nations shall mobilize!
- Repeated tech teams and ministers from original countries that are also in new nations might become unavaliable to the old nations.
- Ministers, leaders and techs for Gran Colombia and Centroamerica.
- New events for recreation and rise of big nations such as Scandinavia, A-H, Gran Colombia, Centroamerica and Ottoman Empire (adapted from my Flagchange mod).
- Event for Rev. Mexico become Mexico after the end of revolution (adapted from my Flagchange mod).
- UPR cannot be released while GER exists.
- AI of USA, SOV, ENG, ITA, GER and FRA shall liberate the new nations.

ps.: may this mini-mod could be upgrated to a "recomended mod" one now... hehe. :laugh:

Last edited:
I have followed the installation instructions, but each time I start a game, I get an error stating "excel file cannot be found" and then the game crashes. I'm running the newest beta patch. Will this mod not work with the latest patch? Thanks for the help.

I have followed the installation instructions, but each time I start a game, I get an error stating "excel file cannot be found" and then the game crashes. I'm running the newest beta patch. Will this mod not work with the latest patch? Thanks for the help.
Please download the newest version of my mod (v.1.1). In a previous file I'd uploaded (v.1.0b) I had forgotten to add the corrected Prussia ministers file. Sorry for that mistake.

But the mod is fully compatible with DH 1.02b1

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried what you said, and I still get the same error. I'm starting a game as Turkey, so I can become the Ottoman Empire, but I get the same error. Oh well. Thanks for making this mod though. Very cool concept.

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried what you said, and I still get the same error. I'm starting a game as Turkey, so I can become the Ottoman Empire, but I get the same error. Oh well. Thanks for making this mod though. Very cool concept.
Weird!
Did you make a copy of DH Full and then unzipped the content there? Or may you made a copy of DH Light? (in this case the game will try to use outdated csv minister files, it could be a reason to you getting this error)

\edit...
really, I tested it today, followed all my own instructions, applyed the zip file, started a game, played a bit, saved, openned it again and it all worked fine... I've even... see the screeshot.
Ottoreborn.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to make a copy of DH full :(
This means I have to reboot the game and reinstall mods...DANG!!!