+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empire

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Post Your Empire

After looking in the 'post your DW empire' thread, I was pleasantly surprised to see the number of people posting empires they created using Death and Taxes. So, here's a thread for you to post your Death and Taxes empires.

*Please post your Death and Taxes empire below*
    Last edited by lukew; 29-07-2012 at 20:13.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Jagiellon first game, was gonna stop after formation but I realised I was a republic and I have a COT in capital so I decided to be a merchant republic and I'm gonna dominate trade, just westernized. Unfortunatally the Byzantines was my creation. No Castillian Africa but we have english and portuguess africa though. Muscovy died cos I turned them catholic :P

I play with all settings normal and lucky nations off. All in all defeating Ottomans felt too easy. I think this is because my economy became too strong after i recovered the first greek provinces. Also the resist ottomans modifier seems to powerful to me. But maybe this is as intended. After crushing Ottomans it was an easy ride to forming the Roman Empire. After that I enacted the decision that gave me Imperialism Casus Belli, which I think is way too powerful since I got it at about 1480. Since then I holy wared the Middle East and recovered my Cores.

I didn't in any way interfere with the French region up to now. France crumbled before the Reformation for no obvious reasons. Also interresting is that England never went for Wales and is instead focused on West Africa. Russia formed without my interference and steadfastly refuses to annex the russian minors that revolted out of them.

I hope my ramblings are of some help for the development of your great mod.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I am happy to read everyones ramblings! In future we aim to give muslims a few bonuses to help keep them alive and I will make some sort of modification to the British nation decision to allow for wales. The modifier isn't that powerful as it only fires when the Ottos are smaller than you, and IMHO Byzantium isn't too OP in this version since the strait was removed though I do see your point.

PS Is it just me or would you love to see a MP game with human France, Lotharingia, Iberia, Italy, Germany, Jagiellon, Russia and Roman Empire?
    Last edited by lukew; 13-10-2011 at 00:09.
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkid View Post

Jagiellon first game, was gonna stop after formation but I realised I was a republic and I have a COT in capital so I decided to be a merchant republic and I'm gonna dominate trade, just westernized. Unfortunatally the Byzantines was my creation. No Castillian Africa but we have english and portuguess africa though. Muscovy died cos I turned them catholic :P
    Who did you form it with and are you the emperor?

Started playing Aragon with the goal of forming Spain with a PU with Castille and then go on to the normal colonising game.
    Half a year after i managed to get castille in a PU.... It turned out to be so much more than just the ordinary colonising game.

Also yes, my dynasty managed to die during the unification war against Castille.
    (I wish u could burn all the forests so your heirs can't go hunting.)

The Kingdom of Burgundy Circa 1481

The Kingdom of Burgundy began its ascent to its state in 1481 through the acquisition of the Netherlands region by the demand of the local aristocracy. Castille's King granted the King of Burgundy the throne in the 1420s on his deathbed. The English crown was shortly achieved in the 1430s in the same manner. The current state of the Kingdom is turmoil. The newly integrated English and Irish regions are proving troublesome in their integration to the Burgundian rule. England was forced to integrate after 55 years in the union. The nations of Europe were not happy with this event. The alliance with Bohemia and Austria seems strong, but only time will tell. The Kingdom has its eyes set upon the Sienese unlawful occupation of Rome. The French were recently excommunicated by his holiness Pope, and the Burgundian armies have seen skirmished across the border with the French. Tensions are due to the recent taking of French possessions. Recently, King Louis I de Bourgogne has been financing explorations with the Azore acquisition from Portugal and its subsequent vassalization.

I felt like giving a short, descriptive history. This is my first Empire post, and it is the best game of EU3 that I have played, yet. This is a great mod. Keep up the good work! Also, Danswe, I agree that burning forests would be great because I lost 3 heirs to hunting accidents. :P
    Last edited by Radar38; 15-10-2011 at 02:02.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

D&T Version 3.4

Austria -> Germany (1490):
    In this Game even in Europe formed (sort of chronologically): Spain, Ireland, Russia, GB, Germany
    very cool!
    (France would have its historical borders as well if not for me... )

Europe:

Worldmap:

D&T Version 3.3 (sadly I can't continue them, they crash after reaching the next day)

Japan (1545):
    Absurd production income ( I invest like 500-something per-month), completely westernized and Personal Union with Wu and Xia --> Powerhouse :-)

Asia:

Europe:
    Poland and Burgundy - ouch!

Worldmap:

Burgundy (1430):
    lots of vassals in the empire here - especially the electors :-)

Europe:

Worldmap:

Poland -> Jagiellon (1422):
    I think Austria is the Emperor; I formed Jagiellon with a very lucky succesion of missons (to force unions) and death of my king.

Europe:

Worldmap:

So all in all many more nations forming than in vanilla; Hindustan and Spain leading the show, followed by GB, Russia, Ireland, Persia, ...
    All games are probably with low agressiveness & random lucky nations & (i forgot) no inflation in the 3.3 games

Edit:
    Can someone tell me how to resize the images, to make them fit into the forum?
    Last edited by Arrianus; 14-10-2011 at 11:27.
    “And remember, no matter where you go - there you are. ”
    - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianus View Post

Poland -> Jagiellon (1422):
    I think Austria is the Emperor; I formed Jagiellon with a very lucky succesion of missons (to force unions) and death of my king.

Europe:

Worldmap:

How the hell did you form them in 1422? I think there's a vassalize mazovia mission that doesnt core.

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Who did you form it with and are you the emperor?
    Formed with Poland (a little OP IMO), I believe Austria is the emperor.

Mazovia needs to be a core, what version of Death and Taxes are you using?

The Polish Empire protector of the Rus and Polish People.

At war with GH for 70 years... Rebels siege provinces and get them in 3 months for some reason now.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant_Hogers View Post
    At war with GH for 70 years... Rebels siege provinces and get them in 3 months for some reason now.
    The Occupation modifier gives a penalty to garrison growth, which eventually leads to negative garrison growth. Small garrisons lose sieges faster.

(Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkid View Post
    How the hell did you form them in 1422? I think there's a vassalize mazovia mission that doesnt core.
    I married/claimed throne/forced PU on Mazovia from the very beginning; than started to get the subjugation missions on Hungary (big and strong...)/Bohemia(Emperor - need I say something?^^).But I attacked them while they were busy fighting each other (and a bunch of other nations as well) and got them PU'ed. Now I had to wait for the Mazovian inheritance, while keeping relations up with insult-spamming HUmgary/Bohemia for the PU not to break. I DoW the Ottomans and others to avoid the insults. Then - with extreme luck - my ruler died in a short piece time: and i inherited mazovia -> core ->forming JAG

I have to admit that the extreme polish discipline helps a lot :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Mazovia needs to be a core, what version of Death and Taxes are you using?
    As stated, it was 3.3 for the Burgungy/Jagiellon/Japan game (I clarified my post about the versions) - and for me it somehow wasn't savegame-compatibel to 3.4 :-(
    I still would like to conquer the TO as JAG, to form Lotharingia ->(?) France-> HRE as Burgundy, and to colonize everything up tu Mars as Japan ... ^^
    Last edited by Arrianus; 14-10-2011 at 11:24.
    “And remember, no matter where you go - there you are. ”
    - Confucius

Yeah, the Polish dicipline is way too overpowered, I DOWed Bohemia from the get go and Lith was dealing with TO, I found I can scorch earth + wipe out their 20k stacks with my 12k easily.

1698, The Greater Constitutional Monarchy of the house of Savoie has expanded into the Holy Land. The Various Duchies and the Kingdom of Great Britain, also ruled by the Savoyard kings, have been allowed to expand into the New World on the precondition that the Natives are allowed to remain independent.

Soo... The Jagiellion Empire (As of 1605)

Hmm... Notice something strange? Natives still alive as of 1605? France, Great Britain, Castille, Portugal, and Aragon looking somewhat normal (Well, Portugal went mad with colonizing, but why? And that's Aragon in Napels, they inherited them :P)? Relatively clean borders in the HRE?

Well, enter Jan II Jagiellion! Jagiellion Emperor, Holy Roman Emperor, The Conqueror of Mecca, Protector of Jerusalem, The Champion of Catholicism, King of Great Britain, France, Castille, Aragon, Portugal, Denmark, and Novgorod, Liege of Byzantium, Sweden, Norway, Finland and pretty much everything within the HRE

(I inherited both Byzantium and Sweden (Who had eaten pretty much all of Scandinavia) at a point, but I released them as vassals because I hate the scandinavian provinces, they're so damn far away from each other, and I got overextension at that point :/)

LoL that bit of land in the middle of central Asia!

That's Novgorod :P

I know, but i wonder how it got that piece of land

I managed to form Jagiellon in 1418 and I was the HRE before my government changed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast