+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 46 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empire

For cores -

This is due to a few things.

One - vassals (had several like Achen, Palatinate, Wuttermburg, Krakow and so on)

Two - Personal Unions (Hungary, Russia, and Burgundy.)

So yeah. Pretty successful HRE formation.
    "If Humanity does not end war, War shall end humanity."
    __________________________________________________ _

The Phoenix Rises - A Palaiologos AAR, CK2 -> EUIV

First game on D&T and first game I've gone this far ever.

England, year 1575. Was Lucky to get a somewhat early alliance with Burgundy and made sure I maintained it through the Reformation. Without it I would have been crushed by the France-Spain alliance that was around for a about 100 years. Spain and my vassal Brittany got into a Colonial war and France decided not to answer the call to arms, Spain wound up having Aragon taken from them. Currently working on colonizing North America and than I want to move onto India but Vijayanagar is just too large to take on by myself and allies don't seem to want to go half way around the world to help, so I'll wait until my Forcelimit is higher and than just take a little at a time.

Currently I'm Allied with Burgundy and Prussia, Brittany and Friesland are my vassals, and I have PUs with Norway, Denmark and Portugal.

Behold, the early days of my Bremen Empire! I just got the urge to play them, but without forming Germany. So with no chance of winning the Emperor seat or doing things easy through marriages I'm being really slow. My first conquest was the province of Friesland. The CB came from a very unlikely source. As you will see the Muslim nations have been quite active in making moves into Europe. At one point the Ottoman empire and Mamelukes owned almost half of Italy together. They have slowed down since the the rest of Europe started to get higher techs, but during this time Morocco annexed the province. I took them to war alone and engaged in what was a 4 year war of taking out their fleets, and playing cat and mouse with the Armies they did land. Do you want to know what allies they called?

The Ottoman Empire (K)
    The Mamulukes (K)
    Najd (K)
    Granada (K-Wait a second...Aren't they in a personal Union with...OH GOD!)
    Castille (Oh CRAP! Wait, they got beat up by France pretty good. They don't have a navy! Phew...Hang on-)
    Portugal (46 ships...31 galleys... One of the only three nations with a bigger fleet than me...)
    x2 French Minors (Are you serious, this was a HOLY WAR!)

Still won. Also during this war I picked up a vassal from one of French Minors. About two years after the war ended France Dow'd me for it and I had to give it up. Not before they called in the Danes and I got to take one of their provinces that the British had left. After my infamy died down I decided to give up war for a bit, focus on trade and rebuilding my treasury, that at the point before the wars was at 1318 ducats. But then what did my biggest rival in the region do. He blocked my merchants from his CoT's. So off I went to war again, this time against the Hansa. When the war ended I owned Hamburg, Bremen and ended up with Munster and Oldenburg as vassals. I didn't want to give up the territory so I said screw the Emperor. I had enough ducats on me to keep relations high, so I wasn't bothered by the penalty. Now I have one problem left before I can place myself as a true power in not only Germany, but Europe as well.

My question to you, is how do I break Great Britain? I am worried about France, they however are too busy fighting Britain every few years for Ireland. With the Hansa broken, and Austria focused on dealing with the Ottomans, the only real threat to my plans are the British. Help?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

1367 as Armagnac

Behold the amalgamation of a 1356 game with Armagnac.

Basically, I cancelled my vassalization with France part way through a major war with Provence. I white peaced out and attacked Foix, and foiled France's invasion of Province. About 21 years in, I've got a PU with Burgundy, I'm allied with Trollhemia, and I'm part of the "Plantagenet" dynasty.

All hail Jean V Plantagenet, King of Armagnac-Burgundy. I plan to eventually become Emperor of Armagnac-Burgundy and integrate them... SO I CAN FORM FRANCE.

Also, I might have to exterminate my Plantagenet dynasty and bring a new French dynasty to power.

Anyway...

The world as of 1367

Map showing the extent of Jean V's demense and his extent of reign.

The heir to the throne, Jean V, is his daughter(?) Marguerite Plantagenet, future Queen(?) of Armagnac-Burgundy, she's 7 years old, and is 7/4/7, compared to her father's 5/8/4.
    Attached Images
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow, that's an impressive Armagnac
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    Wow, that's an impressive Armagnac
    Thanks. The Burgundy PU was mostly by luck. >_>
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

My first time trying Burgundy -> Lotharingia has been proceeding apace. The year is 1464; I formed Lotharingia on the 22nd January, 1408. I became HRE in 1428. As you can see in the below images, France was yummy. ^_^

Lotharingia, 1464

I took France apart in my favorite way -- I occupied their asses when I had the opportunity, got 100% warscore, and forced them to release minors like mad. Lather, rinse, repeat. The interesting thing this time around was that almost every single country I've released in the game from other nations (France, Austria, Bohemia, and England) have accepted vassalage under me diplomatically. This was a bit startling -- I've not had such as easy time getting vassals before!

On a related note, Castille has been my ally since almost day one -- this is the longest I've ever had an AI stay allied with me, in any of my games, since I started playing EU3. I've been surprised by their dedication. I'm wondering if this might have something to do with the AI tweaks.... (it goes without saying that they trust me implicitly at this point ^_^)

Lotharingia, 1464 -- Vassals

Another interesting thing of note, at least to me, is that Byzantium's current dire straits (it only holds Constantinople atm) are very recent -- 10 years ago, they controlled all of Greece except for Epirus (Janina and Messolonghi provinces) and half of Serbia. Then, all of a sudden, the Ottomans exploded out of Asia Minor and nom'd the Byzantines bad. They ate most of Greece (that which hadn't already popped out at Morea) and Bulgaria followed up immediately, eating the Serbian provinces. Epirus just took Athens from them, leaving them an OPM all of a sudden. It was kind of amazing to watch the semi-historical collapse of the Byzantines play out before me!

Also, I can confirm that Persia is working correctly -- it's massive, but staying more or less within its borders.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities." -- Thomas Jefferson, excerpt, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak and esteem to all." -- George Washington, 1775

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm happy to see the Ottomans doing well. And look at that Persia! I'm curious as to how exactly that came about. Could you post the world map from the game?

Do the Ottomans get a boost at 1453 (or the Byzantines a penalty)? Because that seems to be timed right for that year.
    -Ruanek

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Dafool View Post
    I'm happy to see the Ottomans doing well. And look at that Persia! I'm curious as to how exactly that came about. Could you post the world map from the game?
    As requested, the World, 1464:

Note that the dividing line between the Golden Horde and Persia is around the northern end of the Caspian Sea.

Edit: If anyone is curious, that's EGYPT in Judea and Gaza, vassal of the Mamelukes.

Edit 2: I took a peak at SE Asia, as I was curious how things had turned out. The Religion Map was interesting:

Last edited by Combat_Corgi; 30-04-2012 at 06:59.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities." -- Thomas Jefferson, excerpt, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak and esteem to all." -- George Washington, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post

Behold the amalgamation of a 1356 game with Armagnac.
    *snip*
    How are you not dying from infamy?
    You've got like 30 provinces and you start with what, 2? Lets pretend you only conquered 20 non-cores on defense only, that give you 60 infamy (20•3). subtract the 20 infamy you currently have (well, 19.7) and you still have 40 infamy. 1356-1367=11, how did you get rid of infamy at a rate of 3.6?!? What's your secret?

I don't know, actually. I didn't really watch my Badboy. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    I don't know, actually. I didn't really watch my Badboy. o.o
    Any PUs, missions, or unusual CBs (e.g. border friction)?
    -Ruanek

So, D&T starting as Florence in 1356, Very Hard + Historical Lucky Nations and the 5.2 beta patch

Starting with older screenshots :

Austria is PU, were my allies before that

Yes, i kicked the Mamluk advance on Europe and took their lands on the balkans, later these would compose the Tuscan territories of Bulgaria and Romania

Now :

Just so that you know, Great Britain had between 250 and 300 ships before that war, 92~ of these being Big ships...
    Seems like my superior technology (and all-caravels 40 ships navy) won me the war, combined with good leadership, of course

This is the result :

It is clear that my naval dominance was assured for some years, later GB rebuilt its fleet, but i don't think they would win against me on sea, on land however... (They have almost 300.000 soldiers They converted Spain (their old allies) and France to protestant as well )

Ukraine was a random PU, i never desired it, however now they might be used as a base of power on Crimea

Europe :

Now, i've been annexing my italian vassals, but i've got no rush, i need a core on Lombardia/Rome/Naples to form Italy, and i will only get this in 1550, until then i should have enough claim on the region...

This will be a work in progress for Lotharinga -> Frankish Empire -> Western Roman Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan View Post

This will be a work in progress for Lotharinga -> Frankish Empire -> Western Roman Empire.
    If anyone else wants my minimod for the Frankish Empire/ Western Roman Empire let me know.
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

Going into Northern Italy. slowly.

Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Do you have cores there or are you just eating all the unlawful territory modifiers? I'm also playing a Lotharingia game at the moment and I'm finding it hard to do any serious expansion into the HRE.

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the mini-mod/ patch, just put the contents over the D&T directory,
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21636...ankish+Mod.zip
    (Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

A High Middle Ages Mod from the End of the first Crusade to 1821

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Jalayirid Empire at the height of its power. Reunified the Il-Khanate at the expense of good relations with, well, anyone. But at least I pulled it off, conquering all the successor states actually in the region. (Chobanids conquered Georgia and stayed there - I took their old territory and left them intact as a buffer.)

Unfortunately, the Ottomans and Mamlukes allied with one another, fought periodic wars, and eventually their stacks got big enough that I couldn't kill them off with attrition. First they force-converted me to Sunni while I was still conquering, and about ten years after unifying the place, they declared war on me, I lost bad, and I couldn't get away with changing my religion to avoid major territorial losses. That plus rebels made me gave up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 46 71 ... LastLast