+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - Dev Diary 15 - Buildings

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Communazi View Post
    I certainly hope it is dungeon. In the sense that my spymaster can do terrible things to people in said dungeon to unveil plots.

(And so I can smirk at the screen and say "Well at least I didn't use a SPOON")

Hah! You can keep your spoon, real toturers use a comfy chair

On a serious note though, I think it would be best all round if PI just stuck to the words people are more familiar with, and which aren't so ambiguous. Sure we'll all find out whether it means keep or dungeon the first time we click it, but it wouldn't exactly cost them anything to just be clear about it from the start

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark View Post
    Oh yes, it's very easy to mod.
    My reaction:

No, but we've toyed with the idea. However, you can give money to your vassals.
    Does the AI cheat (ie. not have to worry about money...)?

When you're at war, do you lay siege on the county or a particular holding? If someone else owns a holding in your county, how can you capture that holding?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

A more specific question related to the topic, what is smålands capital and is Jönköping one of the Cities, castles, churches in småland?

Game Director Paradox Dev Team Doomdark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InboxMadness View Post
    Does the AI cheat (ie. not have to worry about money...)?
    No, it does not.

When you're at war, do you lay siege on the county or a particular holding? If someone else owns a holding in your county, how can you capture that holding?
    You besiege hostile Holdings one at the time. If someone else has a holding in your de jure county, you have a reason to declare war (casus belli.)
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You besiege hostile Holdings one at the time. If someone else has a holding in your de jure county, you have a reason to declare war (casus belli.)
    So just to be sure, you could theoretically not capture a whole county but still end the war with some enemy holdings of this county under your control?

Quote Originally Posted by Planck View Post
    So just to be sure, you could theoretically not capture a whole county but still end the war with some enemy holdings of this county under your control?
    Yes, but depending on which casus belli you used, you might not be allowed to keep them anyway.
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by 3inar View Post
    A more specific question related to the topic, what is smålands capital and is Jönköping one of the Cities, castles, churches in småland?
    From looking at a older screen shot, Kalmar would be the capital.
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Is there a trigger for having been at war for a certain amount of time?

It would be sweet to have events that trigger once the war has dragged on long enough.

No, but we've toyed with the idea. However, you can give money to your vassals.
    Is that like in CK1, where if you're really rich you can deal with disloyal vassals by just throwing money at them till they're back up to 100%, or is it like in Sengoku, where you can give a small amount of money, but the relation impact is seemingly one time only, and if you do it twice there is no further impact on relations?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    From looking at a older screen shot, Kalmar would be the capital.
    Yea that was my guess, just whanted it to be confirmed. Luckily we can change our capital to any one we whant

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaRome GoldSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

Bottom left of the screenshot...

Do we really need to be reminded what game we are playing?

Darkest HourDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

(about Constantinople not having insanely defensible walls) No, but I agree it is a unique case.
    I hope this is easily modded by, for example, adding a province modifier that adds some defence, EU3-style? Acually, are there holding modifiers? That target individual holdings, modifying conversion chance, tax level, etc. temporarily or permanently?

Sergeant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIRome GoldEuropa Universalis IV

A few more questions regarding holdings:
    1. Since unlike castles who are ruled by hereditary barons, cities and monasteries are ruled by mayors and bishops, will their count or the pope(for monasteries and depending on investiture) have a say in who succeeds?
    2. Will barons/mayors/bishops have courts of their own? Or will their families be members of their counts' court?
    3. Can specific holdings have unique buildings? If they aren't already there, I would like to be able to mod in the Theodosian Walls or the Church of Holy Wisdom for instance.

So if I change the county name from Wessex to Gigglesburg will any titleholders then be known as counts of Gigglesburg?

Quote Originally Posted by Panjer View Post
    So if I change the county name from Wessex to Gigglesburg will any titleholders then be known as counts of Gigglesburg?
    Yes.
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned. But are "basic value" of the holdings different or does the value of the holding only depend on the development level like in Sengoku? For instance, if Constantinople is a town and Stockholm is also a town, and they have the same amount of buildings, will Stockholm be as valuable as Constantinople?
    Germany: 7
    Brazil: 1

¿What the f...?

Magna Mundi cancelled! Can't stop laughing!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Just looking at the list of buildings - does building, say, a training ground require all other upgrades or can you build any building at any time? (money permitting of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Filip de Norre View Post
    I'm not sure if it has been mentioned. But are "basic value" of the holdings different or does the value of the holding only depend on the development level like in Sengoku? For instance, if Constantinople is a town and Stockholm is also a town, and they have the same amount of buildings, will Stockholm be as valuable as Constantinople?
    I think this is a good question. I think it stands to reason that at the minimum Constantinople would have much more existing infrastructure at the start of the game, but whether things like population or trade routes factor into value I don't quite know.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Filip de Norre View Post
    I think that Stockholm won't be able to build as many holdings as Constantinople and while Stockholm will have a maximum of perhaps 3 holdings Constantinople will have a maximum of 8.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast