+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2 to Europa Universalis 3

Crusader Kings 2 to Europa Universalis 3

Will there be a way to continue a great Crusader Kings 2 game within Europa Universalis 3? This was one of the best features of Crusader Kings!

They arent working on it, people might make a converter.

That is fine. Paradox fans are like Linux fans in many ways.

Somebody will code up a sweet CK to EU converter. Folks did a first rate job on the EU3 to Victoria 2 converter. I would expect CK to be at least as attractive for an interface with EU3.

NOTES:
    Crusader Kings 2 is looking like a best of breed product. The recent 'Polotsk' video on You-Tube is stunning. There appears to be depth upon depth, for example I caught a glimplse of the fact that Stewardship can be made (among other things) a hereditary title to the person you grant it to.

Quote Originally Posted by iGenovese View Post
    the fact that Stewardship can be made (among other things) a hereditary title to the person you grant it to.
    Seems I missed that one in the video. That would be really cool, though.
    What time index did you suspect seeing that?

Look starting at 11:00.

Actually it looks as if the user is bestowing a hereditary title of some type upon the Steward.

The title is like 'master of something'. It must bestow prestige or other bonuses. I am not sure, but it does not look like a vassal title (the only titles you could grant in CK). Besides, he wouldn't be Steward anymore if given a county or something.

Ah! It says Honorary... not Hereditary!

Darkest HourDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I hope Paradox will release (fully, easily moddable) converters as modular expansions I know I'd buy them, pretty much no matter the price.

Ah! It says Honorary... not Hereditary!
    Ah, yes, I did notice that. That's derived from a forum suggestion. It's great that made it in.
    Titles I noticed were Grand Butler, Cup Holder, Master of the Hunt. I'm very happy those tiny titles are also in.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Ah, yes, I did notice that. That's derived from a forum suggestion. It's great that made it in.
    Titles I noticed were Grand Butler, Cup Holder, Master of the Hunt. I'm very happy those tiny titles are also in.
    Will be great for the game of thrones mod and the titles they have in that.

Imagine Crusader Kings 2 ---> Magna Mundi.

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    LegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Look starting at 11:00.

Actually it looks as if the user is bestowing a hereditary title of some type upon the Steward.

The title is like 'master of something'. It must bestow prestige or other bonuses. I am not sure, but it does not look like a vassal title (the only titles you could grant in CK). Besides, he wouldn't be Steward anymore if given a county or something.
    Actually I read that you could have your vassals as advisors, can't remember where though, and I may be misrembering. Can somebody confirm?Anyway, this is as it should be, the most senior people in court may well have been the strongest vassals.... giving a potentially rebellious vassal an important job may have kept him in check and allowed him to wield his power on your behalf rather than against you, ie keep your friends close, but your enemies closer...

This was something that annoyed me about CK1. Having to keep your best and most loyal friends as advisors and denying them land just because they had martial 24.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by nyah View Post
    Actually I read that you could have your vassals as advisors, can't remember where though, and I may be misrembering. Can somebody confirm?Anyway, this is as it should be, the most senior people in court may well have been the strongest vassals.... giving a potentially rebellious vassal an important job may have kept him in check and allowed him to wield his power on your behalf rather than against you, ie keep your friends close, but your enemies closer...
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that was in 1 of the dev diaries.

Yes, I recall the minor titles from a diary.

I had not realized that a vassal could serve in the cabinet, however. It is a good change in that it can lead to additional complexity of the situation.

Oooh, a Custom User Title? Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Just so you know, I think that the EU3-->V2 converter is by far the most complete converter that any of the new generation of games have seen. Unlike the completely messed up old CK-->EU3 ones, the EU3-->V2 one appears to actually work, and make quite a bit of sense a lot of the time!
    I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing
    Cogito Ergo Sum

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    completely messed up old CK-->EU3
    If that's my converter you're talking about, it makes me sad. If not, have you tried the one I made?
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'll make a prediction: One of the first DLC Addon packs for CK2 will be... a CK2 to EU3 converter

Quote Originally Posted by King of Men View Post
    If that's my converter you're talking about, it makes me sad. If not, have you tried the one I made?
    I used yours. The world I got was indeed completely messed up, but that's because of CK creating a super-messy Europe. As far as I can tell the converter did a good job. There's just a lot of granularity that's lost going from CK to EU3. I imagine CK2 will face a similar problem.

Darkest HourDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Galleblære View Post
    I'll make a prediction: One of the first DLC Addon packs for CK2 will be... a CK2 to EU3 converter
    I really hope so, so I won't have to wait for the volunteers to make it (and fix it). With a functioning EU3-V2, this means one long campaign

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeNever View Post
    I used yours. The world I got was indeed completely messed up, but that's because of CK creating a super-messy Europe. As far as I can tell the converter did a good job. There's just a lot of granularity that's lost going from CK to EU3. I imagine CK2 will face a similar problem.
    I hope we'll see fewer independent counts and dukes scattered about in CK2, fewer disintegrated kingdoms. I hope that with the new plot mechanics, the AI will prefer fighting for the throne, support others who do (wether they do so by civil war or assassination), or fight to change laws (succession, taxes, etc.) rather than declare independence. Not just because of conversion, but I think it's pretty boring, and it feels unhistorical, to see kingdoms falling apart all the time. There wasn't a lack of civil wars in the era CK is set, but empires falling completely and permanently apart wasn't quite as common, I think.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galleblære View Post
    Good idea, i'll put it on the todo list for the spring.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Good idea, i'll put it on the todo list for the spring.
    And thus we have the very definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast