• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is fine. Paradox fans are like Linux fans in many ways.

Somebody will code up a sweet CK to EU converter. Folks did a first rate job on the EU3 to Victoria 2 converter. I would expect CK to be at least as attractive for an interface with EU3.

NOTES:
Crusader Kings 2 is looking like a best of breed product. The recent 'Polotsk' video on You-Tube is stunning. There appears to be depth upon depth, for example I caught a glimplse of the fact that Stewardship can be made (among other things) a hereditary title to the person you grant it to.

Look starting at 11:00.

Actually it looks as if the user is bestowing a hereditary title of some type upon the Steward.

The title is like 'master of something'. It must bestow prestige or other bonuses. I am not sure, but it does not look like a vassal title (the only titles you could grant in CK). Besides, he wouldn't be Steward anymore if given a county or something.

Ah, yes, I did notice that. That's derived from a forum suggestion. It's great that made it in.
Titles I noticed were Grand Butler, Cup Holder, Master of the Hunt. I'm very happy those tiny titles are also in.

Will be great for the game of thrones mod and the titles they have in that.

Look starting at 11:00.

Actually it looks as if the user is bestowing a hereditary title of some type upon the Steward.

The title is like 'master of something'. It must bestow prestige or other bonuses. I am not sure, but it does not look like a vassal title (the only titles you could grant in CK). Besides, he wouldn't be Steward anymore if given a county or something.

Actually I read that you could have your vassals as advisors, can't remember where though, and I may be misrembering. Can somebody confirm?Anyway, this is as it should be, the most senior people in court may well have been the strongest vassals.... giving a potentially rebellious vassal an important job may have kept him in check and allowed him to wield his power on your behalf rather than against you, ie keep your friends close, but your enemies closer...

This was something that annoyed me about CK1. Having to keep your best and most loyal friends as advisors and denying them land just because they had martial 24.

Actually I read that you could have your vassals as advisors, can't remember where though, and I may be misrembering. Can somebody confirm?Anyway, this is as it should be, the most senior people in court may well have been the strongest vassals.... giving a potentially rebellious vassal an important job may have kept him in check and allowed him to wield his power on your behalf rather than against you, ie keep your friends close, but your enemies closer...

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was in 1 of the dev diaries.

Just so you know, I think that the EU3-->V2 converter is by far the most complete converter that any of the new generation of games have seen. Unlike the completely messed up old CK-->EU3 ones, the EU3-->V2 one appears to actually work, and make quite a bit of sense a lot of the time!

completely messed up old CK-->EU3

If that's my converter you're talking about, it makes me sad. :( If not, have you tried the one I made? :)

If that's my converter you're talking about, it makes me sad. :( If not, have you tried the one I made? :)

I used yours. The world I got was indeed completely messed up, but that's because of CK creating a super-messy Europe. As far as I can tell the converter did a good job. There's just a lot of granularity that's lost going from CK to EU3. I imagine CK2 will face a similar problem.

I'll make a prediction: One of the first DLC Addon packs for CK2 will be... a CK2 to EU3 converter :)

I really hope so, so I won't have to wait for the volunteers to make it (and fix it). With a functioning EU3-V2, this means one long campaign :)

I used yours. The world I got was indeed completely messed up, but that's because of CK creating a super-messy Europe. As far as I can tell the converter did a good job. There's just a lot of granularity that's lost going from CK to EU3. I imagine CK2 will face a similar problem.

I hope we'll see fewer independent counts and dukes scattered about in CK2, fewer disintegrated kingdoms. I hope that with the new plot mechanics, the AI will prefer fighting for the throne, support others who do (wether they do so by civil war or assassination), or fight to change laws (succession, taxes, etc.) rather than declare independence. Not just because of conversion, but I think it's pretty boring, and it feels unhistorical, to see kingdoms falling apart all the time. There wasn't a lack of civil wars in the era CK is set, but empires falling completely and permanently apart wasn't quite as common, I think.

I'll make a prediction: One of the first DLC Addon packs for CK2 will be... a CK2 to EU3 converter :)

Good idea, i'll put it on the todo list for the spring.