+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 42 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empire

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The game was played with D&T mod with a little editing, animism was given en +0,25 land moral bonuses, and barbiche infantery 1 in shock (def/attack) and 2 in morale defense by the year 1385, otherwise the military is IMO just too weak when men at arms arrive for westerners, its a bit of cheat I know.... The goal for me is to maintain, sustain and held a Anismist Lithuania.

The Great Tale of Lithuania, Perkunas' chosen people

Praamžius : the god creator of the universe in lithuanian pantheon
    Perkunas : lithuanian god of justice and thunder, the more important
    Pikuolis : god of the dead and the ocean
    Patrimpas : god of the harvest, life/nature and procreation

In the year 1356 the Great Kingdom of the Lithuanian's lords (federalism +5 !!!) faced many dangers, powerfull neighbour (Poland, Novgorod, Teutonic (and the Emperor) and Golden Horde), ambitious christians, devastating muslim. The people were controled tightly by the nobility (sefdom -5...). Although fiercefull (15 000 men with offensive -3 and Land -2) and of good quality (-1) our warriors were divided (1 stability, 50% of the territory is Orthodox, the other half pagan).

The counsellor were the greatest men of all, the Master of mint (niv 6) Estinas the golden, and the Grand Commander Skavas the bull (niv 6).

The land of Samogitia was taken from us by the Germans' Knights and our access to the Sea of our ancestors closed. No Nations wanted part with us, no one respected us. It was the time either to bent or to rise. Our King Gediminas the Great was wise and strong (dip 5; ad 6; mil 8); the treatorous Pole's Master offered him the hand of his daughter if he renounced the old ways. Perkunas was testing our lord. Gediminas waited, he responded that once the Kingdom is unite the offer shall be heard, "As you please my Son" said the traitorous Pole.

So the king went with his banners against the Knights. The fools were confident in their weakness and dared to march against our might. Little they know that the Children of Praamžius, the righteous of Perkunas were giants against the dead god. The battle of Trakai was glorious, the 10 000 knights hunted down to the coast of Memel and drown in the honor of Pikuolis, the silent guardian. Samogitia was reintegrated and the dead god put to flames as our druid showed the true way to our lost brothers.

But in the shadow, with all their sweetness and presents, the Poles were waiting. As our victorious army marched through Vilnya, a huge thunder bursted. Perkunas warned us, the days of the great perils were coming.

30 000 poles invaded our lands. And the Mighty King Gediminas died on the Battlefield, the young heir Peskinas unable to reign was placed under good surveillance, as presomptuous lordlings rose to claim the throne. The land of Polotsk had to be condemned to the Pole's tyranny and precious gold had to be given. But the Pretenders were slaughtered.

All wasn't done, more perils waited our humility and strengh.

Our country was isolated, weak in our developement (narrowmided +4), the true faith wasn't assured. Our king lineage was contested (leg 21). Wealth was scarce. Although numerous (35 000 by 1360) our army came with great cost that limited our possibilties. The country was paralyzed by the regency council. Uncapable to decide which path to follow as many folowers of the Dead were amongst our nobles.

And so was the country again attacked, by the presomptuous Novgorodian. The fat merchants beleived they could ask us to pay a tribute if we wanted to have commercial settlements in our ports.

It was their doom, as by 1365 the country was more unite than it used to be (60% pagan). Their army, although more numerous weren't a macth to our warriors, strong with the gift of Patrimpas. To our delight the russians started fighting against each other, the deceitfull prince of Moskva declared war on our opponent. We crushed them.

They renounced to their absurd territorial pretentions, but as we were about to sign peace, the traitorous Poles once again launched their forces against our beloved lands. The novgorodian were forced more harshly to accept peace, although we had a just claim to ask for their total submission, the perils from the polish contained our possibilities (thanks to a mission I could have gained a core on Novgorod as Muscowy had annexed most of their territory, but it was to costly, I dropped the mission by 1400 when they rose to power again).

The polotskian rode to war with the polish, but we extinguished their illusions, and reunited them in our might. This time the 45 000 polish were facing a strenghten opponents (offensive augmented with policy changes by 1356, and land increased by 1366). With tactics and wise choises our lords defended the Prince and his kingdom. The poles were defeated. They'd had to pay a greater cost if the lotharagian and hungarian kings hadn't intervened to protect their weak servant.

When the Prince rose to the throne the time was of peace and it lasted until the rengency for his grandson, "the Oak", the shield of Lithuania, King Zygimantas Gediminai first of his name. By 1387 the Pope and the Metropolite came to ou Council with all their pompous manners and the flatulence of their faith. They asking us either to serve the Dead of the Greek obedience, or to embrace the slavery to the pityfull Rome. the Prince Zygimantas discussed with the foreigner, argue and tried to understood their pretentions. The numbness and debility of their cause compare to Perkunas and its brother, the Dead compare to the Livings. Our beloved Prince show them the power of our lands, the strengh of our sons, the beauty of our woman and the plenty of our mill. Their was no more to discuss.

He was the great protector, blessed in our gods and by his ancestors. Gediminas reborn, he was the voice of the thunder that showed to the world the might and glory of Lithuania. He refused the disgusting preach of the christians. "Thou shall hear the thunder of our fathers, and your dead god will tremble in front of our sons, by the fury of the wind and the cold steel of the river. The livings will rise and your dead shall vanish" he proclaimed to the Pope and the Metropolite.

(seriously the guy was admin 7; dip 5 et mil 3, he fought like a boss, and survives throughout the 10/15 years of war I had without bent, he gave 90 legitimacy to the throne, while my current king, his son have only 30)

He lived in the Great Turmoils. The dark hours of the year 1387 when the voices of Death rose against us, the Pope of Rome called for a Crusade to our liberty and beleifs, while the Ulemas of the barbarians eructed for a Dhjiads to our lands. The Russians add their voices to these evils and preached "liberation" against us....

Zygimantas I Gediminai was then the King, he rose to power in 1393, the same year all the evils attacked us. His glorious reign saw the defeat of all our foes and to his last breath in 1407 he fought. The land extended to the province of Smolensk, Karkhow, Voronezh, Zaporozhia and Kurland.

The Teutonics launched two crusades in 1394 and in 1406. Their armies were chastised and the land of the Kur reunited in our State. Muscowy started two crusades in 1393 and in 1406, we crushed their forces, and the Great Zygimantas offer the head of the Muscowian Prince to our fathers, we sacked and burnt the town of Moskva to teach them the wrath of Thunder.

The Djihad of the Hordes in the year 1393 was the doom of the Great Khan, the plains were liberated and his army cut into pieces but then after the death of our great King, in 1407 they attacked once more.

The presomptuous Hungarian tried to forced us into his cult of deathby 1398, he was broken and his army dispersed in the plains.

The barbarian vikings of Norway and their western Saxons ally tried also to deprive us of our faith, their armies were pushed back to the sea and the shores were red with their offer to Pikuolis.

The Honor of Lithuania went to the soil, to the air and the river, when all was won, when peace was settle once more. But it didn't last.

Now the Great Khan assembled again his infernous hordes and they stormed our country, turmoil reign among the great families as the young prince Zygimantas Ausgustas seems frail and have trouble to gather support due to his young age. Our banners and warriors stand ready to shed the blood of the Khan and fertilized the great plain with their fury, but more perils are ahead as the eastern march is on fire... (I've 45 000 troops, the GH 60 000, the next game will be tight)

1407 - http://imgur.com/a/u8afu
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Fdurke; 20-02-2012 at 23:10.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Ruanek View Post
    No conquering the natives?
    I will conquer natives late. I want colonize land of today Canada, USA and Carribean, because they are empty and I will colonize them faster. I want to go to Mexico and South America later.

Sorry for my bad English.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

[QUOTE=twinxor;13428315]

How did you make that image?

My Aztec Empire continued. I've now began my conquest of the world in earnest. Up until now I've been bidding my time, waiting for my nation to fully westernize and to gain cores. Now all that is holding me back is infamy, which I am just barely able to keep under the limit with a level 6 diplomat, a level 9 diplomacy ruler, cabinet national ideal, max prestige, and my Embassy. I'm going to hold off on going over the limit until I've defeated Great Britain and France at least.

1630: Results of first war against Great Britain

1636: Results of first war against Brabent (it may be hard to see, but at this point I now own Friesland)

1641: Results of second war against Great Britain

1646: Results of first war against Castile, and France and Castile's endless war finally peacing out.

My primary goal in my wars against Great Britain is to take their North American mainland provinces before they can get cores on them. I also have now blocked anyone other then me from being able to colonize North America, and I'm now moving into Australia. Scandinavia, Malaya, and Great Britain are all in the process of collapsing. Only that last one could be blamed on me though. Byzantine has started taking colonies, but fortunately, my greatest threat, Bohemia, has been content to only expand into Novgorod and Timerids territory.

When I gained a colony in the empire and started getting subjugation missions on the minor states in the Empire, I was pretty sure the game was over. The next thing to happen, is probably going to be me taking a province in Great Britain itself.
    Last edited by TheDarkMaster; 22-02-2012 at 05:44.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What do you plan to do next with your mega-Aztec?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

My Roman Empire game in April 1530, I am at my infamity limit, so I will probably stay quiet and not conquer for atleast 10-15 years.

Around 1495 I took 5 Iberian Portuguese cores in order to realease Portugal as a vassal in order to have them colonise the new world for me. Castille formed Spain, then Iberia before eating into France, however when I started my wars with them France also declared war on them taking back their provinces. England is confined to the British Isles, I have taken one province from them when the time comes that I have to attack them in an event of war.

Youtube: Hawkiee92

Let's plays for EU IV, Crusader Kings II and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by lukew View Post
    What do you plan to do next with your mega-Aztec?
    Well, I'm currently conquering Great Britain. I've gotten them to move their capital out of London, since I now own all the provinces around it, and have pushed them off of mainland North America. I plan to take the kingdom of Brabant next, or maybe France. I also just diplo-annexed Holland with a mission, so I now have a core in Europe. The Holy Roman Emperor doesn't seem to want me in the empire though... Finally, I've industrialize and am doing the cultural idea "Liberty, Egality, Fraternite".

I am a bit frustrated with the lack of imperialism Casis Bali as an administrative republic (didn't even realize it existed until I randomly changed governments to see what the benefits of a constitutional monarchy where) up until then I'd been using Reconquest when I could, and Liberation when I couldn't; and the lack of any election governments between Administrative republic and constitutional republic. There is a giant tech gap in there, so I switched to a Constitutional Monarchy, and almost immediately go from a lv 9 diplomacy leader to a lv 3 diplomacy leader... At least he still has 7 administration so I don't get overextended.

At the same time, I'm colonizing on mass since I just got all the cores from my Inca conquest. My current expansion is into Oceania.

1659:

A couple other unexpected things have happened:
    -Bohemia just lost a major war against Austria, and a bunch of nations have been released. Plus Bohemia is having some trouble with rebels right now.
    -Ethiopia has begun colonizing into Indonesia and north of China, without QftNW or any colonization ideal. Just their 0.5 colonist a year from being Orthodox.

A couple thoughts I had.
    -The build a university mission is useless. Whenever it comes up, you're best off to just cancel it as soon as you can, since all you get out of it is a lv4 Philosopher, and it takes five years to build the university. I can easily get a much better philosopher if I want them in a shorter amount of time by just using the quick culture choices. Could a cultural or prestige bonus be added to this mission so there is actually a reason to do it?
    -Without the tech reduction, I don't find there is much reason to take a philosopher, since the benefits they provide can be very easily gotten from other great people with other more useful benefits. Additionally, their Great Work/Investment event doesn't provide any additional bonus other then the choice between +2 stability or +10 prestige that all of the Great Work/Investment events provide in addition to another bonus based on the great person in question. Would a bonus to annual culture tradition or annual prestige be added?
    Last edited by TheDarkMaster; 27-02-2012 at 00:34.

You do understand that you can elect yourself a good leader, switch to rep dictatorship for nationalism and back to admin rep when he dies and you get a sucky one ? Yes, the stab hit hurts but it isn't that often. And for philosophers, remember that they get that a repeatable event with a choice between +1 inno or +1 narrowminded. That's the only reason I use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim2 View Post
    You do understand that you can elect yourself a good leader, switch to rep dictatorship for nationalism and back to admin rep when he dies and you get a sucky one ? Yes, the stab hit hurts but it isn't that often. And for philosophers, remember that they get that a repeatable event with a choice between +1 inno or +1 narrowminded. That's the only reason I use them.
    When you say nationalism, do you mean the Imperialism Casis Balli? Because I've left my culture area long ago, and am trying to conquer other parts of the world now.

I've had max innovative for 200 years, and that event doesn't actually come up that often...

Oops, yes it's imperialism. Always confuse those two as they are the same infamy wise. Anyway, absolute monarchy at gov 27 or republican dictatorship at gov 32(?) give you imperialism. Gov 42 allows Revolution/counterrevolution NI which is 1 infamy/province.

True, it is kind of random how often it shows up. And if you're already where you want to be on the inno slider then there is no point taking a philosopher.

Thanks for the tip, I guess, but I actually have a fairly good heir coming up now, so I'm not too worried.

ALL HAIL THE MEDIOCRE AK KOYUNLU EMPIRE! (but seriously, between what my neighbors have done I can't help but feel weak)

Oh well, at least I reformed the government and became an Empire...

EU3_1.jpg

I have gibbed Trebizond and waged war on my neighbours (who were weak initially) until I got powerful enough to take on the Ottomans. When I waas ready, I didn't hesitate and attacked them. It was a rough series of wars. It took over 30 years for me to recover fully from it.

Look at that Golden Horde! It wasn't always like that. Russia formed really early in this playthrough, and was kicking GH's ass! However, something amazing happened, the AI settled and adopted Imperial administration. Afterwards, it kicked Russia into shambles. Teutonic Order has been acting very opportunistic. Good thing I am buddy buddy with them. Right now Golden Horde is fiddling with Lithuania.

If you are wondering who has occupied most of Byzantium it's Egypt.... Yea, Egypt.

Mamluks imploded after I attacked them with Persia and now Africa looks like someone puked rainbow over it.

Me, Golden Horde, Hindustan, and Persia have a 4 way alliance. When one member of our alliance attacks a country, we all declare war on it and send expeditionary forces and subsidize whoever is taking the hit.

Also, my dynasty's roots are deeper than you would expect...

Untitled-1.jpg

EuroDERP is its usual ugly self and in Asia Qing and Ming are going berserk

I would show the rest of world but Apprently it says invalid Url to imageshack embed link and it doesn't accept more attached Images :S. How can I fix this situation? (Also, how can I make so that the screenshots are saved as .jpg rather than .bmp?)
    Attached Images

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Wow, nice empire. What culture are you, are you able to form any nations (e.g. persia)?
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin

Wow, nice empire. What culture are you, are you able to form any nations (e.g. persia)?
    Thanks. Great mod btw. Love it to pieces. Love that you have removed the horde mechanic and made decision to settle as the previously horde countries now have a survival chance in late game. Horde mechanic was a fine twist at things but it was very inaccurate and got old quick. Also love that even the smallest slider change I make can culminate in a butterfly effect that would SHAKE THE FOUNDATIONS OF THIS WOOOOORLD! :P

I have Turkish as primary and Azerbaijani as accepted (I have moved Turkish to Altaic and Hungarian to Finn-Ugric and reduced the Turko-Semitic culture group to Semitic. Makes more sense for historical reasons and it makes things more interesting. I am also thinking of adding Jewish to Semitic but I dunno about the implications and whether or not it would be inconsequential.) It was Azerbaijani originally but I had "Cultural Shift" event since all of my current ownings at the beginning had Turkish culture.

I am not able to form Persia. I can only form the Mughal Empire, which doesn't make much sense considering the place I start in. I think only the small Persian states should be able to form Persia as it is a theocracy and I think there should be formable Safavids (only formable by Ak Koyunlu and Kara Koyunlu) that is a Sultanate with. I thought it would be interesting to have a goal like the Byzantines to form Roman Empire or eastern kingdoms to form Jagiellon. Also maybe make an event to move them to Ottoman tech shortly after they form (until mid 17th century Safavids were able compete with Ottomans and hold their own pretty well, and they were known for their effective use of gunpowder and artillery). This is just a suggestion though, just skip it if it is too much work for u

In any case, I'll have some more pics. I have played 30 years more and things have gotten interesting quick.
    Last edited by BartuShan; 02-03-2012 at 01:42.

heh, my ak koyonlu empire (even larger nowdays)

That is HUGE!
    I am not even gonna delve into what Europe has become XD

Well you have motivated me to expand now

Here is the newest state of my empire (still not strong enough :S)

Current Europe (Golden Horde is cutting through Eastern Europe)

Current Asia (note the Chagatai, they managed to Settle and modernize their military. So now they are Kicking ass and taking names. Qing and Ming are at each other's throats for domination of China )

AYUTTHAYA CAN INTO CHINA!

The fruit of my settlement policies

As you can see I do not intend to get too much into mainland Asia or Mainland Europe. I plan on conquering the whole of Italy up to the Alps then move on to Spain. Hopefully...
    Last edited by BartuShan; 02-03-2012 at 12:50.

Quote Originally Posted by victimizer View Post
    That Lithuania!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2

That Lithuania!
    I spent so much time looking at Foix and Alençon that I didn't even notice Lithuania, seems like they are pushing to China.

Quote Originally Posted by victimizer View Post
    Wait, is that Greece confined to Naxos?

I started at a later stage, the fall of the byzantium period (roughly). qara koyonlu still ruled over mesopotamia: in fact my game sort of began as an experiment whether I can mimic the real conquest of Ak koyonlu.

yes, greece is in naxos + morea still exists. After I force PU'd and inherited the Ottomans (who had been weakened by unsuccessful wars against Europe), I declared war on Austria. I was totally savaged by a European alliance. It took me sometime to recover from the massive shock (shitty monarch + huge war weariness + enemies everywhere). Unlike Bartushan, I expanded first into Persia first: the Qara Koyonlu were a push-over (dunno why, probably their previous failed wars against Mameluks and the tech gap between me and them), all the way to Khorasan, which I conquered fast by investing much in cultural tradition and then getting a 6 star diplomat to get rid of my infamy as quickly as possible.

I do have to admit that I broke up France at the beginning of the game (hence they're ruled by foix and alencon). I did this because in my previous 3 games, France was blobbing uncontrollably, often conquering entire regions of spain, north africa, and expanding massively over europe. A world without France was all the more interesting: Hasfids, a tribal despotism, rules over western AFrica, something that would certainly not have happened with France. And, of course, Britain was not conquered by France in the first 2 centuries. I think that this seems to indicate that the reason why Europe's maps look so awful is over-powered "big euro powers" like Castille and France which have the resources to fight too many wars in too many fronts.

Foix was protestant for a long time while Alencon is reformed. They both conquered their neighboring french states and now they fitfully fight each other. Foix later converted to reformed like most of central Europe. Scandinavia, Iberia and parts of germany remain catholic. South America is ruled largely by independent South American States (peru,cuba) all in the wrong places of course, but mostly catholic.

My islamic vassals in Asia. I broke up Hindustan, forcing them to release its conquests, then I broke up alliance with them individually, conquered them and released them as Islamic emirate vassals (often with missionaries already planted). Everything within that green line is is pretty much islamized and vassalized, except yemen and the tip of India (which is/was ruled by Christian Europeans). Its funny that everyone of them east of india inherited my "enlightened despotism" government, so now asia is full of them X)
    Last edited by victimizer; 03-03-2012 at 06:50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 42 67 ... LastLast