• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome stuff! Can you actually get the Caucasus, even via a War Goal? I thought Germany's 'Drang Nach Osten' WG superseded everything else in western Russia.

Awesome stuff! Can you actually get the Caucasus, even via a War Goal? I thought Germany's 'Drang Nach Osten' WG superseded everything else in western Russia.

Yes, in this game Italy gets the Caucasus oil fields while Germany got everything else in Western Russia following the Bitter Peace event. Not sure about the combination of war goals that determine who gets what.

April '42: Victory in the East

Untitled00.jpg

INVASION OF BAT'UMI: Italy had a difficult time maintaining supply to its forces. It was necessary to swap-out whole corps at a time in order to resupply. Italy's lone air transport worked overtime to keep combat units under supply, while Soviet air defences almost knocked it out. In all, it took nearly a year to achieve its goal--but the operation was worth the risk.

Untitled01.jpg

(above) Soviet counter-attacks (orange arrows) are continuous, but somehow Italy manages to hold a defensive line (white arrows). Fresh troops are ferried in (yellow arrows) as troops are exhausted from combat or lack of supply. Mountain troops finally make it out to the flank (red arrows) and then capture the one lone Soviet air base in the region. Armored forces (blue arrows) make the final push for Bat'umi, but don't reach the objective until November. Soviet counter-attacks are relentless and nearly succeed in cutting off the armored forces from their base of supply. Turkey and Persia steadfastly refuse transit rights.

Untitled02.jpg

(above) The Soviets finally accept the Bitter Peace at the end of November (note the number of Soviet troops that Italy has kept occupied in the Caucasus). Italy gains control over the oil fields an is now poised to strike again at the Allies in Africa and elsewhere (perhaps India).

Untitled10.jpg

(above) Final victory total. Italy has 160 IC's and has enough supplies and resources to become the next superpower.

Like the ancient Greeks, the Romans now have an enclave behind the Dardanelles, a country from where they draw their most vital resource. The only difference being that the Greeks needed grain and the Italians need oil. As it is, the Roman empire arose from the ashes of the first world war, still growing and with even larger armies than the first empire of old. More importantly, although the northern border is still vast and inhabitated by the Germanic, those have grown into potent allies of the new Roman Empire, thus making the effort to protect Rome a lot less costly.

Interesting. Do you know if that ol' bug of "Brits holding Suez then Bosporus is closed" is still there, affecting RM?

Hey there. Just letting you know I nominated this splendid AAR to the Weekly Showcase. Congrats! You deserve it.

This award-winning AAR is back by popular demand!

After changing service providers I recieved a request for the pictures that I'm only too happy to accomidate.

Have been developing new naval formations for US, UK, Germany, and Japan. Will post them as time permits.

Am anxiously looking forward to HOI4--Go Paradox.

Enjoy the game!

-Valentinian