+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cultural decisions

cultural decisions

Epic vs. Tapestry seem to cost the same amount to me and have identical requirements in SRI. But one gives more bonus and prestige as well and lasts longer making the other irrelevant. Is that something others have seen?

Also compared to vanilla, patron of the arts just gives you prestige now? Kind of a weak decision now, no? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhuh View Post
    Epic vs. Tapestry seem to cost the same amount to me and have identical requirements in SRI. But one gives more bonus and prestige as well and lasts longer making the other irrelevant. Is that something others have seen?

Also compared to vanilla, patron of the arts just gives you prestige now? Kind of a weak decision now, no? Or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Prestige is hard to come by, and quite useful, compared with vanilla. This is almost always the first NI I choose... my 2
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Thanks. Usually I get lots of prestige from winning battles or having a philosopher in vanilla. I haven't played enough SRI yet and I will take your word for it. I did notice that it is harder to get cultural tradition in the mod as well compared to vanilla (no more free paintings).

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhuh View Post
    Thanks. Usually I get lots of prestige from winning battles or having a philosopher in vanilla. I haven't played enough SRI yet and I will take your word for it. I did notice that it is harder to get cultural tradition in the mod as well compared to vanilla (no more free paintings).
    Yes for sure, in SRI you can essentially convert prestige to cultural tradition. Then one may attract/hire a high quality advisor, such as a philosopher, to gain prestige, which in turn frees up an NI slot . You need to think and juggle a bit more than in vanilla... but it is quite logical if you think about it. I suppose if you were playing a large empire or conquest-type campaign the pretige would be easier to come by - I typically play minor nations, it is then very difficult to acquire.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

+ Reply to Thread