+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 47 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empire

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

@Birdyboy: What date is it, how long did it take you to conquer all of that?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Do you have cores there or are you just eating all the unlawful territory modifiers? I'm also playing a Lotharingia game at the moment and I'm finding it hard to do any serious expansion into the HRE.
    I left the HRE. I'm still Emperor in order to form the Frankish Empire (though tempted to end the HRE), but I just am trying to get 5 variable claim on Italy.
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The screenshot's taken in 1419, but I think I reached those borders in 1404 - I put expansion on hold a while to avoid a worse succession crisis. Started in 1356.

So about as long as Tamerlane.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    So, D&T starting as Florence in 1356, Very Hard + Historical Lucky Nations and the 5.2 beta patch

Starting with older screenshots :

Austria is PU, were my allies before that

Yes, i kicked the Mamluk advance on Europe and took their lands on the balkans, later these would compose the Tuscan territories of Bulgaria and Romania

Now :

Just so that you know, Great Britain had between 250 and 300 ships before that war, 92~ of these being Big ships...
    Seems like my superior technology (and all-caravels 40 ships navy) won me the war, combined with good leadership, of course

This is the result :

It is clear that my naval dominance was assured for some years, later GB rebuilt its fleet, but i don't think they would win against me on sea, on land however... (They have almost 300.000 soldiers They converted Spain (their old allies) and France to protestant as well )

Ukraine was a random PU, i never desired it, however now they might be used as a base of power on Crimea

Europe :

Now, i've been annexing my italian vassals, but i've got no rush, i need a core on Lombardia/Rome/Naples to form Italy, and i will only get this in 1550, until then i should have enough claim on the region...
    I'm more interested in what happened with France and Great Britain 0_o I have never seen them so powerful that they were able to conquer a massive amount of French territory. I can definitely see them further expanding into Portugal, Spain, and France. When they start colonizing, there's a good chance they will become the most prominent super power (if they aren't already), something that rarely happens with an AI England.

If you happen to read this, can you post the actual full map of the world? (press f12 and it will save to the screenshots folder)

Serbia, my first D&T game.

I've been fighting wars pretty much nonstop for the last 20 years, reconquest against orange Sicily, then holy war against ottomans to complete my mission to attack them, took Montenegro and Archea, then Lithuania attacked one of my buddies, had to white peace against them when Hungary declared war on Transylvania that I made them release earlier after they spammed a few too many spies at me. I force-converted them to orthodox right around when the ottomans declared holy war on me, took a province from Bulgaria then marched their entire army into the center of Greece and immediately got surrounded by Austria and Transylvania. I then carpet seiged their entire country, took all their European holdings including Corfu, and realized it was 3 AM and I should probably go to bed.

Diplomatic map.

That Sweden PU happened completely out of the blue (heh) and I dunno what's gonna happen when I inherit.

Also, the reason France looks like that is because Burgundy got 100% warscore on France and forced them to release vassals and countries down to 2 provinces, then did nothing about the power vacuum that created, and England started gobbling it up.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan541 View Post
    If anyone is interested, here is the link to the mini-mod/ patch, just put the contents over the D&T directory,
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21636...ankish+Mod.zip
    A few quick things
    First, forming the WRE requires you to be the Frankish one, except you can't form it if you're the Frankish one
    Second, I don't think the multiple claims thing is working properly, I had 17 provinces in Germany and 6 in Italy, and it said I was unable to from FRE, only the claim on France was showing up properly, and I only had 15 French provinces

Edit: It would probably be best to just create a Western Roman Empire region, covering Eastern France, Western/Central Germany, and Northern Italy, and require 35 provinces for FRE, and 65 provinces for WRE
    Last edited by British Rage; 06-05-2012 at 20:06.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Austria.jpg

Most of the explanation is in the figure. I only declared war when a mission asked it of me or if I was defending or had some valid reason such as forcing a PU.

My conquests, accidental/purposeful inheritances were in this order: Naples (inherit), Tirol (PU, inherited with Brandenburg), Milan-northern Italy, Brandenburg (inherited with Tirol), Wurtemburg (Inherited with Burgundy), Burgundy (who as you can see had conquered a bit already, used as ally against Bohemia and inherited later), Bohemia.

Forgot to mention I got one of those border disputes on Aquileia

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Lorraine -> Lotharingia

I forced PU on Bar and Luxembourg in the first year and cripple Burgundy's lower half in the resulting war. After that I forced a few more PUs with OPM's in the Lotharingian region, force-vassalized a few republics/archbishoprics, and then got lucky PU's with (a much reduced Castile) and Epirus (which gave me a port Holy War CB on Ottomans after inheritance).

The big break comes when France DoWed on England and Portugal and England decided to ally me, which allowed me to knife the cheese-eating monkeys in the back while half of their doom stacks were busy. I eventually formed Lotharingia in the mid 1500's, which is pretty late compared to what I've seen here.

Current state:

PU's: Austria, Portugal, Brunswick, Ferrara, Flanders, Pommerania, and Aragon.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    Lorraine -> Lotharingia

I forced PU on Bar and Luxembourg in the first year and cripple Burgundy's lower half in the resulting war. After that I forced a few more PUs with OPM's in the Lotharingian region, force-vassalized a few republics/archbishoprics, and then got lucky PU's with (a much reduced Castile) and Epirus (which gave me a port Holy War CB on Ottomans after inheritance).

The big break comes when France DoWed on England and Portugal and England decided to ally me, which allowed me to knife the cheese-eating monkeys in the back while half of their doom stacks were busy. I eventually formed Lotharingia in the mid 1500's, which is pretty late compared to what I've seen here.

PU's: Austria, Portugal, Brunswick, Ferrara, Flanders, Pommerania, and Aragon.
    How did you manage that? You must have no administration in half your provinces!
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

500k club

Romania - just beyond the edge of the map.
    Nice ongoing world conquest there. Charlemagne would be proud (alternatively he'd be like WTF).

My almost complete Novgorod->Russia may not be as impressive by far, but I played a laid-back game, mostly only conquering based on missions though I did eat a Nogai of my own creation to get the needed provinces for Russia decision (this happened just before these pics). Austria (former HRE for a long time), Saxony (HRE), England Great Britain and especially Castile Spain Iberia are doing great too, but only the latter has more than half my income (as you can see I only have merchants in my own trade centers, but my production efficiency is... decent, and I've reached the Barents Sea in 1532, before OTL Russia even started to colonize Siberia at all).

Also the Chobanids are INSANE. They run from Anatolia to India and show no signs of slowing down.

I don't have any colonization NI's, currently at Smithian Economics, Bureaucracy, Patron of the Arts and Divine Supremacy (becaise I'm full Innovative but I still want to convert).

Moldova was half again as large as now at one point, since all the romanian provinces are awesome in my personal mod and Moldova starts with an extra one of my design (Bucovina), but they couldn't hold it together against the rising Germanic powers. Riga, The Teutonic OrderPrussia, Gotland and Finland are Orthodox (Novgorod happened). Smolensk, Riga and... well just the two are left, are my vassals. Zaporozhia is orthodox and my ally and creation but my short term plans are to eat everything in the Russian region to get my cores including them. Hopefully this will give me the doubling on Iberia's income but I'm going to have to take QFTNW at least for a short time to cross into Alaska, I fear. Though for now Iberia has only colonized in South America... that's it from Europe. Colonization is very slow in Death and Taxes. However Morocco is a monster and happily gobbling up Western Africa, including colonization.

The most significant modding from Death and Taxes for the purposes of playing Novgorod is that Novgorod (and now Russia) is a noble republic. My current Knyaz, Nikifor Gorchakov, has 9 diplo, 7 mil and 5 adm, and has been in charge since 1495 (keep in mind he will have had a stellar career already before being elected so he's now in his 70s or 80s).
    The perversity of the universe always tends toward a maximum Finagle's Law
    If it's worth fighting for, it's worth fighting dirty for Murphy's Laws of Military Operations
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity Hanlon's Razor
    Never attribute to goodness that which is adequately explained by intelligence My corolarry

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Dat Saxony. It inherited Bohemia and then ate Poland?

500k club

Inherited both. Poland got bent up; Lithuania was doing well until they faced some coalitions and I, while allied with them, did nothing to help.
    If it's worth fighting for, it's worth fighting dirty for Murphy's Laws of Military Operations
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity Hanlon's Razor
    Never attribute to goodness that which is adequately explained by intelligence My corolarry

50 years into my Aachen -> Germany game. Not having royal marriages, PUs and diplo vassalizations sure makes for interesting games.

~50 years later

~50 years after that

Diplomatic mapmode

Now i just need to beat up Bohemia again and disband the empire. Good times.

500k club

I think Prawnstar was playing that GH...

Nice job in Germany, still. How'd you keep the HRE off your back before you could beat him?

I stayed in the HRE for up until the 1480s, though I squared off with the HRE a few times prior to that thanks to a few wars of aggression on Electors.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

EU3_MAP_KHA_1469719_1.jpg

Yuan dynasty game, 5.14, year is 1468 - did enough to form the Mongol Khanate, and the picture shows it after I took the decision, but since in-game it's disabled (though the file's there and usable with a minor alteration) I'm posting at roughly the moment I formed it; the tag switch is to show off that I rule all six of the capitals you need. :P

Declared war on one of the Chinese states on day one - the hard part about China is that they make alliances, so you have to deal with either high badboy or truces and high inflation when conquering them. Hit 7% inflation in 20 years and exceeded the badboy limit, then took the decision that gave me cores on Ming China and released a five-province Song as a vassal and never had to worry about the economy again. Expansion into southeast asia is the result of diplovassalizing and annexing - yay buddhism. Lan Na's currently a vassal too for that matter. Colonized Chagatai and bits of Kazakh, initially took colonial ventures to grab Siberia, then switched to bureaucracy. Wars with Persia (and their Delhi allies) Genoa, and Novgorod gave me the rest - virtually endless Chinese manpower tends to win wars even with long-as-heck supply lines, it just takes a LONG time. (Well, that's how I beat Persia and Genoa. By the time I fought Novgorod I had enough cores and troops in place, and a Lithuanian alliance, so I won with the *first* army I sent.) Rebellions are getting to be a problem, but I have enough troops to hold them down by now, although I've dealt with a few more Sunni zealots then I'd like and there were certainly moments where between war and rebellion I was getting a little nervous.

Also, although it looks hard to see with the color, I don't rule Khiva (with its four central asian provinces) or Pegu, they're just also a fairly similar shade of green.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan541 View Post
    If anyone is interested, here is the link to the mini-mod/ patch, just put the contents over the D&T directory,
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21636...ankish+Mod.zip
    I tired it with 5.7 and it gave me errors trying to load countries/China. Do I have to use a latter version of D&T? Thanks.
    Played HOI 1,2 and 3.
    Currently losing lots of time in EU4.
    Proud to be a Canadian!!!!

My long-running Brittany game. 1356-start with hard difficulty and high AI-aggressiveness. The main goal was to retake Albion from saxons. And to become a Great Power along the way.

The World:
    Last edited by Nichijou; 16-05-2012 at 18:10.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Wow, that's a blobby game! Ming and Hindustan went nuts. And who's that in South and Central America? Did Iberia run off to become Brazil?

Croatia -> Illyria

Fully Westernized, and also the Emperor. Bohemia is a monster that must be stopped soon, but other than that I'm not sure what else to do. I think uniting the HRE would be interesting.

xZBE5.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 47 72 ... LastLast