+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - Dev Diary 15 - Buildings

Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post
    that doesnt seem right. bughers and peasents with noble surnames, of random noble, probably already established, noble dynasties marrying nobles and generally acting, working, having the responsibilities/privileges and generally being treated as nobles?
    I'm not sure I get what you're driving at here...

Crusader Kings IICK2: Holy Knight500k club

LOVE this game, can't believe that we have to wait until next freakin year to play it.

Quick question: If we change the name of a county, e.g. from Lancaster to Crapsylvania, will Crapsylvania appear on teh campaign map?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    LOVE this game, can't believe that we have to wait until next freakin year to play it.

Quick question: If we change the name of a county, e.g. from Lancaster to Crapsylvania, will Crapsylvania appear on teh campaign map?
    I'd assume so.

That is what happens when you change a County Name in the other Clausewitz games, isn't it?

Nick

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B II View Post
    I'd assume so.

That is what happens when you change a County Name in the other Clausewitz games, isn't it?

Nick
    If by county you mean province: yes.

Bleeding for Harder Styles Arko's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the Throne
    MagickaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post

That's all for now. Until next week!
    can we assume dev diaries are now weekly ? great news !
    membre du Réseau Gamers et Stratégie, tout sur CK2&EU4 en français

ARKOpack Armoiries & Interface a CoA and Interface mod.
    La Pléiade : Europa universalis IV (vraiment) en français !
    Member of Historical Immersion Project

Mini MODs is the answer !

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    can we assume dev diaries are now weekly ? great news !
    I certainly hope not, I'd end up exploding with anticipation for this title, hehe.

Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult

It's time again, to fan the flames of speculation, chagrin and wonderment!

This week, Until next week!
    <3

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

You say you can only change the name of the holding if you own it, or if its your subject. Can you still change the name if it is a subject of your subjects? For instance, your a King, and a Duke has a Count under him - can you change the name of the Count's holding?
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"
    Crusader Kings II: How to Rule videos -ALL 13 PARTS ARE FULLY UPLOADED ENJOY-
    The Livestream Channel itself

Euro-centric Diplomat Negru Voda's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

No, but we've toyed with the idea. However, you can give money to your vassals.
    would have been cool if you could make requests of vassals: like reverse ambitions; or rather like demands for construction. There could be a reward for the construction of the improvement.

This way, perhaps my overlord is feeling a little weak, and wants everyone to pimp out their military holdings. He sends out a directive (perhaps only in the provinces with a Royal Post): Improvements to Castle Baronies will please the Count/Duke/King.
    ~My old signature took up too much space, so I made this one.

~P.S: You're wonderful.

would it also possible to change the name of your Duchy or Kingdom?
    Never underestimate the power of Google

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Willem IV View Post
    would it also possible to change the name of your Duchy or Kingdom?
    It would be nice to be able to decide on your primary title, yeah, and not have to go through something akin to CK1-lameness of granting that title to your primary heir and cheat-killing your current character with "Die" in the console so the heir will get the current titles as secondary ones.

As for making up entirely new names for the Realms.. That'll most likely have to be done through modding. :P

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

I have a question. Will Templar and Hospitallers' holdings in europe be represented in this game?
    Former Fan of the Week

1 Aristocrat
    Nationality: South Andean
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Rebel type: Reactionary
    Issues: Pro-life

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by thekinguter View Post
    I have a question. Will Templar and Hospitallers' holdings in europe be represented in this game?
    It is perfectly possible as far as we know to script them into the game at the appropriate dates, but whether there will be events asking you to donate land to the orders is not yet known. Personally I consider it quite likely though and in CKDV (or was it only DVIP?) there were events where templars asked for a local presence, which could result in one of your provinces getting a templar house. I imagine that would be the most abstracted approach and an integration with the holdings/baronies/settlements system would be the most probable end result.

If you create a new holding in a county, how does the game name them? Is it similar to children's names, in that the game offers you a suggestion which you can change? Does the name come from a list for just that county, or just that duchy, or kingdom, or culture? Or something else?

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Arstotzkan Immigration Officer PreXident's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    If you create a new holding in a county, how does the game name them? Is it similar to children's names, in that the game offers you a suggestion which you can change? Does the name come from a list for just that county, or just that duchy, or kingdom, or culture? Or something else?
    Doomdark responded to a similar question on the first page of this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    Will we be able to choose which Holding serves as our capital, or will it default to the richest holding similar to the first game?

Also, how will the game handle naming new holdings? Will it have unique suggested names for us, perhaps using context like the county name + a set of culture specific generic town suffixes (like 'ville', 'shire','field' for English)?
    You can move your capital at will (with a cooldown.) The names are all prescripted, eight per county.
    So I think names are assigned to the particular county and culture does not affect them. And since you can change names of holdings (at least) on their screen , it is just a suggestion ;-)
    Traits: Lazy, Skeptical, Stressed, Hopeless Spender, University Education
    Bohemian Atheist
    Courtier in Republic of Bohemia
    DNA: 04080401150509

Paradox Points: 530 (including No Trail of Tears)
    The Fall of the Wall - MyMap 1989 Mod for For the Glory (suspended, but updated to FtG 1.3, continued by Nein)
    EU4 Save Game Replayer - java utility for replaying save games (1.6 released)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Kiwi View Post
    According to DD there are 8 names pre-scripted per county. I'd assume it picks one that isn't being used, at random. Regardless, since you are the one creating the Barony, and you can change the names of any of your holding at will, it's not a huge deal in gameplay terms.

I'm looking forward to being Baron of God, damn, Johan, for, making, this, Addictive, game and beingsosmart.

All I'll need is a character with a desmene limit of 9.

Nick

Patron Saint, Lost Epic Causes .Spartan's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    The Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Very cool indeed.
    The most difficult pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much and power over little - Herodotus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B II View Post
    According to DD there are 8 names pre-scripted per county. I'd assume it picks one that isn't being used, at random. Regardless, since you are the one creating the Barony, and you can change the names of any of your holding at will, it's not a huge deal in gameplay terms.

I'm looking forward to being Baron of God, damn, Johan, for, making, this, Addictive, game and beingsosmart.

All I'll need is a character with a desmene limit of 9.

Nick
    If we ever get playable Muslims I'm going to be the Sultan of Swing

Looks like I missed that part of the dev diary... Ah I see, posts 8 and 9. I don't think they've said how the names are prescribed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacle View Post
    The spooky part is that literally seconds before checking this thread I started playing Sultans of Swing.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine an episode of Mr. Bean—forever.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Nuril View Post
    It would be nice to be able to decide on your primary title, yeah, and not have to go through something akin to CK1-lameness of granting that title to your primary heir and cheat-killing your current character with "Die" in the console so the heir will get the current titles as secondary ones.
    Assuming equal level titles, your primary one is wherever your capital is located, so you can change it by moving the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacle View Post
    Doomdark used that name as the OE in our EUIII MP once
    Relentless madman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast